GDT: Islanders @ Devils - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Question for locals. Can you typically get away with brown bagging it on the path train if you're not obnoxious while doing it or are they pretty strict about enforcing the no beverage rule? I feel like I crushed a couple tall boys the last time I took the train to get to a game but that was a long time ago.

Hell yeah, downing a few chilly ones before a nice sunny day in mid-April. That's what life is all about

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Hell yeah, downing a few chilly ones before a nice sunny day in mid-April. That's what life is all about
The last time I took the PATH train to a game was game 5 of the 2012 finals. Absolutely perfect day but I was staying with family in CT and got so buckled before, during, and after the game that I transferred onto the wrong train on the way back, took an unscheduled detour into Hoboken and missed the last train out of Grand Central by like 2 hours. I was a much bigger drinker back then. 😂

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Well, I’m here. Now what?
IMG_6824.gif

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
what a depressing season. just when i thought we would be getting spring time warm late night starts for playoff hockey. gotta say this is def more disappointing then missing the playoffs in 96. now granted i was only a teenager then so my feelings are skewed but damn

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last game for Green and probably a handful of skaters…. Me thinks
Hopefully this happens tonight.
IMG_3514.gif

Not just for Green but for Rogalski as well. Instead of some bullshit Green post game press conference I’d love if Fitz walked into the press conference and cut Green off mid-sentence and screamed this at him live on air, while Novo audibly giggles.

I’m so ready for Green to walk the plank. Bless the Vancouverites who had to suffer through 4+ years of this. It was enough for us having to suffer through just one year.

Reactions: JK3

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Travis Green after tonight’s game

IMG_3515.gif
IMG_3516.gif
IMG_3517.gif

I was gonna post all these of I did the GDT, so I’m getting it all out of my system.

Reactions: JK3

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
8-11-1

You were pretty spot on lol

Which is inline with 8-15-1 in his last 25 stint with Vancouver
It can still be 9-11-1 or 8-11-2 with a win or OT/shootout loss tonight lol.

I think we were 2 or 3 games into Green when I said 7-13-1. I didn't say it as soon as he was named interim I don't think. I think we had won the St. Louis game and that was it until after I made the 7-13-1 prediction.

And even then I thought this team probably had enough talent, especially with goaltending upgrades to not go 7-13-1 under Green, so maybe I was underestimating things? We came close enough.

And the Canucks had an above league average save percentage at the time he was fired in 2021. That kind of a record usually comes with .875%-.880% goaltending (or even worse) if that tells you how bad the Canucks actually were under him that year.

The team legitimately turned around under Boudreau, even though they regressed again the next season.

I honestly can't remember if we had already gotten the two new goalies at the time I said 7-13-1 or not. We got them about 2 or 3 games into Green, but I don't think either played until game 4 with Kahkonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad