Post-Game Talk: Gato

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY

Reinhart definitely threw his elbow to try to catch Gus with a hit after he mostly avoided it, I don’t think he wanted his elbow to catch his head though, just body/chest
and Rempe was trying to brace himself going in the the boards. It’s so selective in this league…no consistency.

There was zero intent with Reinharts hit so let’s get that out of the way. Not the same as Rempes situation.

And elbow to the face is a penalty regardless of intent so I don’t know how that was Missed.
I find a hilarious that you can ascribe intent to one and not the other. Total clown post.

Last edited:

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I'm not sure I understand. I think there has been consistency. Look at Rempe. No suspension on the Bastian hit. Which, there shouldn't have been. It wasn't a headshot.

He did get 4 games later on for what was a clear headshot.

This hit by Reinhart, while unfortunate, is not a penalty or a suspendible hit. There was no intent.
Except that Rempe was bracing himself when he was going into the boards.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
There was zero intent with Reinharts hit so let’s get that out of the way. Not the same as Rempes situation.

And elbow to the face is a penalty regardless of intent so I don’t know how that was Missed.
The intent was to throw an elbow to his chest. Im fine letting it slide in the game given the circumstances but lets stop pretending that one of the best hockey players in the world had no clue what he was doing

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Referring to his comment : Panarin has Fox and .......Laf ?

Because apparently Laf is better than Trocheck
Because Panarin apparently hasn't benefited from playing with Trocheck

Trocheck has been an absolute Monster this year. There is no way that line does what it's been doing without him.
Thanks for clarifying despite the rude initial post. Trochek has been awesome. He's my Steven McDonald Award first choice. Having a career year offensively and has been great on defense. He's hardly been an offensive dynamo throughout his career but this year is putting up the numbers.

My initial point last night is that Panarin hasn't had the type of offensive supporting cast other MVP candidates have had, which makes what he's done even more impressive.

The personal pot shot is noted @Larrybiv , have a nice day!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for clarifying despite the rude initial post. Trochek has been awesome. He's my Steven McDonald Award first choice. Having a career year offensively and has been great on defense. He's hardly been an offensive dynamo throughout his career but this year is putting up the numbers.

My initial point last night is that Panarin hasn't had the type of offensive supporting cast other MVP candidates have had, which makes what he's done even more impressive.

The personal pot shot is noted @Larrybiv , have a nice day!
Trocheck has hit 70 pts before. This type of offense isn’t unprecedented for him.
kuch is literally dragging that team kicking and screaming to the playoffs.
So long as Tampa makes it, it’s not even a question.
Tampa falls off, then it opens up.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Reinhart hit was fine other than the result of course. Gus went into the boards awkwardly and was falling down. I do find it suspicious how almost everyone on the Panthers skates in backwards to finish a check. Like it’s definitely something the do intentionally rather than tuck the shoulder. I noticed it last game they played the Rangers too.
Agree with this, It's not suspension worthy because Gus was falling down/going down awkwardly and Reinhart's elbow makes contact with the his head. However, it should have resulted in a penalty, since he swung his elbow (recklessly) to slow down Gus' movement/progress. Just my opinion...
Also noticed the Panthers were taking runs at our dmen, but especially Miller all night long.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Someone probably said this already, but did Panarin win the shoot out with the same move as Marner did? And people are losing their minds now?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This makes NO sense if it isn't including the Panarin's, Zibby 's, Kreider 's, Fox's, Trochek's and he'll even k'Andre could use a blow.
Rempe just had many days off, Brodz shouldn't need it, as well as Cuylle. Those guys are young!
This year has been wonderful thus far, but it's been a grind for me.
It absolutely makes sense. Giving rest to top and bottom tier players could be two separate decisions. Let’s start first that in this recent stretch the Rangers played important important games so it actually WOULDN’T make sense to rest top guys then. Second there’s actually players available in this 10-13 group that could be rotated without (much at all) impacting the quality of the lineup, unfortunately we don’t have such depth at the top. Plus it’s important to continue feed minutes to lines with newbies on them.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Someone probably said this already, but did Panarin win the shoot out with the same move as Marner did? And people are losing their minds now?
The Marner goal was fine. It was enough to call it continuous forward motion. The Panarin goal wasn't on the same questionable level where you wanted a replay. Panarin wasn't slightly above borderline when it comes to continuous motion. In the end, both are good goals. I think the outrage on Marner's goal was that it was right above being a questionable play, so many fans just want to scream as if the NHL hates us.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
KAM has taken his game to another level. The untapped potential is his game is still massive

if Gus is concussed... wtf are we looking at?

KAM Fox
Jones Schneider
Scanlin Rooweedle

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
our last 2 games... our 1sts have been suspect/average

absolute lock shit down in period 2 and 3.

Zibs is still a massive problem. Top priority is to get him on a line that produces 5v5.

Scratching Cuylle is about as Gallant as it gets.
Thing about the Mika line is they still outscore the other team 5 on 5. They don't score as much as last year but they aren't a liability. thats why i'm not as concerned as some

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Watched replay.

Trochek star of this year and saved the win. Always loved him. Blasted those who complained about his contract.
I think a lot of fans didn't like his shootout attempt, but he actually came really close to scoring there. He made the right place because the opening ended up being there, he just lifted the puck a little high and missed the opening gap.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I still like to give credit where credit is due and not just brush off the regular season like it doesn't matter. The 82 game regular season is a major grind and if it didn't matter teams like the Piles and Devils would still be playing after mid April.

It's not about not giving credit, it's about not being this year's Boston. Winning the regular season only to flame out in the playoffs would be... [language withdrawn for reasons of politeness].

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Trouba will be ready before lindgren
Thought I saw Lindgren was already skating, but yeah; either way I think they try to get one of those guys back in if possible before going further down the depth chart

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's not about not giving credit, it's about not being this year's Boston. Winning the regular season only to flame out in the playoffs would be... [language withdrawn for reasons of politeness].
I don't see that happening but you never know. I just enjoy the season and not worry about things I can't control. It's more likely they meet Carolina in the 2nd round which is always a crapshoot. Winning the cup is tough. There are legitimately about 7-8 teams that can win it if everything breaks just right. The Rangers are one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad