Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston and Oshawa are pretty much equal for picks.
I would be more concerned with Brantford. Brantford is a bit more unpredictable because they could go bananas with the crazy amount of picks they possess a few days before the deadline.
I like how Kingston is positioned, all-in followed by a draft with two first round picks.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston and Oshawa are pretty much equal for picks.
I would be more concerned with Brantford. Brantford is a bit more unpredictable because they could go bananas with the crazy amount of picks they possess a few days before the deadline.
I like how Kingston is positioned, all-in followed by a draft with two first round picks.
Kingston will still be a good team regardless in one of the deepest years in the east in a while

However I worry about Brampton and Brantford in particular because of their record in past years against them and their draft pick situation

Also oshawa as they’re going to have all this experience that will help in the reg season but obviously more so in the playoffs for next years run for them. May not win it all next year but will be a damn good team.

Me personally I want them to have a building block year again, try for second or third round, make a few trades for some OA’s, maybe trade a few 05’s away to help clear up space for the year after and then in 2025/2026 when it’s a weaker east except for prob the Pete’s and Niagara by then the fronts should go for it around frasca, battaglia and company.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston will still be a good team regardless in one of the deepest years in the east in a while

However I worry about Brampton and Brantford in particular because of their record in past years against them and their draft pick situation

Also oshawa as they’re going to have all this experience that will help in the reg season but obviously more so in the playoffs for next years run for them. May not win it all next year but will be a damn good team.

Me personally I want them to have a building block year again, try for second or third round, make a few trades for some OA’s, maybe trade a few 05’s away to help clear up space for the year after and then in 2025/2026 when it’s a weaker east except for prob the Pete’s and Niagara by then the fronts should go for it around frasca, battaglia and company.

The eastern conference, at least the central division and Brantford should be absolutely loaded in 2025-26.
The east could be strong next season if Brantford and one of Barrie or Brampton add significantly. But those teams will start as a bit deeper version of this years Gens with more picks.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Battaglia Frasca Thibodeau
Midema Hopkins Soto
Shewfelt McNamara Heyes
Buttar Goble

Burns Williamson
MCGowan Chromiak
Vellaris Uens
Moore

Vaccari
Betts Salajko

I don't know if this team has the power. Yes, it has the top 5 players. The challenge on forward is what they have below that.

Also the defence has a few holes that need to either be filled or players to step up.

The question mark is Chromiak, do they or don't they?

I think this team has to play hard, see where they are near Christmas, and then make a decision. Thibodeau should bring a good trade.

Oshawa losses Calum lockhart
Barrie has almost everyone back
Brantford is going to be hot
Brampton has the best goaltending and returing
Niagara could be a dark horse
I think Kingston will be at best a 4th place team

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston as a contender the way I see it would look a lot different. Kingston would add at least one new import and 2-3 new OAs with playoff experience to start the season.

Frasca-Wakely-Battaglia
Medeima-Hopkins-Soto
Import-McNamara-Thibodeau
Buttar, Weir, …

OA-McGowan
Burns-Uens
Vellaris-Inport/Chromiak, …

Reactions: Section5Petes

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
Battaglia Frasca Thibodeau
Midema Hopkins Soto
Shewfelt McNamara Heyes
Buttar Goble

Burns Williamson
MCGowan Chromiak
Vellaris Uens
Moore

Vaccari
Betts Salajko

I don't know if this team has the power. Yes, it has the top 5 players. The challenge on forward is what they have below that.

Also the defence has a few holes that need to either be filled or players to step up.

The question mark is Chromiak, do they or don't they?

I think this team has to play hard, see where they are near Christmas, and then make a decision. Thibodeau should bring a good trade.

Oshawa losses Calum lockhart
Barrie has almost everyone back
Brantford is going to be hot
Brampton has the best goaltending and returing
Niagara could be a dark horse
I think Kingston will be at best a 4th place team
Been awhile for me. People keep saying there is s need to fill holes on D. I think the glaring issue is on fwd. That group listed there is as soft as butter. Other than Heyes there is no grit or toughness at all up front. Also feel that at least one (maybe more) of three guys you have listed there in the top six will be moved in the off season, and people might be surprised as to who they are. I think you will see some big changes coming. Mann is going to put his stamp on this team moving forward. If you are not willing to pay the price to make a play or whine about ice time and line demotions, see ya!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston as a contender the way I see it would look a lot different. Kingston would add at least one new import and 2-3 new OAs with playoff experience to start the season.

Frasca-Wakely-Battaglia
Medeima-Hopkins-Soto
Import-McNamara-Thibodeau
Buttar, Weir, …

OA-McGowan
Burns-Uens
Vellaris-Inport/Chromiak, …
Really hope they don’t do another year of burns and uens together 😂 I think that experiment has definitely failed

Williamson as a top pair Dmen after being health bombed most of last season is a hot take.
He may be our most improved next year. I think a couple guys to look for are weir, Williamson and I think vaccari will look for redemption. But for sure the first 2. Battaglia will be better but not sure how much. I’d expect 40/40 from him

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Really hope they don’t do another year of burns and uens together 😂 I think that experiment has definitely failed

He may be our most improved next year. I think a couple guys to look for are weir, Williamson and I think vaccari will look for redemption. But for sure the first 2. Battaglia will be better but not sure how much. I’d expect 40/40 from him

Mann likes Uens it seems, he was out on the top PK in the playoffs.
I agree forwards have to be added. Wakely and an import with size would be ideal imo. A #1 centre is a must though

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I agree forwards have to be added. Wakely and an import with size would be ideal imo. A #1 centre is a must though
For sure. Need to get a star forward - hopefully Romani, wakely or Barlow and probably a big Russian rhd if possible to go top pair. And imo draft a centre that will be here 2 years in the import draft and that’ll help with pushes for both this year and next. And acquire Liam sztuska as an OA goalie to split the games with vaccari. Those would be 3 or 4 big moves to make. After that sit back and relax until trade deadline

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
For sure. Need to get a star forward - hopefully Romani, wakely or Barlow and probably a big Russian rhd if possible to go top pair. And imo draft a centre that will be here 2 years in the import draft and that’ll help with pushes for both this year and next. And acquire Liam sztuska as an OA goalie to split the games with vaccari. Those would be 3 or 4 big moves to make. After that sit back and relax until trade deadline
It guaranteed that there would be a fight for the guys you mentioned. I can see Brantford Mississauga in the east putting together better packages than Kingston can.

I think that this team is going to be a mid-card this year and a power team 2025

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Three OAs and Romani or Barlow would cost Kingston all of their picks plus Hopkins and Weir, so there would not be much deadline action. Though it is possible Maholtra would play for an OHL team giving Kingston another half dozen picks.
Romani is an interesting thought. Trading for Wakely and VanSteensel early could make Romani a gimme later…no doubt contender then.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It guaranteed that there would be a fight for the guys you mentioned. I can see Brantford Mississauga in the east putting together better packages than Kingston can.

I think that this team is going to be a mid-card this year and a power team 2025
Beast, the east should be very strong in 2025-26. Barrie, Brampton, Brantford are ideally suited for a run that season. Ottawa trading Pinelli this season could build around Marelli and Mews and ‘05s as OAs; and Niagara could be close, and NB already has 9 signed ‘06s with a back end that is pretty much set for two years.

Kingston will certainly have competition for OAs this season though. Flint has picks to burn on a couple. Brampton really needs two 19-20 yr old RW >6’ & 190lbs to fill out the top 9 forwards.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
These are stars in the league, what type of package could we possibly offer. Remember, we need to have people left to play with these guys

Reactions: beastintheeast

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Beast, the east should be very strong in 2025-26. Barrie, Brampton, Brantford are ideally suited for a run that season. Ottawa trading Pinelli this season could build around Marelli and Mews and ‘05s as OAs; and Niagara could be close, and NB already has 9 signed ‘06s with a back end that is pretty much set for two years.

Kingston will certainly have competition for OAs this season though. Flint has picks to burn on a couple. Brampton really needs two 19-20 yr old RW >6’ & 190lbs to fill out the top 9 forwards.
Ottawa will not be a power in 25 There are just too many holes.
My point is that Kingston will be in a better place to compete in 25-26 than they will this season

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
My point is that Kingston will be in a better place to compete in 25-26 than they will this season
Who does Kingston have that makes you think they're better off in 25-26 than 24-25? Kingston has no depth from the '06 year - all their depth is from '05s. Whether or not there will be more competition this year as opposed to next can't matter with how the team is constructed around '05s.

Reactions: dirty12

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
He’s not an import, but Trent Swick could be that forward with size. Rangers should be selling and he’d help upgrade the OA situation.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
These are stars in the league, what type of package could we possibly offer. Remember, we need to have people left to play with these guys
Weir could be a good guy to trade. It would inevitably backfire on us in the coming seasons but if you’re going all out around the billion 19 year olds we have this season you can’t just do a half assed job. I wish they’d go for it in 2025/2026 but realistically that won’t be happening as we will lose a lot of people for that season from graduation/ trades we have to make as we can only keep 3 OA’s. We will be one of if not the oldest teams in the league this coming season. As stupid as it would be to go for it that’s the makeup of the team and we don’t call the shots- cooper and Mann do.

He’s not an import, but Trent Swick could be that forward with size. Rangers should be selling and he’d help upgrade the OA situation.
From a team perspective I think a big LW who can fight and light up the other team would be equally as important as a 19 who can score at will. We don’t have any tough guys at all and we’re weak at LW. Swick would be a beast on the fronts. Not as effective on the score sheet as a Romani/Barlow or rehkopf but does his role really well and would be cheaper as an OA

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I’d like a top line of something like 1 Swick/Frasca or trade for a 1C/ Battaglia

if they get a 1C other than frasca move frasca down to line 2

2 Thibodeau/frasca/ Soto

3 McNamara/Hopkins/weir

4 Buttar/ one of the u18s or malholtra if he comes/cavallin

Defence I’d like them to pick up an OA rhd and draft a new rhd man to play top 4, sorry Chromiak but you’re a liability defensively.

Burns / McCoy

McGowan or velliaris / import

McGowan or Velliaris / williamson

Bye uens and Chromiak

Sztuska
Vaccari

Trades they need to make- Swick, McCoy, Sztuska. May have to trade Weir for Swick but I think they’d be fine if they got picks.

Also declare Maholtra defective and get that 1st rounder next year- trade him to some team like Guelph or London for lots of conditionals and watch him show up.

With the 3 OA’s you now have one in the forward group, defence and goaltending. So lots of experience.

Don’t know if Sztuska is a necessary move but it would definitely help to have lots of stability in net.

Also would have an extra import slot they would have open, could use it on a chance player in the second round or get someone who might show next year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Swick should pot 30+ goals this year I would think. Likely more with a play making centre. He spent most of the season playing on a line with C-Rehkopf who potted over 50 so it’s not like Rehkopf was looking to feed him the puck all game.

He’s very effective on the power-play and very effective on the PK with his wingspan. He hits hard and he’s not afraid to get his nose dirty.

As far as fighting goes, he can and will but isn’t running around looking for it all the time. And of course in today’s OHL, that’s all you should ask for.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

I don’t think Anthony Romani, Colby Barlow or Daylyn Wakely will be traded until the trade deadline. The cost for Romani would be Mason McTavish like return which would likely be one or two 2007 born players (depending on the players offered), likely three, 2nds, three 3rds and a 4th. Barlow would likely be a 2007 born player two, 2nds, two 3rds and a 4th or a 5th. Wakely would likely cost a player plus a 2nd and two, 3rds or in a draft pick only trade it would be a Logan Morrison like return which would likely be two, 2nds, two, 3rds and two, 4ths. If the Petes trade Liam Sztuska the cost likely would a 3rd and either a 4th or 5th. Kingston will likely not to be able to much more than these trades if they pursue them given their draft pick situation.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I’d like a top line of something like 1 Swick/Frasca or trade for a 1C/ Battaglia

if they get a 1C other than frasca move frasca down to line 2

2 Thibodeau/frasca/ Soto

3 McNamara/Hopkins/weir

4 Buttar/ one of the u18s or malholtra if he comes/cavallin

Defence I’d like them to pick up an OA rhd and draft a new rhd man to play top 4, sorry Chromiak but you’re a liability defensively.

Burns / McCoy

McGowan or velliaris / import

McGowan or Velliaris / williamson

Bye uens and Chromiak

Sztuska
Vaccari

Trades they need to make- Swick, McCoy, Sztuska. May have to trade Weir for Swick but I think they’d be fine if they got picks.

Also declare Maholtra defective and get that 1st rounder next year- trade him to some team like Guelph or London for lots of conditionals and watch him show up.

With the 3 OA’s you now have one in the forward group, defence and goaltending. So lots of experience.

Don’t know if Sztuska is a necessary move but it would definitely help to have lots of stability in net.

Also would have an extra import slot they would have open, could use it on a chance player in the second round or get someone who might show next year.
Could also be a two player package heading to Kingston from the Petes. Jonathan Melee and Zach Bowen or Liam Sztuska.

I also think Wakely would be a great fit for the Fronts (would be perfect for any team frankly lol), but adding him would be great

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I really doubt it. Push assets to be in a significantly better position in 2026-27 I can believe. But that’s kind of far away.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I don’t think Anthony Romani, Colby Barlow or Daylyn Wakely will be traded until the trade deadline. The cost for Romani would be Mason McTavish like return which would likely be one or two 2007 born players (depending on the players offered), likely three, 2nds, three 3rds and a 4th. Barlow would likely be a 2007 born player two, 2nds, two 3rds and a 4th or a 5th. Wakely would likely cost a player plus a 2nd and two, 3rds or in a draft pick only trade it would be a Logan Morrison like return which would likely be two, 2nds, two, 3rds and two, 4ths. If the Petes trade Liam Sztuska the cost likely would a 3rd and either a 4th or 5th. Kingston will likely not to be able to much more than these trades if they pursue them given their draft pick situation.
Romani and Barlow for sure won’t be until around December/ January and if the fronts don’t get malholtra to commit I’m not sure they would get the deal done without atleast 1 of Hopkins and/or weir.

Wakely won’t go for as much I don’t think- an OA and not as skilled as either of those guys let alone a Rehkopf.

I think if they trade malholtra to London or Guelph he will commit there and they can get a lot of these picks from that.

Also I think they’ll trade atleast one of their 05s a year early as if they don’t- next year they’re going to have 7 going into 2025/2026 assuming burns and Miedema make the ahl at 20, Chromiak isn’t back as an OA and import lol that year, and uens and cavallin are still in the league

I really doubt it. Push assets to be in a significantly better position in 2026-27 I can believe. But that’s kind of far away.
I wouldn’t mind them going for the Mem cup bid again in 2026/2027 lol. Kitchener is already going for it but wouldn’t make much sense right now as they’re gonna have 2 pretty competitive years and probably fall off a cliff for 2026/2027

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad