GDT: GER vs. LAT May 15, 2024

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Latvians are no good this year sadly, trying to make empty bet passes instead of shooting in good position. On to next year

Our PP is static and lacks any movement whatsoever, hard to do anything if thats the case.

Welp, this is a collapse.
You should have seen 5 on 3 PP in that other match. If there was a Snowman in Danish crease he would not have conceded a goal.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Wissmann said f*** it, I'll do it myself

Maybe the slowest dangle through 4 opponents I have ever seen. Admittedly I usually see those from McDavid. :laugh:

Obviously too early to get complacent, but it's good to see that, so far, the confidence seems intact.

I really like the speed of the Peterka-Stachowiak-Reichel line, but you can see they still lack chemistry. If they can figure it out, they could be a weapon in the quarterfinal (if they make it that far).

Reactions: Summer Rose

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
To be honest, with they way we play i dont see us getting out of this hole. I can accept being down a couple after the first if we atleast good on the ice, but our guys skate like they cement poured in their skates

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
And Dzierkals with another missed empty net and a pass that missed by about 5 meters leading to a 2on1 breakaway for Germany. What the f*** is he doing on the top line vol 4

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
And the turnover problem has not been fixed, 4th game in a row with opposing team just casually going in 1v1 against our goalie.

And Dzierkals with another missed empty net and a pass that missed by about 5 meters leading to a 2on1 breakaway for Germany. What the f*** is he doing on the top line vol 4
Abols-Daugaviņš line losing Balcers cripples the potential significantly.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Latvia improved a lot after going down 1-0 and had some dangerous moments, but they don't look like they'll be able to keep tight defensively for any extended period of time. They keep inviting our guys to score.

As I type this...

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Seems like they learned to score again.
Good. I want them to gain convidence.

Also whats up with latvia? This is not what i was expecting at all.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
This team does not deserve playoff hockey. Welp lets hope the next WC most of our best players dont injure themselves or unavailable due to NHL.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Also, im starting to wonder how much Artis Ābols being left out of the coaching staff is impacting the teams ability to play with good cohesion...

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I think that they will be told to stop to score during the next intermission.
But our PP could be improved. They need to get into position faster and need to hold onto the puck for longer.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
I think that they will be told to stop to score during the next intermission.
But our PP could be improved. They need to get into position faster and need to hold onto the puck for longer.
They will be told to stop scoring? :D That doesn't happen.
Good etiquette is to stop celebrating goals not to stop scoring.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
After this game is over, Vītoliņš has to go, he just has to go, thanks for the Bronze and all that, but without a good supporting assitant coach(like Ābols) he has shown time and time again in his carreer that it just doesnt work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad