If Boston loses to Florida, SHOULD they blow it up?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins fans, what's the word on that Lysell guy? I see his stats in the AHL were pretty decent this year.

He took a step forward in his development this year. He got publicly called out by the coach earlier in the season for not playing more of a team game and after that, Lysell's game took off. Unfortunately, he got hurt when it looked like he was a viable candidate for getting a callup and then got hurt again in the AHL playoffs on a play that could have been a suspension. IMO, he has the highest ceiling of the Bruins prospects but his injury history is a growing concern. Kid is very talented and has elite level speed.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They should fire Maurice if they lose this round. He isn't any good. at least not anymore. That's maybe one of two bad moves Zito has made, other than a first for Chiarot.

He's gonna cost them at least one cup IMO. Unless they win it this year.

One of the least talked about storylines of this year's playoffs is Bob hasn't been very good. He hasn't been bad, but he's certainly been mediocre. He's playing to about expected. Swayman is playing way better than expected (behind a worse team than Bob's) and even Vasilevskiy played better than expected despite the Panthers being infinitely more dominant that round and Vasilevskiy's team going out in 5.

They need him to pick it up, especially with the Rangers (probably) on tap next round. The Rangers aren't as bad as this year's Tampa or Boston, and they still have the goalie that can win them that round. Carolina absolutely does not, unless they try the Kochetkov thing again and with them being on the brink it looks like they'll be elminated before they can go to the Kochetkov well again.

I think the fact that they're not the greatest of finishing team can be attributed to Maurice. I wonder if they just missed the playoffs last year if he's still the head coach there right now?

If they don't finish Boston in game 6 I can totally see them blowing game 7 and losing they series. And that's a shame because they're a better team than that. The Rangers will sweep (maybe 5) the Bruins in that case.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
They should fire Maurice if they lose this round. He isn't any good. at least not anymore. That's maybe one of two bad moves Zito has made, other than a first for Chiarot.

He's gonna cost them at least one cup IMO. Unless they win it this year.

One of the least talked about storylines of this year's playoffs is Bob hasn't been very good. He hasn't been bad, but he's certainly been mediocre. He's playing to about expected. Swayman is playing way better than expected (behind a worse team than Bob's) and even Vasilevskiy played better than expected despite the Panthers being infinitely more dominant that round and Vasilevskiy's team going out in 5.

They need him to pick it up, especially with the Rangers (probably) on tap next round. The Rangers aren't as bad as this year's Tampa or Boston, and they still have the goalie that can win them that round. Carolina absolutely does not, unless they try the Kochetkov thing again and with them being on the brink it looks like they'll be elminated before they can go to the Kochetkov well again.

I think the fact that they're not the greatest of finishing team can be attributed to Maurice. I wonder if they just missed the playoffs last year if he's still the head coach there right now?

If they don't finish Boston in game 6 I can totally see them blowing game 7 and losing they series. And that's a shame because they're a better team than that. The Rangers will sweep (maybe 5) the Bruins in that case.
Worry about the Ranger moving on before you have them beating the Bruins in 5 lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Worry about the Ranger moving on before you have them beating the Bruins in 5 lol
You really think Carolina is reverse sweeping?

Especially after that horrible goal Andersen let in yet again literally a minute ago?

Reverse sweeps have happened 4 times? I don't think Carolina's doing it. The best I can see is they get to game 7 and blow it.

Boston has a much better chance of winning their series because Florida looks vulnerable and Bob just hasn't been nearly as good as Swayman. They were also never down 3 games to 0 either.

This is reminding me of the reverse of last year's series between the two teams.

But back to the Rangers - I would LOVE Carolina to reverse sweep them, as a Devils fan. I just don't think it's happening. I hope I'm wrong.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Bruins have a 1A goalie, a Franchise Winger and a top five dman, there is literally no reason to blow it up. Its a bridge year, have money to spend to sign swayman and upgrade the forward group. lots of good FA options and the D is set for next year and signed. Trade Ullmark for picks or a young player and you are cooking. Add in Poitras and Lohrei as two rookies who took big steps this year, dont expect Boston to fall off a cliff.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bostons defects are not hard to diagnose.

They just need offensive centermen. Unlikely it gets blown up.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Try to get the ageless wonder Pavelski as a UFA, get Bergeron out of retirement for 1 more year with Marchand's deal to expire soon for a last run. Keep young guys like Lohrei, Swayman, Frederick, Beecher, McAvoy. This team still has a chance to contend for another year.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well played.

In all seriousness, I’d love Ulmark on our team, but it seems like 20 or so teams need better goaltending so I imagine he will be Boston’s big chip in attempting a retool.

Not sure we have the right package. Tkachuk is Ottawa’s Captain and best overall player so it would be a stiff price.

Not to mention, you have to think Boston would be looking for a C.

Try to get the ageless wonder Pavelski as a UFA, get Bergeron out of retirement for 1 more year with Marchand's deal to expire soon for a last run. Keep young guys like Lohrei, Swayman, Frederick, Beecher, McAvoy. This team still has a chance to contend for another year.

Lohrei really impressed.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's how you become the Thornton/Marleau-led San Jose Sharks. One of the best teams in the regular seasons but always choke in the playoffs.

If your "core" players continually don't give you Cup winning caliber perfomances, you need to chuck them and start over.
Except Boston core players gave them a cup , stayed and tried for more. Then retired.
They will keep Pasta, Marchand will lead couple more years. They will add with the 23 mill in cap space they will have. Trade Ulmark for a decent return and come back and compete and retool on the fly. Will be to mp 3 on the Atlantic again and a hard out in the play offs.
Play off team Cores that haven't "delivered a cup"
Oilers
Canes
Rangers
Stars
Panthers
Leafs
Kings
Jets
Preds
Should they all blow it up?
Nah.
The Cup is gonna get past around to probably 8 teams in next ten years. Nobody is a powerhouse and lots are close to going on that run once and winning one.

Last edited:

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Bergeron is done, he looked like he's been enjoying retirement on camera waving the flag at a B's home playoff game (cough.....cough.....noticeably heavier but not unhealthy) and I wish him nothing but the best, a true warrior captain, best of the best.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The thing about both Pastrnak and McAvoy is that they are core players but they are complementary. You really need a player of greater magnitude up ahead of them for the Bruins to be anything but an also-ran team.

That's not even getting into their weak depth.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The thing about both Pastrnak and McAvoy is that they are core players but they are complementary. You really need a player of greater magnitude up ahead of them for the Bruins to be anything but an also-ran team.

I get what you're getting at, it's just their lack of an elite center with those guys. You can't win with just two elite wingers on the forward side of the puck in today's hockey. The most recent team to do such was the Hawks with Kane/Hossa/Sharp and those guys in Chicago but they had Jonathan Toews, the Bruins don't have anything close to him at center.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bruins getting trashed by some for what....over acheving?
We've watched supposed better line up goin out on the first round for years. And get let off the hook.
Bruins have the culture and team game going thst most of the leagues fans wish theie team had.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

So they just lack a few guys better than their best and a bunch of depth guys too. K

There is nothing to blow up really. The biggest change will come when Marchand retires. That's when the team identity blows up and they will need to redefine who they are. He's the last guy really carrying the torch of their culture as a club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad