OT - NO POLITICS Ground Hogs, Valentines & President Day Sales - February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I love these new improvements for hurricane season. The research that has been done around the need for multi-lingual weather forecasts, reports, watches, warnings ect. has been extensive. So happy to see this research come to life.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Best cinnamon rolls I ever had came from a now defunct chain, TJ Cinnamons. We used to stop by after church frequently to get them. Soooo good.

There's a store in town here called Cinnaholic which looks pretty good but I have not tried. Mostly because I think one of their rolls contains about a week's worth of calories lol

Maybe a splurge for my birthday coming up....hmmmm

Reactions: BMC and caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
3. No ghost stories, though fascinated with metaphysics, quantum physics, what were once called UFO's, and "the paranormal." I have had lucid dreams (dreams where you know you're dreaming) and, possibly, OBE's (out of body experiences).

I wrote the attached almost thirty years ago. Some bits have changed. (Notably, the veracity, or lack thereof, per accounts from Kimberly Clarke Sharp and Danion Brinkley.)

The rest more or less stands.

Should time and interest permit,

Wow, that is a great read. I am fascinated by near death experiences. I actually know someone who it happened to, so have always believed there is something to it. She went into anaphylactic shock from a bee sting and managed to get her young daughter to call 911 - it was the first time she had been stung & had no idea she was allergic. During the time she "died", she saw the white light and tunnel and there were beings there. She was told it wasn't her time, to go back to her daughter. She obviously survived but definitely changed in personality and what was important to her going forward.

Why did you write this - were you in University? I'm just curious, I hope the question isn't too personal.

Are there any books that you would recommend on the subject - you do refer to some in the article but there are probably newer ones that have been written since.

Thanks again for sharing!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Best cinnamon rolls I ever had came from a now defunct chain, TJ Cinnamons. We used to stop by after church frequently to get them. Soooo good.

There's a store in town here called Cinnaholic which looks pretty good but I have not tried. Mostly because I think one of their rolls contains about a week's worth of calories lol

Fun fact, I have had a strange aversion to cinnamon rolls since childhood. When I was 12 or so, I went up to Water Country with a couple friends. On the way, we stopped at a coffee shop for breakfast. I had a cinnamon roll and it was delicious. Ended up getting insanely car sick and (probably unfairly) associated it with the cinnamon roll.

I have only just started to nibble on them here and there in the last couple years, cuz my kids like them and it's an easy crowd pleaser to bake in the morning. Plus, the house smells delightful afterward.

That same Water Country trip one of my friends stood up in one of those six person family rafts, right when we went into a dark tunnel. We exited, and he was gone lol. He fell out. Got roughed up pretty bad too. Apparently the seams in the slide pieces aren't the most flush!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
A day in the life

Attachments

• 04D2AEBA-401D-4BB7-B8B8-9FAFF21D2132.jpeg
    04D2AEBA-401D-4BB7-B8B8-9FAFF21D2132.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 2

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Wow, that is a great read. I am fascinated by near death experiences. I actually know someone who it happened to, so have always believed there is something to it. She went into anaphylactic shock from a bee sting and managed to get her young daughter to call 911 - it was the first time she had been stung & had no idea she was allergic. During the time she "died", she saw the white light and tunnel and there were beings there. She was told it wasn't her time, to go back to her daughter. She obviously survived but definitely changed in personality and what was important to her going forward.

Why did you write this - were you in University? I'm just curious, I hope the question isn't too personal.

Are there any books that you would recommend on the subject - you do refer to some in the article but there are probably newer ones that have been written since.

Thanks again for sharing!
Off to do a shop, but will reply in greater detail upon return. Thank you for reading,

M.

Reactions: caz16

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So, I had the weirdest feeling sitting at my desk about an hour ago.

I was typing on my keyboard, and it felt really small to me, so I picked up my phone, and my phone felt even smaller...like my hands were absolutely huge. I felt like I was growing.

A quick Google talks about AIWLS, Alice in Wonderland Syndrome.

I'm....confused and curious, but also nervous.

Very very strange. Never have had anything like that happen before.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I was typing on my keyboard, and it felt really small to me, so I picked up my phone, and my phone felt even smaller...like my hands were absolutely huge. I felt like I was growing.

Did someone slip some acid in your coffee?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

You just gave me chills

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Go ask Alice. When she's 10 feet tall.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Not cinnamon rolls - sticky buns.

IMG_5621.jpeg

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Speaking of card games….

Anyone play 45’s

It‘s a game that is predominantly played in Northeastern MA and Southern NH.

The Merrimack Valley to be even more specific.

I’ve also heard it might be played in parts of Canada, near Montreal I think.
I'm pretty sure I have, but was a long time ago... back when I was still in Gloucester. Love trump games - was particularly good (lucky?) at spades while I was in the army. Well, still am, though I def don't talk as much crap!

Reactions: sarge88

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Reactions: MustardStew

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I remember that Nick special with Magic and Hydeia. I watched it with my parents. I also remember her powerful interview with Oprah a few years later. She defied the odds and helped millions of people.

Rest in Peace Hydeia.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Is it just me or does anyone else get riddled with anxiety when you see someone approaching with purple or blue hair? It's like I immediately know my day is about to me made more difficult.
There are so many around, maybe it is different where you live?

My daughter's best friend has blue hair, she looks cute :)

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad