Rumor: Habs interested in Maxim Tsyplakov (upd: signed with the Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Good for them, I want a difference maker not another 4th line player....
Well these free agents, whether Russian or College always sign with the same teams and it's almost always much to do about nothing.

He ain't no Panarin that's for sure.

Reactions: EveryDay

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And....we close this thread...lol. As I was saying....good luck to him. But hopefully for the kid the expectations aren,t too high.

Reactions: Leto

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"Our last KHL UDFA signing failed so our next one will fail as well."

If it was a 3-year ELC, it would be different, but at 1 year I really don't see the huge downside of trying it out. Getting cheap help like that is what good teams do.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
10 pages about a guy who like a lot of his compatriots, mostly only care about playing in destination markets like NY.

I hope this is not a precursor to what bigger name free agents might do.

Hughes has worked very hard to create a welcoming environment in Montreal, it should pay off down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chili and BLONG7

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
"Our last KHL UDFA signing failed so our next one will fail as well."

If it was a 3-year ELC, it would be different, but at 1 year I really don't see the huge downside of trying it out. Getting cheap help like that is what good teams do.
He signed with a team going nowhere. He is apparently not interested in winning. Don't need him.

Reactions: Tyson and BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He signed with a team going nowhere. He is apparently not interested in winning. Don't need him.
NY baby! Now he can brag to all his broskies. As soon as he starts sliding, Patrick will chew him up and spit him out.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I used to keep track of the Euro free agent signings each year, stopped because there have been far fewer in recent years. The majority end up back in Europe in a season or two.

There are exceptions: mainly of late... Artemi Panarin, Mats Zuccarello, Andrei Kuzmenko, Ilya Mikheyev, Pius Suter, Arturs Zub, Jan Ruutta, David Kampf, Ilya Lybushkin, Alex Georgiev, Sergei Bobrovsky.

The Habs haven't had much luck here. Radu was different because he had a lot of experience in North America. Might have been nice to add Tsyplakov but the odds are against him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad