Post-Game Talk: Horrifying Act of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Vesey is good at everything except for being one of the worst passers I've ever seen out of regulars at this level.

Even though he's a good defender, that gets him in trouble when the rink gets smaller. He sucked against the Devils last year too.
If he's 100%, Chytil needs to be in the lineup against the Canes. He's our sixth best forward.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm more confident about facing Carolina than I should be. They present a host of issues that Washington just couldn't muster up but its like the Leafs beating the Bruins in the playoffs, I'll believe that they'll get through an entire run with out forgetting how to score goals when they actually do it and Andersen is a f***ing wildcard in the post season. Plus this iteration of them is incredibly soft. If theres a team that can be bullied in the playoffs, its them. Washington while bad, is pretty beefy. Rangers did a good job playing through them in this series until yesterday. That needs to continue no matter who they play next but especially if they play Carolina.

They gotta get through the Isles first. If they lose tomorrow, that shit is going to go 7 where they still may win but oh man, it'd be hilarious to watch them get reverse swept and then watch Isles fans walk into the Rangers series with a ton of bravado, only to have them and everyone else whine that the Rangers got to play 2 teams with negative goal differentials in the 1st 2 rounds after they get bounced in 5.

DZ puck management is my biggiest worry moving forward as it was an issue in this series and has been all season long.

#2? #55.

Running the risk of getting scolded by the Lindgren apologists-

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 11.30.57 AM.png

I have issues with NST's tracking but they aren't THAT off. Can't play the "Fox plays with x y z and they compile chances when they're trailing" card either, Rangers trailed for 3 minutes in this series.

We're already hiding Trouba on the bottom pair so there isn't a spot for him there. This is a player who needs to come out of the lineup and won't unless he gets hurt.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If he's 100%, Chytil needs to be in the lineup against the Canes. He's our sixth best forward.

Bottom line this is truth. He needs to be in. I don’t know what you do. Is it rempe?. He’s playing 5 mins. I get him being in there with a Wilson running around but the canes don’t play that game. We need a possession skating and frankly another shooter scorer at 5v5 which has been our weakness all year. Fil fixes a lot of that. If you need to keep Rempe in and maybe you do than vesey frankly should come out

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
anyone know what is the earliest the next round could start?

If the other teams that are up in their series can each close out in 5 games, then it looks like May 3 or 4. Assuming the league doesn't start Round 2 until all of Round 1 is done.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I'm more confident about facing Carolina than I should be. They present a host of issues that Washington just couldn't muster up but its like the Leafs beating the Bruins in the playoffs, I'll believe that they'll get through an entire run with out forgetting how to score goals when they actually do it and Andersen is a f***ing wildcard in the post season. Plus this iteration of them is incredibly soft. If theres a team that can be bullied in the playoffs, its them. Washington while bad, is pretty beefy. Rangers did a good job playing through them in this series until yesterday. That needs to continue no matter who they play next but especially if they play Carolina.

They gotta get through the Isles first. If they lose tomorrow, that shit is going to go 7 where they still may win but oh man, it'd be hilarious to watch them get reverse swept and then watch Isles fans walk into the Rangers series with a ton of bravado, only to have them and everyone else whine that the Rangers got to play 2 teams with negative goal differentials in the 1st 2 rounds after they get bounced in 5.

DZ puck management is my biggiest worry moving forward as it was an issue in this series and has been all season long.

#2? #55.

Running the risk of getting scolded by the Lindgren apologists-

View attachment 861732

I have issues with NST's tracking but they aren't THAT off. Can't play the "Fox plays with x y z and they compile chances when they're trailing" card either, Rangers trailed for 3 minutes in this series.

We're already hiding Trouba on the bottom pair so there isn't a spot for him there. This is a player who needs to come out of the lineup and won't unless he gets hurt.
I’m convinced if Jones replaces him we win the cup

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think it could go either way against the Canes. I think the Rangers do play them well in a way and certainly can win but you never know if the tweaks Carolina made might shift the advantage their way, or how it's gonna pan out. Rangers just have to go out and be resilient and make the most of their chances like they have all year

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I think it could go either way against the Canes. I think the Rangers do play them well in a way and certainly can win but you never know if the tweaks Carolina made might shift the advantage their way, or how it's gonna pan out. Rangers just have to go out and be resilient and make the most of their chances like they have all year

Carolina would game-plan for disrupting our east-west breakouts, and I think their offensive attack has gotten better and more creative than past years. But a pace game is more conducive for the Rangers than the bog that the Capitals went with.

Reactions: Blasds

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’m convinced if Jones replaces him we win the cup

The best of a group of imperfect options, yeah.

There are some dogs left in this whole thing though. I think I like the matchup with 3-4 WC teams way less than I do with anyone left in the East which is saying something because Carolina and Florida are legitimately very good.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Vesey's problem is that he refuses to play like a fourth liner on the fourth line. You're playing with grinders, it behooves you to keep the game simple and low risk, regardless of you down skill level.

Dominic Moore knew how to play with 4th liners, and he knew how to play with skill guys in the top 6. Vesey tries to do the same stuff out there with Goodrow and Tempe that he tries with Panarin, and it just isn't a good fit.

Put the puck deep, get traffic in front, looks for rebounds and screens, and keep the third man high. I don't want to see Jimmy throwing lateral passes at the blue line.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The thing with the Hurricanes is that their style of play is not conducive to a healthy lineup. Every postseason they see a slew of injuries because it's a very demanding style and they seem to lean towards forwards who skate well and can create pressure but aren't overly large. The combination of that style and the preference towards skilled, average sized forwards leads to wear and tear.

Pesce being out is a pretty big loss for them already.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Charlie is the opposite of a technically sound goalie. When he moves side to side, especially right to left, he doesn't stay square. A few different announcers made comments about not knowing what he was doing on certain plays. Always seemed off balance. Now, Igor on the other hand, was as technically sound as you can be, especially in game 4. The way he came out and challenged the shooter was great.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Charlie is the opposite of a technically sound goalie. When he moves side to side, especially right to left, he doesn't stay square. A few different announcers made comments about not knowing what he was doing on certain plays. Always seemed off balance. Now, Igor on the other hand, was as technically sound as you can be, especially in game 4. The way he came out and challenged the shooter was great.
Igor has one of the most elite and smooth lateral movements I have ever seen. I was really impressed when he first came on to the Rangers, having not seen him. He's a great skater.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
In the post-game interview, Zib mentioned something about managing the Caps' push, which is a telling clue about the team's resiliency and comeback ability. Caps tied the game at 2 in the second and had all the momentum. Then the team slowly tilted the ice back by the end of the period, then won it in the third. In the playoffs, you can't just say you want to push back and you will. Sometimes the legs are on fire and your stamina is running low. You manage the puck better, minimize further damage and slowly tilt the ice. This is a veteran and resilient squad. The Caps pushed hard in the second and you knew that eventually they couldn't keep going hard like that.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I didn't want to jinx it but that dude looks like he's dying out there. I have maintained all along that he will not break Gretzkys record and I will call it now, father time will stop him on the goal line. No way that guy puts 30+ in next year.
Nah, he'll get the record. He needs 41 to tie and 42 to break it. He has two years left on his contract with the Caps. Needs an average of 21 goals in those seasons to break it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get it despite his decline.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I don't know if they're going to beat Carolina but they're going to play better against Carolina.

They played better against better teams all year. I know people hate the "playing down" thing but it's an 82 game season. And then a 28 game tournament.

We didn't end up in a long series because of playing down like everyone feared.
Rangers have typically beaten Carolina in the playoffs for the most part.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This meant a lot to me.

I don't like that f***ing team. I didn't like them before Wilson.

We played them in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015. I had to listen to those fans for so many years. When we beat them in 2015, it felt like the dragon was dead. We beat them 3 out of 5.

Then I had to watch that shitty team win the Cup. They weren't good in that run. The PDO monster came out to play. Have we made our own bed in the past? Sure, but why didn't we have a run of luck like that?

Then Wilson tried to drop Panarin on his head and you can imagine where the emotions went, for a team I already didn't like.

When I went to game 1 there were a couple of Caps fans in our section. People were giving them shit. This dude just stands up, points at us, and says "1994." Points at himself and says "2018."

You know what? He's right.

I wanted something. These two events with the Caps -2018 and Wilson- sent me on a Joker arc. This is my first real pound of flesh. This was the first meaningful encounter since Wilson. Three years later and we're, right now, the most feared team in the league. They're nobody. In the words of Dusty Rhodes, "I hope you love it, kid."

This might not be the Cup but the fact that we swept them and put Ovechkin's corpse in the casket is gonna stay with them.

You can win the Cup, all you want. I'm under your bed. What's the phrase I'm looking for? Oh yeah!

1714409984755.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan