Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What does one have to do with the other?
The lack of making Chicago lose a pick, which could have been the Bedard pick.

And any other trouble a team faced around that seemed to be Ottawa.

So, it seemed like Chicago got, essentially no penalty meanwhile Ottawa kept getting hit by either loss of a pick and players being suspended.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The lack of making Chicago lose a pick, which could have been the Bedard pick.

And any other trouble a team faced around that seemed to be Ottawa.

So, it seemed like Chicago got, essentially no penalty meanwhile Ottawa kept getting hit by either loss of a pick and players being suspended.
I’m sure the people banned from working in their chosen profession would disagree that they suffered “no penalty”. I’m sure they’re not thinking “whew, at least Chicago got to keep a draft pick.”

Ottawa cheated on a hockey trade and got hit with a hockey penalty. That is a decision on its own merit and has nothing to do with Aldrich.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Blackhawks absolutely made nice with this woman to legitimize themselves and used her to establish a connection to the tribes in question, and then paid them off.

Not illegal, and not even lawsuit worthy, but still a dishonest scumbag move. It was never about sustainable or unsustainable DEI initiatives.

What we have here is (most likely) a case of two parties both acting in bad faith and the losing party filing a vexatious lawsuit.

You are just blindly parroting political stances like the guy you are arguing with. Argue the facts of the case or GTFO.

When I read the article, I was confused as to why she would be a representative of the Chicago Blackhawks to the indigenous community in a parley about the brand... when she and the community would presumably be aligned in having the name changed...

Presumably the only information coming from the Chicago Blackhawks side would be to persuade the community to accept which they apparently did. That's the only confusing thing that jumped out to me.

The other allegations, I hope there's due process and justice is served.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
I realize who the organization is but this is honestly a nothing story, cliff notes:

1. Brought in as part of a group to improve relations between Hawks organization and native Americans, says the name is racist and must be changed.
  2. Hawks say no and (after donating a wad of cash and a FREAKIN HELICOPTER, THATS SICK) the groups agree and no longer want the name changed.
  3. She still wants them to change their name, so they constructively dismiss her
  4. Once this happens she accuses someone of sexual harassment despite never mentioning it at the time to anyone.
  5. The accused doesn't work for the Hawks, just someone attached to a company they hired as part of this outreach.

It's like if Applebee's used Hire Waiters LLC to hire all their staff, and at a store location, one waiter harassed another. Should Applebee's be held liable in this scenario? No IMO.
For #3, they don’t really have to dismiss her, she wasn’t employed by the team, she was a contractor

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The weirdest thing in all this is her reaction to the club and tribe coming to a mutual compromise. If the club was wanting to change the name and logo, they wouldn’t have needed her in the first place.

Reactions: Channelcat

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
My brother in law is native and still loves the blackhawks, redskins and Indians logos more than any other sports logos. He laughs at everyone who get butt hurt over these logos with as he puts it..

" fake rage for social media brownie points "

:laugh:
I don't care about the logos or names, but your brother in law doesn't speak for everyone. He isnt the "czar of the natives"

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I don't care about the logos or names, but your brother in law doesn't speak for everyone. He isnt the "czar of the natives "
Never said he did speak for everyone but thanks for clearing that up for everyone to avoid any confusion....

well-done-timmy-wo0yjcwiyfuttnno.gif

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Don’t know how anyone could cheer for this joke of a franchise. Obviously the last punishment wasnt enough if they are still sexual assaulting so it’s time to take some draft picks. I don’t see a problem with taking 2nd OA away.
You could actually read the article first. The SA allegations are against people who did not work for the organization.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I don't care about the logos or names, but your brother in law doesn't speak for everyone. He isnt the "czar of the natives"

What a stupid comment. So we can have your opinion or “non-opinion” on the topic but he can’t share his family members?

I must have missed the part where he stated his brother in law speaks on behalf of all First Nations.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That doesn't make any sense in this case if you've read the article.
I don’t have a dog in this fight. And I don’t really care.

My point was only that Chicago has behaved in an extremely shitty way of late. And there is usually a price for that. Fair or not.

- They sucked - from top to bottom and beginning to end - with the Kyle Beach situation.
- Rocky Wirtz was a disgusting cretin in how he treated the very first public meeting post Beach. Instead of showing a modicum of humility he demonstrated that he was an arrogant dismissive ass incapable of learning. And the fish always rots from the head..
- Whatever happened with Corey Perry - it was poor timing for a team that should have been moving heaven and earth to be whiter than white after that Beach/Wirtz fiasco.

So whether this latest thing is fair on not fair, legit or not legit, it’s happened to a team that needs to get it’s shit together fast.

Lie with dogs, get fleas.

Let’s suppose this woman is a money grabbing opportunist who is just looking for a payout? Well, why on earth would she pick the Chicago Blackhawks of all teams to go after? Because shitty behavior in the recent past carries implications.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad