Michkov vs Demidov

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
Demi is 3rd behind Eiserman and Celebrini.

And as far as "better skater" that's debatable, Demi is faster, sure, but Michkov is flawless with his edges and has great first step acceleration. I'll give edge to Demi.

Stick handling/puck control without a doubt goes to Michkov. Overall it's Michkov by a mile.

So... because you're wrong and no one agrees with you, "I doubt anyone but me has watched Demidov play".
Demidov is a better stickhandler than Michkov.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
I bet Demidov will have a better career in NHL than Michkov.

P.S. Also I think that Ryabkin will be better in NHL than both of them.

P.P.S. Ryabkin will be better than both of them.

I will go even further, Grebyonkin will be a better NHLer than Michkov. No question that Michkov is a great player. So were Mozyakin, Shipachyov, Gusev. I just don’t think he has mentality for NHL.

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I bet Demidov will have a better career in NHL than Michkov.

P.S. Also I think that Ryabkin will be better in NHL than both of them.

P.P.S. Ryabkin will be better than both of them.

I will go even further, Grebyonkin will be a better NHLer than Michkov. No question that Michkov is a great player. So were Mozyakin, Shipachyov, Gusev. I just don’t think he has mentality for NHL.
This man said GREBYONKIN hahaha

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's easy to understand why McDavid or MacKinnon score 140 points, it's not easy to understand why Kucherov scores 140 points. The same about Michkov vs all these flashier prospects like Celebrini or Demidov. He plays that kind of game that not just fans but even experts don't understand. They probably think it's because of luck. Or bad opponents. Or good linemates. Or undertable money. Or whatever else. Just not special talent and skills.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's easy to understand why McDavid or MacKinnon score 140 points, it's not easy to understand why Kucherov scores 140 points. The same about Michkov vs all these flashier prospects like Celebrini or Demidov. He plays that kind of game that not just fans but even experts don't understand. They probably think it's because of luck. Or bad opponents. Or good linemates. Or undertable money. Or whatever else. Just not special talent and skills.
I've thought that so many times. He just, sort of, does it.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Yeah yeah. After he is sent down to the AHL to adjust to NA hockey and he returns to the KHL I can see a story like “Another Russian enigma who wasn’t used correctly in NA( aka “they wanted me to back-check”) and was forced to play in the AHL with lumberjacks”.
Some players are just so incredibly talented (Michkov is one of them) that it’s enough to destroy the competition at lower levels. And then they face such a high level of competition in the NHL that in order to continue to dominate, they need to shift another gear, work their as* off, and they just can't do that because they've never done it before.

Please don’t insult Kuch comparing Michkov to him. Kuch is one of the smartest player in the world with a great work ethic. Michkov more is in Nikita Filatov’s territory as for now. He fell in the draft for a reason.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah yeah. After he is sent down to the AHL to adjust to NA hockey and he returns to the KHL I can see a story like “Another Russian enigma who wasn’t used correctly in NA( aka “they wanted me to back-check”) and was forced to play in the AHL with lumberjacks”.
Some players are just so incredibly talented (Michkov is one of them) that it’s enough to destroy the competition at lower levels. And then they face such a high level of competition in the NHL that in order to continue to dominate, they need to shift another gear, work their as* off, and they just can't do that because they've never done it before.

Please don’t insult Kuch comparing Michkov to him. Kuch is one of the smartest player in the world with a great work ethic. Michkov more is in Nikita Filatov’s territory as for now. He fell in the draft for a reason.

After he scores at PPG pace in his first NHL season as a teenager I can see all those Michkov's haters will eat not crows but ostriches...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
After he scores at PPG pace in his first NHL season as a teenager I can see all those Michkov's haters will eat not crows but ostriches...

If Michkov can figure out a way to stay healthy, and you put him on an elite NHL PP, and give him 5v5 linemates that can do all the things he can't do, then I can almost see it.

But it's a lot of things that have to go right.

That and I hear ostrich is delicious, will take that over crow.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If Michkov can figure out a way to stay healthy, and you put him on an elite NHL PP, and give him 5v5 linemates that can do all the things he can't do, then I can almost see it.

But it's a lot of things that have to go right.

That and I hear ostrich is delicious, will take that over crow.

He doesn't have any problems with injuries. As to pneumonia and other shit like this, it's not about health, but about maturity. I'm pretty sure he's got all the experience needed for now, and this kind of illnesses won't happen anymore.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

You should go to make colonoscopy. You need healthy guts to eat so much crows.

Do it without anesthesia. You will learn something more about hockey at least this way.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Careful, your prejudice is shining through

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Kucherov is always the guy who Michkov has reminded me of. His game is so cerebral he makes scoring points look easy.

Demidov is certainly the flashier stickhandler, but Michkov has the puck on a string.

The only thing I’d say Demidov has a clear advantage in is skating.

Also I’ve seen a few people mention size but there’s hardly a difference between the 2 of them.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Every Russian gets compared to other Russian even though that’s limited universe of players. It’s always either they’re Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Kucherov.. or they are Filatov, Zherdrev, Yakupov. Nothing in between. It’d be like if Canadian they were like well he could be Crosby, Yzerman, Lemieux but he could also be Daigle, Drouin, Sam Gagner.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kucherov is always the guy who Michkov has reminded me of. His game is so cerebral he makes scoring points look easy.

Demidov is certainly the flashier stickhandler, but Michkov has the puck on a string.

The only thing I’d say Demidov has a clear advantage in is skating.

Demidov is the better handler if you want to talk about ability to keep the puck on a string.

Michkov is just the smartest offensive player, I don't think it does justice to how good he is to rank other attributes. At least in the offensive zone and on the PP, he'll be the better scorer than Demidov despite not being as good at skating or handling. Michkov however will need more help getting pucks back and getting pucks up ice, as he will be lapped by bigger and faster NHLers.

Also I’ve seen a few people mention size but there’s hardly a difference between the 2 of them.

I know the official figures are similar between the two, but there's a huge difference between these two players in strength, physicality, and reach. Demidov can actually forecheck and pressure opponents. He can rock opponents and take a hit no problem. I don't know if it's longer arms or what, but he is definitely a rangier player despite being about the same height. Reach is the most underrated part of "size", at least we don't talk about it enough on HF. It's why Logan Cooley for example avoids some of the issues other small players have, because he has a big wingspan.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
You should go to make colonoscopy. You need healthy guts to eat so much crows.

Do it without anesthesia. You will learn something more about hockey at least this way.
Is it your way to learn hockey? Yikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad