Player Discussion Linus Ullmark

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
dead even. just about.
But I feel 100% more confident with Ullmark in net right now.
Swayman just looks off. His rebound control, which is usually really good, has been brutal since the break.
Hasn't recovered from Pasta sniping on him in the all star game :sarcasm:

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
What's interesting is if Sway takes 5.5M, they could keep the hug going for years. Extend Linus.

Not that I remotely think that's happening.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ullmark going to be in huge demand.

teams with young promising goalies who want to win now and obviously in the future get a high end talent/character person on a mid G dollars contract (14th) for a season.

GM’s want to stay GMs and after seeing Ullmark last 4 seasons (Buffalo as well) and how he helped and embraced (should say hugged) Swayman he’s a guy I’d be all over

He’s got a partial no trade but he knows the future is Swayman & Bussi who’s a legit guy needs waivers - and will want to get out infront of this. The player his agent and Sweeney will likely work to get this done and a extension

Having a young top prospect 10 years younger than Ullmark making little cap money will be perfect situation for who gets him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Thank you for your service. He was a good Bruin, unfortunately got hurt and was incapacitated at the worst possible time in 2023 and Monty hung him out to dry. But he was a tremendous story and stabilized this team in the regular season over three years when there were a lot of question marks with Rask heading to retirement and a rookie Swayman being eased in.

Goalies don't ever get good returns, I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2nd round pick.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Thanks for your service Ullmark.

I wasn’t a fan of the signing at the time. He obviously played above my expectations in the regular season. In the playoffs he left me wanting more.

Assuming he brings back an important piece for the future I can say the signing ended up being a good one.

Wish I could see what the team would have looked like if they rolled with Swayman/Vladar and used that money for somebody that skates a regular shift but we’ll never know

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Why would you trade Freddy ? Guy makes peanuts for what he brings.

Coyle that's another story
I don’t want to trade Freddy, I was just curious where he would slot in but he’s a winger so it’s moot. I agree on Coyle.

Think it would be nice to have an actual right winger playing the right side instead of left wingers like Debrusk, Heinen, van Riemsdyk, Lauko or Frederic.
I’m assuming you don’t think Lysell could be that guy based on the trade? I don’t disagree.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Goalies don't ever get good returns, I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2nd round pick.

Three years ago in the summer, Darcy Kuemper was traded from Arizona to Colorado for a 1st, conditional 3rd, and Conor Timmins. I mention this as a basis of comparison, because numbers-wise they are pretty comparable.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I guess he played his last game with us huh? Weird to think. He was a good dude.
Hard to imagine him not getting moved even for a pick or picks .

Three years ago in the summer, Darcy Kuemper was traded from Arizona to Colorado for a 1st, conditional 3rd, and Conor Timmins. I mention this as a basis of comparison, because numbers-wise they are pretty comparable.
What did his contract look like at the time $ and time sorry I’m to lazy to google.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad