BRUINS GDT GAME 72 1:08 PM - THE BEAR ponders if Gritty is more cracked than the Liberty Bell - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
I do remember one big CHOKE in the PO's last year. It was a certain player who missed on a breakaway, which would have given the BRUINS a 4-1 series victory vs Florida.
Am I the only one who remembers that?
Btw, that certain player has also been doing a lot of choking again of late.
Marchand had 2 seconds from crossing the blue line to score on that play after making a tremendous play to get into that position.

With due respect, I have a hard time taking someone seriously who considers that a "choke"

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Anti-Ullmark Montyskeptic Skillness-desiring pro-Sweeney Pastafarian Jack lovers, our next meeting will be Monday at 9 AM in the church basement. Donuts and coffee will be provided.
I do like Jack. I feel bad about what he's going thru, but he bleeds BRUINS' blood and, imho, he's not as boring as so many play-by-play announcers are.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Absolutely. If the response from the refs is to let it go, someone on the roster should have enough sack to step up. Without being asked or told. Otherwise you don’t really have a team. You have a bunch of individuals.
Think it'd go a long way for this club to see Montgomery back up Marchand when he goes off the rails. Got to know who's in your corner and that they're willing to fight for you.

If Torts can do it to defend Hathaway for just being a punk, Montgomery can certainly do it to support Marchand when he's getting kneed and crosschecked in the face.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Marchand had 2 seconds from crossing the blue line to score on that play after making a tremendous play to get into that position.

With due respect, I have a hard time taking someone seriously who considers that a "choke"
With due respect, I have a hard time taking someone seriously who blames the coach.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The next eight or so games should be interesting to see what happens in terms of results, in terms of what the team looks like via the eyeball test, and in terms of position in the standings.

They end the season with back to backs against Washington and Ottawa. Have to imagine that by that point, they’re resting their big guns.

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
Game 1 of the playoffs the Bruins better grow a set of balls because they are currently playing like it’s beer league non contact

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I do remember one big CHOKE in the PO's last year. It was a certain player who missed on a breakaway, which would have given the BRUINS a 4-1 series victory vs Florida.
Am I the only one who remembers that?
Btw, that certain player has also been doing a lot of choking again of late.

It's not like he went in with all the time in the world. There wasn't even time to try a quick dangle. He only had 1 second left when he shot the puck. You're out of your mind if you think that Marchand " choked " on that play. As it was, he made a fantastic sweep check to get it out of their own zone to even get that chance at the breakaway.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins only had 20 shots today .40 hits and 53.8% in dot .0-2 on powerplay .Flyers blocked 18 shots.Flyers gave away puck 2 to 1 ,so kind of a shame only mustered what they did but that's hockey.

Reactions: rfournier103

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
“You see that turnover?! You can’t win with him as your best player.”

“Doesn’t matter, he scores twice as many as he gives away!!”
Twice as many? Does the league have individual numbers on giveaways? I get it. Pasta is a sniper and most give him a pass regarding the rest of his game.
When he's not sniping, he's a liabilty. Hate me for that, but that's what I believe.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Game 1 of the playoffs the Bruins better grow a set of balls because they are currently playing like it’s beer league non contact

They're making contact and hitting. Not sure what you're watching. What they're lacking is another top player - with Marchand slowing down in the later months of the regular season and all the focus on Pasta, they don't have another guy that can take over on offense. We have a bunch of muckers and grinders on forwards and while they do their job, the obvious weakness remains.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Teams should be drooling over the chance to play this team in the playoffs.
It’s such a strange field in the East this season.

Even Florida has been struggling as of late, but they’re the one team in the East than can maybe give one of the West powerhouses a run for their money.

B’s are inconsistent and underwhelming in areas, but so is pretty much everyone else.

They’re just under the microscope that we spend the most time looking through.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Even Florida has been struggling as of late, but they’re the one team in the East than can maybe give one of the West powerhouses a run for their money.

B’s are inconsistent and underwhelming in areas, but so is pretty much everyone else.

90% of playoff series end up being compelling…..but I think 100% of those out west this year will be.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY

I think the Rags are the most balanced team in the East. I'd predict them in the Cup finals.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Tell me where I’m wrong.

Every one of those example is accurate.

He’s a JAG and cost them the game today.

He also cost them dearly vs. NYR Thursday.

He gets such a free pass here, it’s embarrassing.

Imagine if JDB, Grzelcyk or Forbort made that turnover?

Lol…the masses would be calling for them to be tarred and feathered.

A free pass... here?? Were you not around for the preseason when 90 percent of the board was dumping on the Bruins for signing him? He's playing well for his role and his contract. He makes the occasional mistake and is obviously a complimentary player. I think you're exaggerating the point a bit because you're not a fan of his.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Whoever they face, it is one game at a time, we have been on the losing end so many times when we were "supposed" to win. The playoffs are a whole new season, I am glad they are in the race. Let's see what they can do. The juggernauts fall every season, who will that be this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad