Confirmed with Link: Jesse Puljujarvi 2 years 800k

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
2 years is fine if they think he can actually play. Why not? If he does well 800k is a steal. If not, no loss.
he made $3m last season. So $800k AAV is peanuts for 1.5 seasons. It also gives him more security which he needs because his self-confidence hasn't been the best.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe Pens can trade Nieto at the deadline for a 4th line center so Acciari can shift to wing...

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Smith Malkin Rakell
Poulin Eller Puljujarvi
O'Connor TRADE Acciari
Carter
The 4C this team should have is being used as a 3C.

Bless your hearts for the hope you still have left under this coach.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This. Second year is actually good for the Pens. If he plays decent in a middle/bottom 6 role, we have him next year for cheap. Otherwise he gets buried in the AHL with no cap hit. No risk on this.
The only reason and mate let me emphasize this, THE ONLY REASON, I don’t like Puljujaarvi is the fact that it f***s over Puustinen who has shown he belongs in the NHL even while Sullivan ignorantly tried to use him to justify in his mind that he doesn’t belong all the while every f***ing metric proved he’s wrong.

Nothing against Puljujaarvi, 100% against seeing outside signings get the opportunity a young player the team has drafted and developed that was showing he belonged, but is now getting shafted anyway. That just does not sit well with me at all. I’m happy for Jesse that his hip surgery has held up and he’s fine (same for Monahan, Patrick Kane can go f*** himself though for being a pos). But at the expense of Puustinen? I’m pissed off.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like it, but you just know he's going to pushing Big Puss out of the lineup and not Harkins.
Which is literally what happened. Puustinen sent down, Colin White remained on the roster and same for Jansen Harkins, Puljujaarvi, once his contract clears, is likely the call up right away. Imagine grinding through a major surgery, getting confidence in the AHL only for it to be entirely destroyed by Sullivan in the NHL, lol.

Now of course, in Sullivan’s mind, Jesse might be a veteran of 300+ NHL games and get the shot Puustinen deserved just based on that, which is 100% Sullivan.

Jesse isn’t even a bad player, he’s a strong 200ft player that creates offense fairly well for his linemates, isn’t much of a scorer really but he’s a smart player and could help Geno, but then again Puustinen could have as well (and did before Sullivan decided enough was enough at being productive). Jesse would be a good fit on Malkin’s RW, but then again, Rakell is producing well so Eller might benefit him more and I think Puljujaarvi is a better fit than Puustinen is on the 3rd line as Puustinen is a player that should be on the 2nd line. But again, Rakell is producing at the rate he should be (well a little higher than he normally does with 14pts in 17 games since being back).

If anything, I would love to see Poulin called up at least (demote Harkins, keep White up for 4th line RW) and Gruden, then see something like this:

Who gives a f***
Poulin, Malkin, Rakell
O’Connor, Eller, Puljujaarvi
Acciari, Gruden, White
Carter

At the TDL, I hope Allvin trades for Puustinen.

Reactions: Rakell67

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Why is Jesse not playing?
Mike Sullivan reflects on lost season, backing Penguins' stars and vowing  to improve | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"Not Boston, or American enough".

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Poolparty will get his best looks now with both Rust and Guentzel out. I'm rooting for the guy but I'm also not the most optimistic.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Sully craps on every GM's decision making. He's not worth any analysis, cheap insults from here on out for Coach Meathead

Take out his 1st 18 months as HC, where JR caught lightning in the bottle with the roster, the guy has been an abject failure.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He stinks and is a 4th line level player which we have plenty of. With Puustinen playing well, he'll be finding himself in the press box more unless there are injuries (like there are now).
Sure but why did we sign him? It’s one of those nothing signings but man, we sign and claim so much trash that we absolutely do not have to.

We take on so many long shot reclamations that we do not need to do so, it is amazing.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sure but why did we sign him? It’s one of those nothing signings but man, we sign and claim so much trash that we absolutely do not have to.

We take on so many long shot reclamations that we do not need to do so, it is amazing.
You're asking the wrong guy. I didn't care too much because I figured he'd be another Nylander - spend most time in WBS, come to PIT when injuries occur and play on the 4th line.

But yeah, we have a lot of garbage that I would like to see in WBS or claimed - Harkins and Phillips mostly. Would much rather have Zohorna, Hinostraza, or even Gruden up here.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
He stinks and is a 4th line level player which we have plenty of. With Puustinen playing well, he'll be finding himself in the press box more unless there are injuries (like there are now).

You're partially right that he's earned 4th line duties, but he could easily replace JC on that line

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What this team needs is another 4 Craig Adamses

Like I get signing Pool Party as a Hail Mary long shot, but if he’s not good send him down and promote literally whoever from WB/S.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad