Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
I love how everything nowadays is just taken at face value and every allegation is believed to be entirely true without any due process whatsoever. Y’all and your pitchforks are such a perfect match.

Reactions: vandymeer13

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Can’t give the Blackhawks the benefit of doubt here. But also can’t make any definitive conclusion as to what the hell happened here. So much more details needed before making judgement one way or the other. And this is why the courts exist.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I would think most and nearly all of my fellow Hawks fans would agree with the bolded. It was a response to an overly-politicized moment in cultural history and many organizations overreacted.

I think saying it's a "scumbag" move is a little too far. Despite what people read and say on the internet, I'd bet most people have no problem with the Blackhawks logo and would prefer it NOT to change. It's clearly not something the Hawks as an organization and brand want to do whatsoever. Making this hire more of a social broadcast in an attempt to appease some unruly and vocal minority of people on the internet at a time when everyone was stuck at home online everyday.
Sure, but "most people" are not native americans so on this particular issue, "most people" don't really have a say.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
She didn't even got fired she was offered another contract and she declined. If she was harassed I hope the people involved lose their jobs and their reputability and she's made whole financially. I just find it hard to believe that an organization that's hyper aware of it's image because of extreme wrong doing in recent memory that's never been shy about spending money wouldn't have immediately cut a check if they found a hint of truth to any of these allegations to avoid any of this ever seeing the light of day.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Fordy

May 28, 2008
invite in a professional victim, don't be surprised when they find more reasons they should be one, and of course, get paid for it

Sure, but "most people" are not native americans so on this particular issue, "most people" don't really have a say.
i didn't realize native americans owned the team and had any say at all in what the name is

Reactions: vandymeer13

Dec 29, 2004
invite in a professional victim, don't be surprised when they find more reasons they should be one, and of course, get paid for it

i didn't realize native americans owned the team and had any say at all in what the name is
I think you missed the irony that a Swede has decided who has and who does not have a say here. LOL.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Tbh it's a little tone deaf. We fought wars for their land, then forced them into certain regions that became smaller and smaller while killing 10s of millions of them basically eradicating their race. It's like Germany having a team called the Frankfurt Jews. :dunno:

I think the Blackhawks are a little different than this example, though, as it's based on a single entity.

Last edited:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Tbh it's a little tone deaf. We fought wars for their land, then forced them into certain regions that became smaller and smaller while killing 10s of millions of them basically eradicating their race. It's like Germany having a team called the Frankfurt Jews. :dunno:

I think the Blackhawks are a little different than this example, though.
Where can I buy a Frankfurt Jews jersey?

I would unironically wear one all the time.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
All you people slamming the position of Cultural Advisor don’t know anything about how to run an organization. That is a nessesary job that most successful organizations have.

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don’t have a dog in this fight. And I don’t really care.

My point was only that Chicago has behaved in an extremely shitty way of late. And there is usually a price for that. Fair or not.

- They sucked - from top to bottom and beginning to end - with the Kyle Beach situation.
- Rocky Wirtz was a disgusting cretin in how he treated the very first public meeting post Beach. Instead of showing a modicum of humility he demonstrated that he was an arrogant dismissive ass incapable of learning. And the fish always rots from the head..
- Whatever happened with Corey Perry - it was poor timing for a team that should have been moving heaven and earth to be whiter than white after that Beach/Wirtz fiasco.

So whether this latest thing is fair on not fair, legit or not legit, it’s happened to a team that needs to get it’s shit together fast.

Lie with dogs, get fleas.

Let’s suppose this woman is a money grabbing opportunist who is just looking for a payout? Well, why on earth would she pick the Chicago Blackhawks of all teams to go after? Because shitty behavior in the recent past carries implications.

:huh:

They terminated Perrys contract the second they found out about what happened.

Once you cater to groups like this, it never ends. They'll always want something more. I'd say, "If you don't want to buy ticket, don't. Feel free to whine about us in the press and no hard feelings".

My guess : There would be ZERO impact on their bottom line.

Now, they are out $250K , plus they have a lawsuit.

Once you le the genie out of the bottle, its nearly impossible to put him back in.

& in cases like these, the media kowtows to groups like this so organizations dont have the option to reverse course unless they ant a PR nightmare.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Geoist

May 1, 2015
That organization is top notch, a true representation of rotted carcass boys club that the NHL is comprised of. Even if we question the merits and motivations of this individual, they still used their charitable foundation to pay off a tribe so that they wouldn't have to rebrand from their racist logo.

What makes the logo racist?

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke or if you just completely missed the point

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
What makes the logo racist?
Its a caricature of a native American

1715889384918.png

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So an employee sent her a dick pic, she didn't report it, she was fired and now she's claiming sexual assault.

Going on the record this is going no where. Professional victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad