Proposal: LA & MTL

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree to that deal.
Please ignore your fellow Habs fans who are just jealous that they didn't come up with that idea.

This is a rare win-win trade, please sign here ............

We won't add the Jets 1st and we probably ask for retention where Dubois's AAV is less than Suzuki/Caufield. I'd swap the 1st with Struble.

Would you still do it then?
Anderson, Dvorak, Struble
for
Dubois (retention down to $7.5M.)

Dubois can be risky with the term left but he's still young. I do think he wants to be in Montreal and I think MSL gets the best from him.

Most Habs fans want nothing to do with Dubois at this stage though. Not sure what Gorton/Hughes/MSL think but that is more important than what fans think. If there is a trade done and Dubois does well for the Habs, those same fans who trash him now will rub it in the Kings face later. :nod:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We won't add the Jets 1st and we probably ask for retention where Dubois's AAV is less than Suzuki/Caufield. I'd swap the 1st with Struble.

for

Dubois can be risky with the term left but he's still young. I do think he wants to be in Montreal and I think MSL gets the best from him.

Most Habs fans want nothing to do with Dubois at this stage though. Not sure what Gorton/Hughes/MSL think but that is more important than what fans think. If there is a trade done and Dubois does well for the Habs, those same fans who trash him now will rub it in the Kings face later. :nod:
I don't think it makes sense with the retention for 7 years

Reactions: go4hockey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think it makes sense with the retention for 7 years

That is fair but Habs are not bringing in Dubois where he makes more than Suzuki and Caufield. Habs might be interested but we have must haves in the trade conditions for us to talk deeper.

Dubois could rebound with the Habs or he could not. If we are taking the risk, we need the retention as one of the conditions. $7M-$7.5M range. If the Kings want to move on from it, it's $1M - $1.5M of retention for 7 years. Yes that is not ideal either from the Kings perspective.

1/1? Only thing that makes sense is Huberdeau but he is older with a higher cap it. Flames won't like the retention either. Has to happen before July 1st because Dubois's NMC kicks in and doubt he waives for the Flames. I bet Huberdeau waives for the Kings.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That is fair but Habs are not bringing in Dubois where he makes more than Suzuki and Caufield. Habs might be interested but we have must haves in the trade conditions for us to talk deeper.

Dubois could rebound with the Habs or he could not. If we are taking the risk, we need the retention as one of the conditions. $7M-$7.5M range. If the Kings want to move on from it, it's $1M - $1.5M of retention for 7 years. Yes that is not ideal either from the Kings perspective.

1/1? Only thing that makes sense is Huberdeau but he is older with a higher cap it. Flames won't like the retention either. Has to happen before July 1st because Dubois's NMC kicks in and doubt he waives for the Flames. I bet Huberdeau waives for the Kings.

ignoring cap. I think I would rather take PLD given his age and potential ceiling (albeit hard to see him ever reaching it) over Huberdeau 1 for 1.

As for your proposal LA is taking back some bad contract there to, negating the need to retain IMO.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Blake would kiss Hughes' feet if he offered that. PLD is a a f***ing loser and he has proved it in 3 different teams now.

Reactions: viceroy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
ignoring cap. I think I would rather take PLD given his age and potential ceiling (albeit hard to see him ever reaching it) over Huberdeau 1 for 1.

As for your proposal LA is taking back some bad contract there to, negating the need to retain IMO.

I think most would choose the younger Dubois over Huberdeau. With Dubois, at least he is still young and can rebound. Huberdeau is signed from 31-37 at a high cap hit. Most know the 35+ risks but man, who would have thought he would fall so fast.

Kings would be taking some risky anchor contracts back yes but term left is more manageable. Anderson can rebound and Dvorak is a very solid bottom 2C... Good at the boring stuff a center does (after you look at points).

I'm open to a Dubois trade but not desperate. Same as I said with the Jets. Kings interfered by offering a very good futures package and then also a huge 8 year contract. My gut tells me they keep Dubois and try to utilize him better in their top 6.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think most would choose the younger Dubois over Huberdeau. With Dubois, at least he is still young and can rebound. Huberdeau is signed from 31-37 at a high cap hit. Most know the 35+ risks but man, who would have thought he would fall so fast.

Kings would be taking some risky anchor contracts back yes but term left is more manageable. Anderson can rebound and Dvorak is a very solid bottom 2C... Good at the boring stuff a center does (after you look at points).

I'm open to a Dubois trade but not desperate. Same as I said with the Jets. Kings interfered by offering a very good futures package and then also a huge 8 year contract. My gut tells me they keep Dubois and try to utilize him better in their top 6.
I think LA keeps him. If they were removing Blake then I could see him being moved or even bought out (if the cup is awarded before the 22nd of June as it is 1/3 hit), but with Blake still in control it would be admitting a very very very very very huge miscalculation.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
wow another PLD to Montreal thread...how original.

Once again, PLD has flaked out on 3 separate teams and I don't see any reason to give him another shot. He is also one of the last guys I would want to be around the young guys in Montreal. I would want real leaders to give the example to the young guys. Not a guy who gives 50% on his best night...

L.A. is his dream come true.....they are stuck with him...

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Fans all say they don't want players for specific cultural reasons but this focus on PLD by some Habs fans is almost unhealthy (over the last 2 years) and makes me (and likely others) wonder if some do want those players for cultural reasons. Strange
It’s definitely a genuine issue for some. Which is why you’ll always see the Lafreniere threads as well. Or any other major Franco star.

I was willing to bid on PLD when he was leaving Winnipeg but not at the price that was paid to acquire him. He’s worth nickels on the peso now and would only offer scraps/cap dumps. Certainly not a first rounder. LA should be paying a first to be shut of him.

He’s not someone the Habs want or need around their rebuild.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
wow another PLD to Montreal thread...how original.

Once again, PLD has flaked out on 3 separate teams and I don't see any reason to give him another shot. He is also one of the last guys I would want to be around the young guys in Montreal. I would want real leaders to give the example to the young guys. Not a guy who gives 50% on his best night...

L.A. is his dream come true.....they are stuck with him...
With that contract and played in LA, PLD would not go anywhere.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

for
Absolutely not, i am already in an agreement with the OP as is.

• Haha
Reactions: CDN24

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
MTL : Josh Anderson + Dvorak + WPG first
for
LA : PLD

Don't think PLD is a lost cause tbh , i'll gamble on him.

LA gets a power forwards in Josh that could fit and a center in Dvorak to replace PLD on the third line + a late first rd pick.
I’d hit that offer if I’m LAs GM. He’s.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I rather not respond the way I like about this "trade" because I'll earn a long vacation.

Way back, in the old country my uncle had a donkey that barely worth feeding. It just stood there, doing nothing. PLDonkey reminds me of that...donkey. well, almost. He does do some light cardio workout in the games.

Never mind his effort, he will infect our team with his attitude so...ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Reactions: viceroy

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
for

LA gets a power forwards in Josh that could fit and a center in Dvorak to replace PLD on the third line + a late first rd pick.

No.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
for

Nope. Take out the Winnipeg 1st and add 4 firsts from LA and I'll listen.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
How about Kaliyev for a second. Or a mean d prospect instead?
After Blake’s comments about him after the playoffs, I doubt he’ll garner that much value.

"He didn't help down the stretch here at all, so, we're going to have to figure something out with him for sure."

I doubt the Kings qualify him after that, and Kaliyev’s RFA rights aren’t worth a second. If they’re lucky they may get a late third. More likely is they’ll just not qualify him and let him walk for free.

I’d take a flyer on him in Montreal because I think he wasn’t really given a fair break… but with Blake painting himself into a corner here, I wouldn’t offer much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad