TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Why is there a Green trailer? Are there people who actually unironically support the Greens? Ser Criston, Otto, Aemond, Aegon not to mention the self-righteous Alicent all always one-upping each other in how much of insufferable jerks they are.
Right. I didn’t know it was seriously a choice for some. The greens are the clear villains here. Unless you’re oblivious to their wrong doings or overly and irrationally sympathetic to them.
I always found it hard to believe that anyone was on team Lannister during Game of Thrones but at least they had Tyrion.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I always found it hard to believe that anyone was on team Lannister during Game of Thrones but at least they had Tyrion.
They also had Jaime, who was on a redemption arc, at least until the last few episodes. You might also count The Hound. Those three were, eventually, three of the most sympathetic characters on the show, even though (or because) they were associated with the most evil house. I found myself more invested in their character arcs and wanting them to have positive resolutions than I was in the fates of even Jon and Daenerys.

Reactions: Jovavic

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Why is there a Green trailer? Are there people who actually unironically support the Greens? Ser Criston, Otto, Aemond, Aegon not to mention the self-righteous Alicent all always one-upping each other in how much of insufferable jerks they are.

Maybe they think it will be the end of the Targ line

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They also had Jaime, who was on a redemption arc, at least until the last few episodes. You might also count The Hound. Those three were, eventually, three of the most sympathetic characters on the show, even though (or because) they were associated with the most evil house. I found myself more invested in their character arcs and wanting them to have positive resolutions than I was in the fates of even Jon and Daenerys.
I did like Jaime eventually but by the time he started that redemption arc I already despised the Lannisters and he was one of the main reasons for that. I don't count The Hound as a Lannister myself, even the few seasons that he worked for them he still hated them and was more sympathetic towards Sansa. Then his storyline with Arya made me view him as more on Team Stark if any team. They definitely were three of the most sympathetic characters on the show though.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Have you read the book?

If not, I'll guess you'll just have to wait and watch future decisions unfold.

I have, Greens are still overall worse. Also remember that in universe the book is written by maesters and Westerosi insiders and 2 of the 3 sources are clearly biased against Rhaenyra and were pro-Hightower.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Otto Hightower is a manipulative punk who only cares about his family's ascendancy. He used his teenage daughter to manipulate the King into giving his family ultimate power. Can't be on that side.

We know the fates for most of these characters anyway. Looking forward to the chaos and cool dragon fights. Still don't think this show comes close to the original series but as far as spinoffs go it's well done and entertaining.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I have, Greens are still overall worse. Also remember that in universe the book is written by maesters and Westerosi insiders and 2 of the 3 sources are clearly biased against Rhaenyra and were pro-Hightower.
Both sides are horrid, squashing the small-folk and draining them for every penny they have.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Spoiled in the sense that he says what's in the history book but the show has shown that account in the history book isn't entirely accurate, and as far as I know, the show is about what actually happened and not just a retelling of the history book.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Spoiled in the sense that he says what's in the history book but the show has shown that account in the history book isn't entirely accurate, and as far as I know, the show is about what actually happened and not just a retelling of the history book.
That episode was also over 10 years ago. I can't remember anything that Joffrey said about the Targaryen history and I'm sure many others are the same.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I wouldn't say I was team Lannister but I still believe the best written and acted character in that entire series was Charles Dance as Tywin

He was an absolute prick but when he was on screen he was a must watch and even though he was an evil bugger you could always understand his motivations and reasoning

Some of that may have been because he was killed off before the series took a nosedive in quality but he definitely made the Lannister arc worth watching

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I wouldn't say I was team Lannister but I still believe the best written and acted character in that entire series was Charles Dance as Tywin

He was an absolute prick but when he was on screen he was a must watch and even though he was an evil bugger you could always understand his motivations and reasoning

Some of that may have been because he was killed off before the series took a nosedive in quality but he definitely made the Lannister arc worth watching
The Lannisters definitely benefited from having great acting. They're the house everybody loved to hate.
Props to Dance, Dinklage, Headey, Coster-Waldau, and that little shit who played Joffrey.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Tywin is my favorite character for sure. He was cruel and calculated, naive to Jaime and Cersei, but he understood the Game arguably the best of any character. Narrative-wise it's no coincidence that when he was killed and Cersei was left in charge things were disastrous in King's Landing.

Reactions: Kiwi

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Tywin is my favorite character for sure. He was cruel and calculated, naive to Jaime and Cersei, but he understood the Game arguably the best of any character. Narrative-wise it's no coincidence that when he was killed and Cersei was left in charge things were disastrous in King's Landing.
That reminds me of the Lombardi era. He was hard and calculated, but understood the game arguably better than any GM. It's no coincidence that when he was sacked and Blake was left in charge, things were disastrous in Kings Land.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

fc83b453d8b17acc3bad701a805b7350.gif

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
We finished our S1 rewatch. Paddy Considine deserved all the awards. Damn this is a good show. Don't mess it up!
Just rewatched the 1st ep, man i forgot how good the show was done. Cant wait to finish it up again before the new season starts.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Well, I realize now that I worded the latter half strangely and inaccurately. I meant that people care more about the accuracy of TV shows than they do of real information.
I knew what you meant and you're likely right. Just seemed kind of random though. Has anyone in this thread even complained about the show not being accurate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad