News Article: Krejci leaves Pardubice

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Krejci, Hemsky, and Kindl leave Pardubice

Curious news out of the Czech Republic today as three NHL stars departed Pardubice to return to North America.

Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports Bruins forward David Krejci, Oilers forward Ales Hemsky, and Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl departed the Czech Extraliga squad. Krejci and Hemsky were having big seasons for Pardubice with each scoring more than a point a game.

If you’re curious why they’re coming back, that’s a good question. The team isn’t on a break for the holidays or other tournament action like the Spengler Cup.

It would seem logical that they’re coming back to see if there will be an NHL season. Should that wind up being canceled, you have to think they’ll have a spot waiting for them in Pardubice.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way of keeping tabs on how the NHL talks are going while staying over there. I doubt they had to phyically come back here to find out what's happening. There must be more to this story as to why they left.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way of keeping tabs on how the NHL talks are going while staying over there. I doubt they had to phyically come back here to find out what's happening. There must be more to this story as to why they left.

I believe your right, in this day and age of instant information, it isn`t as though it takes weeks for information to be communicated. I have no info or proof but something tells me, life in the Euro leagues isn`t quite as cozy/lush

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
Odd that they're all leaving at the same time but it sure doesn't look lockout related so far, considering no NHL player has left Germany by now.

Stastny, Briere, Seidenberg, Wheeler, Pomminville etc. all playing today, surely something would have leaked already.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

According to reports, the NHLPA has an app for members that keeps them informed of any updates, and players can call anyone who's attended meetings for info, just fyi.

Last edited:

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Its probably a holiday break for NHL players, even though their respective European teams are not on break.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If it's a holiday break, though, wouldn't they stay home? I recall Krejci saying he hadn't had a Christmas at home since he was a teenager.

Yea he did in an interview last year. Something is definitely up and I hope it isn't anything bad. I'm not surprised they left together as they are very close especially Krejci and Hemsky.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Don't know what to make of this.

Could be them coming "home" for the Holidays, but they're Czech... If something was released you'd likely see a lot more players coming back. Not something with the Bruins, probably not the Oilers and Red Wings too. We have a good amount of guys in Europe, Bergy and Seguin are two of the biggest members of our team and they're staying for the Cup... You'd think all of the NHL players competing in the Cup would get out of that if something was up.

Confusing, but probably nothing. Really weird how all of them are coming back to NA. We'll have to wait, I guess.

member 96824

Reports say Krejci thinks Pardubice treats their players like insects. Wants to go back to being treated like animals

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nhl players seem allergic to other contracts. Pretty lame of Krejci and these other guys just bailing at the drop of a hat.

Wait a sec - first they're scum for taking jobs away from other players, and now they're scum for giving up those jobs?

Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Wait a sec - first they're scum for taking jobs away from other players, and now they're scum for giving up those jobs?

Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Only you would find it perfectly fine for a player to skip out on a contract. Im sure thats why they left. Guilt. Yeah right. Steal a job and then don't even bother to honor your deal. Trashy.

I still love u though :)

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Only you would find it perfectly fine for a player to skip out on a contract. Im sure thats why they left. Guilt. Yeah right. Steal a job and then don't even bother to honor your deal. Trashy.

I still love u though :)

I didn't say that's why - I haven't the foggiest idea why they left. But they're not the only ones - Bergeron's leaving Switzerland after the Spengler Cup, and several other players have already returned to North America. The clubs that hired them knew that was going to happen sooner or later; that's why they all have out clauses in their contracts.

Cheers.

klikkar

Apr 30, 2009
Brno
The reason they havent signed the contract for another month are some financial concerns about the insurance for all the players, if the NHL doesn't start and the team will be able to put the money together for the rest of the season, they will stay.

However it's unlikely the team will be able to put together enough money for all of them, so they are free to look for jobs right now.

Nothing more to that than this :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad