KHL Season 2022-23

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Case in point to what we have been talking about - Vityaz signs Jeremy Roy from the Slovak league. Like I said before, NA players or not, those who will be willing and available to sign will include many, many guys who understand they wouldn't get an opportunity to play in this kind of league otherwise.

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
Kazan probably have the best roster in the KHL right now. Dinamo is in shambles and SKA need to rebuild. Interesting to see what will happen with guys like Gusev, Kuzmenko, Knight, Galiev, Leipsic, etc.. and also the ones that can return to the KHL like Kostin or Maltsev.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Curious about the goaltending for Yaroslavl. Does Daniil Isayev become a full-time goalie or does he just get occasional starts behind Bocharov?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Bis News Everyone

KHL is splitting into KHL A and KHL B: Read here

FHR proposes to divide the teams into two conferences. The first will be played by 12 teams that took the first 12 places at the end of the 2021/22 season: CSKA, Metallurg, Traktor, SKA, Salavat Yulaev, Dynamo M, Avangard, Spartak, Ak Bars ”, Severstal, Lokomotiv and Dynamo Mn. 10 teams will play in the second conference: Sibir, Neftekhimik, Torpedo, Barys, Avtomobilist, Amur, Vityaz, Sochi, Admiral and Kunlun. The proposed name of the conferences is the Yurzinov Conference and the Yakushev Conference.

• Haha
Reactions: Omark

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Bis News Everyone

KHL is splitting into KHL A and KHL B: Read here

FHR proposes to divide the teams into two conferences. The first will be played by 12 teams that took the first 12 places at the end of the 2021/22 season: CSKA, Metallurg, Traktor, SKA, Salavat Yulaev, Dynamo M, Avangard, Spartak, Ak Bars ”, Severstal, Lokomotiv and Dynamo Mn. 10 teams will play in the second conference: Sibir, Neftekhimik, Torpedo, Barys, Avtomobilist, Amur, Vityaz, Sochi, Admiral and Kunlun. The proposed name of the conferences is the Yurzinov Conference and the Yakushev Conference.

As I already mentioned in the other thread, there is a bit of a logical distance from "proposes" to "is splitting", while both are there in your post.

Meanwhile the situation with Finnish players in Avtomobilist resolved in the most boring yet the most expected way: by reaching an agreement to terminate the contracts.

Reactions: Rigafan

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
May have missed this in other posts but curious about the status of Barys and to a lesser extent Minsk given the current political climate?

Will they be able to fill rosters?

Also, with respect to Barys was wondering about the talent level of leading scorer Nikita Mikhailis and the potential of him playing in North America.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
May have missed this in other posts but curious about the status of Barys and to a lesser extent Minsk given the current political climate?

Will they be able to fill rosters?

Also, with respect to Barys was wondering about the talent level of leading scorer Nikita Mikhailis and the potential of him playing in North America.

Barys have a new logo

1655724177674570635.jpg

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
As we all know, because of the situation in Ukraine many non-russians will not play in KHL. This will make the league weaker. But is it still best in Europe? I would say yes.

1: KHL
2: NLA
3: Liiga
4: DEL
5: Czech league
6: Slovak league
7: SHL
8: EBEL

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Why did Ak Bars ruin their logo with that updated monstrosity? And Kunlun are still in the league? They have 1 player signed so far... Where will Kunlun play this season?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Why did Ak Bars ruin their logo with that updated monstrosity?

It's bad, but let's not forget this beauty is the one they replaced:
608.png

And Kunlun are still in the league? They have 1 player signed so far... Where will Kunlun play this season?

I wouldn't be surprised if grift suddenly became a problem now that the team's no longer a top-level issue in China. It's not only a zombie team but also a skeleton one.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I personally don't care about Finns and their contracts. I bet you'll hardly see any Finnish player in the KHL anymore. Finnish fans are happy, but it won't be them who lose chances to earn big money. Anyway, the players've made up their minds and they pay for this.

There are a lot of NA players to hire. They won't refuse to come and mostly just don't give a f*** for politics. You pay them, they play. There are a lot of skillful NA players in the AHL, who just aren't suitable for the NHL pace or physicality but going to be ok in the KHL, and they won't ask for the sky. At least at the start.

But I personally don't care even about them. The thing I care the most this season about is SKA letting kids play. I hope for Chibrikov - Svechkov - Michkov line. I think kids are ready to play for the big team. And without any international tournaments this season it's gonna be a good chance for them to make some noise in the league.
when Svechkov come to America?

Mawwerg

Nov 7, 2017
Impressive comeback for Severstal in Magnitogorsk. Scored first one 5 on 4, then with 8.30 left they pulled their goalie and scored 6 on 4, at the end of the third they pulled the goalie again and scored 6 on 5 and finally in overtime they pulled the goalie once again and scored 4 on 3.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Players beginning to run out of top foreign brand sticks:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Players beginning to run out of top foreign brand sticks:

Zaripov started his stick producing business in 2016. He's being using his sticks in the KHL since then. Some players used his sticks too even before all this shit started. It's just there will be more of them now.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Larionov's Torpedo plays Soviet style hockey. One of the youngest and poorest KHL teams destroyed two teams in the row. First 6-1 vs Amur and then 7-3 vs Avtomobilist.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Zaripov started his stick producing business in 2016. He's being using his sticks in the KHL since then. Some players used his sticks too even before all this shit started. It's just there will be more of them now.
Also should be mentioned that while Bauer has left the Russian market and CCM kind of didn't officially, but also are having issues with deliveries, still there are foreign companies like Sherwood or True who are apparently staying. So the main issue is not with the stick availability as such, but with the players, who are used to some exact stick model they use for years and now will have to readjust.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad