Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston and Oshawa are pretty much equal for picks.
I would be more concerned with Brantford. Brantford is a bit more unpredictable because they could go bananas with the crazy amount of picks they possess a few days before the deadline.
I like how Kingston is positioned, all-in followed by a draft with two first round picks.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston and Oshawa are pretty much equal for picks.
I would be more concerned with Brantford. Brantford is a bit more unpredictable because they could go bananas with the crazy amount of picks they possess a few days before the deadline.
I like how Kingston is positioned, all-in followed by a draft with two first round picks.
Kingston will still be a good team regardless in one of the deepest years in the east in a while

However I worry about Brampton and Brantford in particular because of their record in past years against them and their draft pick situation

Also oshawa as they’re going to have all this experience that will help in the reg season but obviously more so in the playoffs for next years run for them. May not win it all next year but will be a damn good team.

Me personally I want them to have a building block year again, try for second or third round, make a few trades for some OA’s, maybe trade a few 05’s away to help clear up space for the year after and then in 2025/2026 when it’s a weaker east except for prob the Pete’s and Niagara by then the fronts should go for it around frasca, battaglia and company.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston will still be a good team regardless in one of the deepest years in the east in a while

However I worry about Brampton and Brantford in particular because of their record in past years against them and their draft pick situation

Also oshawa as they’re going to have all this experience that will help in the reg season but obviously more so in the playoffs for next years run for them. May not win it all next year but will be a damn good team.

Me personally I want them to have a building block year again, try for second or third round, make a few trades for some OA’s, maybe trade a few 05’s away to help clear up space for the year after and then in 2025/2026 when it’s a weaker east except for prob the Pete’s and Niagara by then the fronts should go for it around frasca, battaglia and company.

The eastern conference, at least the central division and Brantford should be absolutely loaded in 2025-26.
The east could be strong next season if Brantford and one of Barrie or Brampton add significantly. But those teams will start as a bit deeper version of this years Gens with more picks.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Battaglia Frasca Thibodeau
Midema Hopkins Soto
Shewfelt McNamara Heyes
Buttar Goble

Burns Williamson
MCGowan Chromiak
Vellaris Uens
Moore

Vaccari
Betts Salajko

I don't know if this team has the power. Yes, it has the top 5 players. The challenge on forward is what they have below that.

Also the defence has a few holes that need to either be filled or players to step up.

The question mark is Chromiak, do they or don't they?

I think this team has to play hard, see where they are near Christmas, and then make a decision. Thibodeau should bring a good trade.

Oshawa losses Calum lockhart
Barrie has almost everyone back
Brantford is going to be hot
Brampton has the best goaltending and returing
Niagara could be a dark horse
I think Kingston will be at best a 4th place team

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston as a contender the way I see it would look a lot different. Kingston would add at least one new import and 2-3 new OAs with playoff experience to start the season.

Frasca-Wakely-Battaglia
Medeima-Hopkins-Soto
Import-McNamara-Thibodeau
Buttar, Weir, …

OA-McGowan
Burns-Uens
Vellaris-Inport/Chromiak, …

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5