MLS - 2024 Season

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
vanney needs to f***ing go

what the f*** were those subs at the end? taking puig and pec out were brain dead moves

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Messi, Suarez AND Biscuits didn't bother to make the trip to Vancouver this weekend lol. Could there be another riot in Vancouver's near future?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Messi, Suarez AND Biscuits didn't bother to make the trip to Vancouver this weekend lol. Could there be another riot in Vancouver's near future?
Well, that was something that as a casual fan, I thought, since Van has turf field, what is Miami's schedule?

Miami played at home on the 18th, then in VAN on 25th, then home on 29th. So, it's just a 1 game trip before 3 off days before their next game and it's as far a trip as you can get. Just a terrible 1 off schedule. No LA/SJ/Por/Sea/ that they could have included on the trip to make it a 2 game trip.

Fans are not happy from what I hear. As Whitecaps jacked up prices for the game, now offering 50% off food/beverages. But, whitecaps should have been more on the ball and following up with Miami once the schedule was released. Needed to check with Miami's and seeing that this game was a 1 off and how quickly their next game was, I would have had my concerns about Messi playing.

MLS, knew Messi was a huge draw and that all of Miami's road games would basically sell out. Had to give them the best schedule to enable him to play.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think Messi is going to make the trip for any of his games in Canada. I have tickets to the Miami v TFC game and I doubt we see him that night.

If you are a fan and bought expensive tickets to watch a different teams player, thats on you lol.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don't think Messi is going to make the trip for any of his games in Canada. I have tickets to the Miami v TFC game and I doubt we see him that night.

If you are a fan and bought expensive tickets to watch a different teams player, thats on you lol.
It's the last game of the season and Miami will have comfortably clinched, he's absolutely not playing in Toronto.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To be frank, I didn't even give a shit when Messi was in Montreal.

Part of the appeal for me to watching Messi play is context. Watching him in Argentina colors or Barcelona colors in a competitive match. Not on a retirement tour where the home fans are cheering for him while their club is down 1. It takes so much away from it. Jeer the guy, he's an opposing player for Christ's sake. It makes the league as a whole look stupid.

I read that Vancouver has synthetic grass right? 1, lol. 2, most stars from Europe will never play on those. Drogba didn't when he played for Montreal. Not sure if Nesta did.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Part of the appeal for me to watching Messi play is context. Watching him in Argentina colors or Barcelona colors in a competitive match. Not on a retirement tour where the home fans are cheering for him while their club is down 1. It takes so much away from it. Jeer the guy, he's an opposing player for Christ's sake. It makes the league as a whole look stupid.

I read that Vancouver has synthetic grass right? 1, lol. 2, most stars from Europe will never play on those. Drogba didn't when he played for Montreal. Not sure if Nesta did.
This x1000.

I had a friend who wanted to go, I said I would rather buy season tickets, sell that one and go all year for free. No way I am paying those crazy prices for a chance of MAYBE seeing Messi. A guy from work went with a client, was disappointed and was glad he did not have to pay :laugh:

Nothing against Messi, seeing live would be awesome, just like seeing Drogba, Henry and Beckham was... but I paid normal prices and did not cheer for THEM (well for Drogba... and Nesta, I obviously did).

Good for the clubs if they can make money off of Messi, but the consumers (because that is what those people are) are taking a chance. Miami is looking out for Miamia, as they should.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I mean, I've looked at schedules recently w/r/t the possibility of tickets just to see Messi, but it's on behalf of a hypothetical present idea for my youngest nephew who's a big fan. He's in St. Louis, though, which makes arranging things Interesting(tm).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

It’s kind of goes beyond the turf.

It’s a 10-11 hour round trip flight to play in Van on the 25th. Miami has games on the 29th and 2nd of June at home. 3 games in 8 days. Tight schedule. No reason at all for MLS to schedule Miami on a 1 game cross continent game in Van. Nothing further than Texas on the road going west if they needed a game between the 18th and 29th. Really poor scheduling for their main attraction.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Galaxy with another win against Dallas. Riqui with a nice pass to get the ball out of trouble on the first goal and then another nice goal for him on the third. It’s almost as if Riqui can’t score boring goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad