Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
but why?

i'm biased but... i've been up there several times, including the 08 world championship. it's a beautiful place and it's full of hockey nuts. it's hours from montreal. there are certainly enough fans in that area to support a team. i could understand if folks had done some analysis regarding the amount of corporate dollars needed to keep a modern NHL team afloat but i haven't seen any of that (here at least).

mind you, i'm not against trying to grind it out in AZ but also think there's nothing wrong with QC getting another team.
I don't mind Quebec getting another team. Just not at the expense of some other team, i.e. relocation.

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Apparently our boards and glass were updated for the first time in the history of that arena.

‘Chairmen of the Boards’: Florida Panthers get new glass, dasher boards in Sunrise

Those boards were original from 1998! That's crazy! I don't know of many arenas that go 24 years without changing their boards, let alone NHL arenas. Back in 2010 I was part of a crew that changed the entire boards in the Sarnia Sting arena.
New glass will be awesome as well. You can only make old glass look so new for so long. For an arena like that that does so many changeovers, I'm sure that old glass was used and abused.

Reactions: JP Mick and Vilam

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Watching our first interviews since the break is telling. This team is like a unified front. They are confident in each other and seem very determined. Brunette could be a little more concerned about a few things but he has this quiet calm that is needed also.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Tippett has not earned a spot on this team with the season that he has had so far. He definitely does not belong on line 1, the only thing that I can think of is that he is being shopped.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Those boards were original from 1998! That's crazy! I don't know of many arenas that go 24 years without changing their boards, let alone NHL arenas. Back in 2010 I was part of a crew that changed the entire boards in the Sarnia Sting arena.
New glass will be awesome as well. You can only make old glass look so new for so long. For an arena like that that does so many changeovers, I'm sure that old glass was used and abused.

maybe it'll break the curse :)

Reactions: Prominence Problem

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Hi y'all, new to the boards, been watching from sidelines for a couple months.
Bill Zito is my spirit animal.
Anything I should know or learn while posting?

The guys should be well rested which will help down the stretch here but Carolina and Minnesota are rolling right now, no time to shake the rust come Wednesday and Friday.

Off to a Superbowl party, will check in Wednesday.

Reactions: Vilam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad