London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Max McCue has many layers to his game.
Yes, he hits like a runaway freight train, but he makes big plays too.

Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
You

really think Cowan is going to get a full time spot on the Leafs? He might get a few games but he cant go to the AHL cause he will only be 19 still as well as Bonk and Barkey
It 60/40 him sticking. I think he get to stay up till WJC then we’ll see

Reactions: zman77

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
It 60/40 him sticking. I think he get to stay up till WJC then we’ll see
I think it’s 15/85 he sticks with the Leafs. They will likely try to reconstruct the roster but definitely won’t be a tear down. They still see an opportunity to win in the short term and will be active in the free agent market with a lot of cap coming off the books this summer. Cowan has nothing left to prove in the O but I think comes back and is a leader for Canada at the WHC.

Reactions: LDN
I especially love how they report Hache went over and told Monette what Sim said.
"Uncle Joe, that mean boy called me a P****. Do something or my daddy will fire you!"
Sure, they recused Hache Sr. for the playoffs. Does that mean he's still not their boss? Look at the difference in the way the games were called against the Spirit, and now the Generals. Night and day y it was Monette....
Not shocked it was Monette AKA Slim Pickens
#allfatties #noteeth

Reactions: Slowpace

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
As much confidence as we have right now and with all the fun we're poking at the Gens, we have to remember that you have to win 4 games. Oshawa has swept one previous series and reeled off 3 straight against NB last series so don't count them out just yet. It's important that the Knights don't fall asleep at the wheel and come out and dictate the style of play. OSH cannot run and gun with LDN so put the pedal to the metal and let's bring it home tomorrow night. And if not, bring it home Friday in front of your home crowd. Either way, can't see London losing 4 in a row, but then again, stranger things have happened.

Amen x2
Plus Saginaw is at home healing up and practicing for a rematch. Studying video on 4 other teams. You want them to get this done in 4 and then go take a long nap.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
FYI I believe the only league that mandates NHL or back to there league is the CHL. NCAA, Europe, US Junior etc all allow a drafted player to play wherever they choose to basically once drafted?
Do you think this rule hinders player recruitment for the CHL teams?
No

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s everyone’s thoughts on tonight’s game? I think the Gens will throw everything and the kitchen sink at us

Reactions: sbpointer

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
It’s hilarious posters here get on Laxdal for blaming the refs when some of the same posters do the same when London loses.

It’s part of the immaturity of junior hockey. If NHL coaches did the same they are immediately fined.

He has a point on the Roobroeck breakaway. That could’ve easily been a penalty shot.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
It’s hilarious posters here get on Laxdal for blaming the refs when some of the same posters do the same when London loses.

It’s part of the immaturity of junior hockey. If NHL coaches did the same they are immediately fined.

He has a point on the Roobroeck breakaway. That could’ve easily been a penalty shot.
I'm not on him for blaming the refs. I expected it. He's deflecting, it's the only good coaching move he's done all series.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You

really think Cowan is going to get a full time spot on the Leafs? He might get a few games but he cant go to the AHL cause he will only be 19 still as well as Bonk and Barkey
As a depth forward on a rookie contract I think he gets 2nd/3rd line minutes. Toronto may like this for them as they have a big 4 that make 40 million combined

Look at Matt poitras

Reactions: All the Answers

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I'd like to agree with you, but the Spirit numbers have been exposed, those are far from Memorial Cup winning stats. Practice all they want, unless they find a game action simulator, their chances are slim with only 0.588 PCT, regardless Windsor's success of 2017

Team -GP -W -L -OTL -PTS -PCT -GF -GA -P10 -PP% -PK% -PIM
Spirit -17 -10 - 7 -0 -20 - 0.588 -54 - 48 - 4-6-0-0 -16.7 -77.5 -168

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
As a depth forward on a rookie contract I think he gets 2nd/3rd line minutes. Toronto may like this for them as they have a big 4 that make 40 million combined

Look at Matt poitras
Toronto will make some changes on these 4 forwards this summer, they have to, or it'll be samo-samo every year, Cowan needs top six if he's to develop some more in the pros, if they don't they will hurt his development, Top six in Toronto or back to London for other year of junior

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Toronto will make some changes on these 4 forwards this summer, they have to, or it'll be samo-samo every year, Cowan needs top six if he's to develop some more in the pros, if they don't they will hurt his development, Top six in Toronto or back to London for other year of junior
I know this isn’t a Leaf discussion, but unless Marner and Tavares agree to move, and they may not as they hold the cards, it’ll be the same old same old for one more year.

That being said, if the Leafs are being responsible, they’ll send Cowan back to London after a short 10 game audition.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What’s everyone’s thoughts on tonight’s game? I think the Gens will throw everything and the kitchen sink at us
Pressure is all on London tonight to not letting the Generals have second wind, Oshawa will try to not get blown out in front of their fans, they will likely be loose and may be playing a fairly motivated game IMHO

I know this isn’t a Leaf discussion, but unless Marner and Tavares agree to move, and they may not as they hold the cards, it’ll be the same old same old for one more year.

That being said, if the Leafs are being responsible, they’ll send Cowan back to London after a short 10 game audition.
Agree

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Did anyone catch the Q final last night? Drummondville looks strong. Moose Jaw is also up 3-0 in their series. It’s an odd year thus far with all the finals not being as close

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Did anyone catch the Q final last night? Drummondville looks strong. Moose Jaw is also up 3-0 in their series. It’s an odd year thus far with all the finals not being as close
I did, the Q'league will be the weakest of all 3 leagues this year at Memorial Cup Tourney, no "M"cup repeats for a while, if they do it will be because they play with a lot of emotion, it is what carried this team through the playoffs., I have seen 4 in total of their games on CHL live playoffs replays. Yes Drummondville played really well in the playoffs with an excellent defensive system to go with, they have earned their ticket to the big tourney, but they were also playing in (what I believe is) a watered down league this year, even with Baie Comeau finishing first. The Qs will be weak for 3 or 4 years to come, they are saying a low talent pool for the foreseeable future at prospect drafts. Drummondville have six players to really watch for, Ethan Gauthier led the team these playoffs but Luke Woodworth and Alexis Gendron are the ones that upped their plays big time, also have Mikael Huchette with experience on Remparts winning team last year. They have one very dangerous offensive D-man in Sam Oliver 9g-8a for 17pts these playoffs and a strong goaltender in Riley Mercer in net, the rest are just supportive staff on the team, you control these top players you will control their team., Resembling between Soo and Oshawa type team calibre IMHO -Seen them playing in early falls game in Val d'Or, a lot has changed since then

horner

May 22, 2007
Why has Dale hunter never coached in the NHL since 2011-12
Just curious

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Need to come out flying put your foot on their throat end it tonight!!!!!!

Unpopular opinion start Willmore give Simpson some rest/friday if needed

If it isn't over tonight I don't see how oshawa would win Friday we shall see
Man I love junior hockey!!!!!!

Why has Dale hunter never coached in the NHL since 2011-12
Just curious
Have you seen the success he is having at the junior level speaks for itself

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

horner

May 22, 2007
Need to come out flying put your foot on their throat end it tonight!!!!!!

Unpopular opinion start Willmore give Simpson some rest/friday if needed

If it isn't over tonight I don't see how oshawa would win Friday we shall see
Man I love junior hockey!!!!!!

Have you seen the success he is having at the junior level speaks for itself
I don't blame him for staying with the nights

Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad