The season is saved!

Turns into this....

HTDLN5Q.gif

Last edited:

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
I don't mind this, he might actually play with some desire since this is probably his last shot at the NHL.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
I remember when some people thought he could be the next Nichushkin. Too bad he's slow and has bad hands.
His skating aint too bad, his speed was alright even when everything else in his game went down the toilet because of hip problems. If the operation has removed the stiffness from his midsection, he might be a very pleasant surprise.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I think this is a good no risk move.

I suspect Dubas reached out to a bunch of UFA to discuss them coming in for a tryout. Pullijarvi (don’t correct me) said yeah.

Aside from firing coaching, Dubas doesn’t sit still which is good in a GM.

Reactions: Trade and Giskard

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If I'm not mistaken he can't actually play in games unless he signs an NHL contract.

So I guess they're going to use him in practices first to make sure he looks healthy and then sign him. Wonder how long the evaluation period will be.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
If I'm not mistaken he can't actually play in games unless he signs an NHL contract.

So I guess they're going to use him in practices first to make sure he looks healthy and then sign him. Wonder how long the evaluation period will be.
My guess is 2 days.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

He can only practice and participate in other team activities, but not play in games.
How long is an in season pto? Can't find it anywhere.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

PULJUJARVI JOINS AS TRYOUT

Jesse Puljujarvi, the talented but seemingly perpetual project in Edmonton and then Raleigh, has joined the Penguins on a 10-day tryout during which he can do everything with the team except play games. To do the latter, he'd obviously need to be signed to an NHL contract.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I remember when some people thought he could be the next Nichushkin. Too bad he's slow and has bad hands.
Let me preface this by saying I think Poolparty probably just sucks and I'm not expecting anything to come from this, but....

Nuke scored ZERO goals in 57(!) games his last year in Dallas. Even his first few years in Colorado weren't a sign of things to come for him. Nuke's first big year was when he was 26. Poolparty is 25 now. Granted Nuke didn't have hip surgeries, but you never know.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A responsible, objective Pittsburgh sports journalist:

"Hi Jesse, welcome. Have you, uh, been skating and working out and conditioning between now and your last game?"

Smart people would want to know the answer to this.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Let me preface this by saying I think Poolparty probably just sucks and I'm not expecting anything to come from this, but....

Nuke scored ZERO goals in 57(!) games his last year in Dallas. Even his first few years in Colorado weren't a sign of things to come for him. Nuke's first big year was when he was 26. Poolparty is 25 now. Granted Nuke didn't have hip surgeries, but you never know.
A lot of people here said Nuke was done, then he randomly became good. Sometimes all it takes is a new environment and 25 is plenty young enough. I’m just not sure Pittsburgh is any kind of positive new environment at the moment.

Reactions: Jacob

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A responsible, objective Pittsburgh sports journalist:

"Hi Jesse, welcome. Have you, uh, been skating and working out and conditioning between now and your last game?"

Smart people would want to know the answer to this.
Pittsburgh media:

"Are you the F3?"

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pittsburgh media:

"Are you the F3?"
"What kind of "game" would you say you play and how do you think that will benefit the team?"

The only thing kind of fun about this is, if you told 2016 SEALBound about this headline, he would have been ten tons of stoked. I was REALLY high on Laine and Puljujarvi in 2016 during their draft year. I gushed at their performances in the WJC and thought they would both be big-time NHL players.

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
He's free, so whatever. I don't know that he's any different than the bottom-6 guys we have now; can't score, doesn't really hit. Just kinda exists. Pretty good defensively iirc though, so I guess that's decent.

Probably gonna be released in like two weeks. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad