News Article: Krejci leaves Pardubice

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The reason they havent signed the contract for another month are some financial concerns about the insurance for all the players, if the NHL doesn't start and the team will be able to put the money together for the rest of the season, they will stay.

However it's unlikely the team will be able to put together enough money for all of them, so they are free to look for jobs right now.

Nothing more to that than this :)

That would make sense - I recall Krejci had to wait a while to join Pardubice because of insurance concerns. Do you have a link?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So Hemsky has made over 24 million in the NHL and Krejci 14 million and they can't afford the insurance? I guess they figured it would be over by now, and maybe will go back if the league calls off the season.

Lou, the teams pay the insurance iirc. Also, Krejci's is going to be through the roof due to his concussion history.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
So Hemsky has made over 24 million in the NHL and Krejci 14 million and they can't afford the insurance? I guess they figured it would be over by now, and maybe will go back if the league calls off the season.

The reason Crosby's not playing in Europe is insurance cost, and he's made plenty of money. Concussion history and length/cost of contract are certainly factors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad