GDT: In Europe, won't watch

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I was gonna say every nation and continent is dysfunctional in its own way. Also there are a lot of Nations in Europe and some of them are f***ed up.

Like I have actually looked into moving to Cyprus but the constant fighting between the Greeks and Turks is a major turn off.

Also I couldn't get anyone in my family to agree to move with me, but still the fighting is a thing.
My favorite controversial opinion is that Russia ain’t Europe, because

1) neutral take - for better or worse Russians see themselves as different from Europeans to similar extent that Brits consider themselves different from the so-called continental Europe, while being such a huge landmass

2) biased take - Europe is not a real continent. Tectonic plate is Eurasia. Europe is therefore a cultural concept. And Russia doesn’t fit the bill.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Um. "For _ heavy _ metal _ we _ would _ die!"?
gif.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
My favorite controversial opinion is that Russia ain’t Europe, because

1) neutral take - for better or worse Russians see themselves as different from Europeans to similar extent that Brits consider themselves different from the so-called continental Europe, while being such a huge landmass

2) biased take - Europe is not a real continent. Tectonic plate is Eurasia. Europe is therefore a cultural concept. And Russia doesn’t fit the bill.
Technical take - only like 20-25% of Russian land is "in" Europe

Reactions: cptjeff

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
. . .
Like I have actually looked into moving to Cyprus but the constant fighting between the Greeks and Turks is a major turn off.

Also I couldn't get anyone in my family to agree to move with me, but still the fighting is a thing.

Other than that, how was the play Mr. President? :laugh:
It's ran by strange women laying in ponds disturbing swords.

"Strange women laying in ponds disturbing swords" has a slightly strange sexual connotation to me. :naughty:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
But does Scotty know about the strange women laying in ponds disturbing swords?
You know the answer to that one.

Work day about to end at ~half an hour, so I'm off to sauna.

Reactions: geehaad

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
9 Derailed points. These are for saying this thread is closed to non Eurpoeans, and not enforcing it. Actually bringing in the band Europe, and some solid Geo-political cross talk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad