OT: Lounge (Read OP).

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
wow reminds me of the old OT Thread in 1998 when the regulars would all chat here.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
wow reminds me of the old OT Thread in 1998 when the regulars would all chat here.
I just started posting but have been reading since about 2010. Not sure if that makes me a regular but I appreciate this place. Even if I don’t get along with everyone’s opinion always.

You guys ever do meet ups?

Elvis P

London Calling
Dec 10, 2007
Goddamn Wrecks fan
distrokid.com
I did a mock draft with a friend.

Manager: Leo Durocher
Announcer: Vin Scully
Walkup Songs: Bad to the Bone, Enter Sandman, Hells Bells

Lineup
OF Rickey Henderson
2B Joe Morgan
OF Willie Mays
OF Hank Aaron
DH Stan Musial
SS A-Rod
1B Mickey Mantle
3B Eddie Matthews
C Johnny Bench

Bench
Frank Robinson, OF/1B
Albert Pujols, 1B/OF/3B
Carl "Yaz", OF/1B
Cal Ripken Jr, SS/3B
Roberto Clemente, OF
Adrian Beltre, 3B

Rotation
Roger Clemens
Tom Seaver
Greg Maddux
Warren Spahn
Phil Niekro

Bullpen
Closer Trevor Hoffman
Clayton Kershaw
Nolan Ryan
Satchel Paige
R. A. Dickey

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Chris Kreider is my new guardian angel. These playoffs are my saving grace right now. My ex is just being awful and taking advantage in every way possible, using Henry as a weapon to control me and constantly running to my family to bad mouth me and spread BS. And I have a trump card I could play but I don’t because I don’t want Henry to not have his mom or for her to be adversarial with my family because they have to be in each others lives. So I’ve just been taking it. And it’s killing me. I’m working my ass off and broke 24/7 despite my success. I’m paying her rent, her phone, her car. As well as my own. I I have $80 in my bank until next Friday. And I have Henry tonight until Tuesday so I don’t even know. I think I’m going to file for bankruptcy. I’ve donated plasma. I’ve picked up bartending shifts after work. I sold all my jerseys, my PS5, my MacBook. I don’t have anything of value at this point. If I can’t come up with $2-3k I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’d gotten my credit back up to like 710 over the past year and it’s back to like 580 now. It’s just such a losing battle. I need us to stay in the playoffs. For my sanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmox and Elvis P

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Chris Kreider is my new guardian angel. These playoffs are my saving grace right now. My ex is just being awful and taking advantage in every way possible, using Henry as a weapon to control me and constantly running to my family to bad mouth me and spread BS. And I have a trump card I could play but I don’t because I don’t want Henry to not have his mom or for her to be adversarial with my family because they have to be in each others lives. So I’ve just been taking it. And it’s killing me. I’m working my ass off and broke 24/7 despite my success. I’m paying her rent, her phone, her car. As well as my own. I I have $80 in my bank until next Friday. And I have Henry tonight until Tuesday so I don’t even know. I think I’m going to file for bankruptcy. I’ve donated plasma. I’ve picked up bartending shifts after work. I sold all my jerseys, my PS5, my MacBook. I don’t have anything of value at this point. If I can’t come up with $2-3k I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’d gotten my credit back up to like 710 over the past year and it’s back to like 580 now. It’s just such a losing battle. I need us to stay in the playoffs. For my sanity.
That really sucks. I dont want to give cliches because it doesnt pay the bills or make your ex be more fair but the universe does provide ( as silly as it sounds) and when you get through it you’ll be rewarded. All the this nonsense becomes a distant memory that has made you stronger for yourself and son. You got this.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I played nice for years, she waited until i was weak from a catastrophic illness and struck. Don’t play nice, no mercy. Every study ever consucted shows that the father is truly the important parent for the children to have good life outcomes.

I havent seen my kids since june 2022.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Hang in there brother. We're all rooting for ya.

Reactions: Elvis P

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Hang in there brother. We're all rooting for ya.

I’m trying brother. I’m giving her almost $1250 per month right now while making less than $3500 after taxes. I’ve found a balance where I can afford it, but if I don’t pay off $2500 or so in debt that I’m paying on monthly, I can’t make the money stretch and I’m just f***ing treading water. It’s brutal right now.

Reactions: Cmox and Elvis P

Elvis P

London Calling
Dec 10, 2007
Goddamn Wrecks fan
distrokid.com
@HolyHagelin, we changed the RP rule so you can only draft ones born after 1979. I like my otherwise active player team and I hope you do also.

Lineup
OF Mike Trout
SS Mookie Betts
1B Joey Votto
DH Paul Goldschmidt
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Giancarlo Stanton
3B Nolan Arenado
2B Jose Altuve
C J. T. Realmuto

Bench
1B Freddie Freeman
3B/2B/SS Jose Ramirez
SS Francisco Lindor
SS Carlos Correa
OF Jason Heyward
OF Christian Yelich

Rotation
Justin Verlander
Clayton Kershaw
Max Scherzer
Jacob DeGrom
Gerrit Cole

Bullpen
Closer K-Rod
Joakim Soria
Sergio Romo
Adam Ottavino
Jonathan Papelbon

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I know I won’t be giving her nearly as much when the divorce settlement is finalized, but she knows that so she’s dragging her feet in every way possible while just absolutely tormenting me. She thinks that when she says jump, I jump and when she makes an arbitrary rule - like you’re not allowed to take Henry out of the house unless it’s the store or a playground - I’m obligated to follow it. She thinks she can make demands for this and that - you can’t use my stroller when you have him, get your own (who do you think bought it - she was never employed during our marriage).

Last week, during work hours, she texted me a question. I didn’t respond immediately and 3 minutes later she follows up with “nevermind, I’ll call your family”. I was literally talking to a client and my phone wasn’t even in my pocket it was in the car. This Saturday she does the same - Henry and I were having a picnic and HE was watching Toy Story on my phone. She asked “how’s Henry doing?” and 5 minutes later follows it with “WHERE IS MY CHILD” “Answer me” “I’m coming to get him” “I want my child”. The total time between her first text and me responding was less than 15 minutes. I simply explained that my phone isn’t always in my hand and she goes into “you’re a lying POS, I know you’re just ignoring me! You saw my text! You can’t keep my child from me”. Meanwhile she asked to have this weekend so she could spend with a guy she’s seeing and I hadn’t seen the texts (and don’t have read receipts, so even if Henry had opened them - he hadn’t - she wouldn’t be able to tell). This turned into a huge blowout once again.

Meanwhile, her phone is still attached to my plan and she racked up $214 in international calls this month which she’ll “pay for” supposedly, and I just paid their electric bill for $95 leaving me with $30.80 until Friday. I’m struggling. Meanwhile she’s redecorated her (my other) apartment two or three times, bought furniture, had her hair and nails done every couple weeks, bought new clothes and shoes, etc. She drives our car (2023 Tucson hybrid) while I drive a 2012 Kia Soul my work provides. I’m f***ing dying. The Rangers having these days is not helping either.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I know I won’t be giving her nearly as much when the divorce settlement is finalized, but she knows that so she’s dragging her feet in every way possible while just absolutely tormenting me. She thinks that when she says jump, I jump and when she makes an arbitrary rule - like you’re not allowed to take Henry out of the house unless it’s the store or a playground - I’m obligated to follow it. She thinks she can make demands for this and that - you can’t use my stroller when you have him, get your own (who do you think bought it - she was never employed during our marriage).

Last week, during work hours, she texted me a question. I didn’t respond immediately and 3 minutes later she follows up with “nevermind, I’ll call your family”. I was literally talking to a client and my phone wasn’t even in my pocket it was in the car. This Saturday she does the same - Henry and I were having a picnic and HE was watching Toy Story on my phone. She asked “how’s Henry doing?” and 5 minutes later follows it with “WHERE IS MY CHILD” “Answer me” “I’m coming to get him” “I want my child”. The total time between her first text and me responding was less than 15 minutes. I simply explained that my phone isn’t always in my hand and she goes into “you’re a lying POS, I know you’re just ignoring me! You saw my text! You can’t keep my child from me”. Meanwhile she asked to have this weekend so she could spend with a guy she’s seeing and I hadn’t seen the texts (and don’t have read receipts, so even if Henry had opened them - he hadn’t - she wouldn’t be able to tell). This turned into a huge blowout once again.

Meanwhile, her phone is still attached to my plan and she racked up $214 in international calls this month which she’ll “pay for” supposedly, and I just paid their electric bill for $95 leaving me with $30.80 until Friday. I’m struggling. Meanwhile she’s redecorated her (my other) apartment two or three times, bought furniture, had her hair and nails done every couple weeks, bought new clothes and shoes, etc. She drives our car (2023 Tucson hybrid) while I drive a 2012 Kia Soul my work provides. I’m f***ing dying. The Rangers having these days is not helping either.
b9bd19de-cf12-470b-8ec8-1ec446250617_text.gif

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
@HolyHagelin, we changed the RP rule so you can only draft ones born after 1979. I like my otherwise active player team and I hope you do also.
That squad would win a looooooooot of games

It’s hard at times like this man. Society is very anti-male right now and you are finding out all about it. Sorry.

This too shall pass though, brother.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SadisonSquareGarden
I liked the Girardis one 😂
Wow. These Rangerstown promos were always a nice way to see the Rangers’ personalities off the ice.

But, does anyone here remember way back to the BobbyGranger promo campaign at all?
Those are now a timecapsule and so nostalgic to me since NYR were just starting to emerge from the dark ages and looking to showcase their young core.

This one has a young Baranka, Dubie, Staal, AND Nigel Dawes (remember him?)

Of course. This one was one of my favorites. Darius’ hair flip at the end always gets me 😂

Brings back memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad