Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I don't care if you think they suck. They probably do suck.

I suck too. What am I good at? Posting on HF. And there's still four people ahead of me.

My whole thing is, as soon as things get tough, this board always defaults to questioning their mentality and desire. Which is objectively stupid because it ignores the wins. Like, Carolina is down in this series. By the same logic, aren't they soft and lazy for letting that happen?

Every fanbase does this to an extent, but this board really does it, and I don't understand it. It's a weird thing to be obsessed with.

It's just a game, at the end of the day. It has nothing to do with their fortitude, or much less your's, since people seem to take this so personally.

It's not about negativity. It's about the personal attacks get thrown at the team after every loss.

I really don't think a lot of you understand what it takes to play ten levels below the NHL, let alone in the NHL.

Aside from maybe a couple of weeks off in the summer, these guys do nothing but hockey every single day.

People talk shit about them being millionaires, and yeah, maybe it's a bit much, but part of it is because it's such a challenging job. You clock in at 14 and if you're lucky enough, you clock out at 38. It's a 20+ year shift.

I don't question fandom. I believe that every single one of us wants it just as much, but believe me, the team is right there.
I don't disagree.

In the heat of the moment after a bad performance, especially in the playoffs and in a series clinching game, we post stuff that either doesn't make much sense; is irrational, etc. I have been guilty of this myself, likely more than once. I'm not excusing it; patience has never been a strong suit of mine to my detriment. Besides, there are far more important things in life than than a hockey team.

This franchise has won 1 Stanley Cup title in 84 years. To see another golden opportunity possibly being squandered away is unsettling and patience is fleeting to say the least. I'm not saying they'll win this series/the Stanley Cup; I'm not saying they'll lose this series (I know I've been negative with that in the last few days), or even win this series but lose in either the ECF or in the Cup Final; time will tell on that.

As one of the older fans of the team on here (I go back to the mid 1980s), I have seen a ton of misery/disappointment and incompetence from this organization; that's been a part of being a fan of this team. We all just want to see this team be successful and finally end another Stanley Cup drought.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is pretty darn impressive, Kreider is 80th percentile for reference

T7SGwCk.png

Such a unique player, this offseason we should use every resource we can to help him fill out his frame more, improve lower body strength and agility.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
What's Barbara Underhill up to these days? Let's get her on the hotline.

Whatever Laf did this offseason, I hope Rempe does it, too.

The frame of Beukeboom, the speed of McDavid, the dekeing of Datsyuk, the shot of Bure.

I wasn't a big hit when it came to playing Dungeons and Dragons with others. My magic user was so athletic and somehow ended up being more Tyson/Lawrence Taylor/Ric Flair more than anything.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't disagree.

In the heat of the moment after a bad performance, especially in the playoffs and in a series clinching game, we post stuff that either doesn't make much sense; is irrational, etc. I have been guilty of this myself, likely more than once. I'm not excusing it; patience has never been a strong suit of mine to my detriment. Besides, there are far more important things in life than than a hockey team.

This franchise has won 1 Stanley Cup title in 84 years. To see another golden opportunity possibly being squandered away is unsettling and patience is fleeting to say the least. I'm not saying they'll win this series/the Stanley Cup; I'm not saying they'll lose this series (I know I've been negative with that in the last few days), or even win this series but lose in either the ECF or in the Cup Final; time will tell on that.

As one of the older fans of the team on here (I go back to the mid 1980s), I have seen a ton of misery/disappointment and incompetence from this organization; that's been a part of being a fan of this team. We all just want to see this team be successful and finally end another Stanley Cup drought.
I respect it. We all lash out. It matters to us.

It's more so the people who, we have a bad loss, and you just know they're coming out of the woodwork. That's not you.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
This is pretty darn impressive, Kreider is 80th percentile for reference

T7SGwCk.png

Such a unique player, this offseason we should use every resource we can to help him fill out his frame more, improve lower body strength and agility.
You know what bothers me. The 4th line with Rempe in the lineup energizes the team by forechecking the heck out of the opposition. Rempe pins the puck against the wall, busts his ass all over the ice. The 4th line is effective at wasting the opponent's time and energy.

Then halfway through the 2nd period, Lav decides to bench Rempe and the 4th line becomes a complete non-factor.

I happen to really like Laviolette. But I can't agree with this decision. Shortening the bench like that in the playoffs with series going deep. Can't do that. Also, if a player is effective in the 1st period then he'd be effective in the 2nd and 3rd. Just play the kid and let the team roll along.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
You know what bothers me. The 4th line with Rempe in the lineup energizes the team by forechecking the heck out of the opposition. Rempe pins the puck against the wall, busts his ass all over the ice. The 4th line is effective at wasting the opponent's time and energy.

Then halfway through the 2nd period, Lav decides to bench Rempe and the 4th line becomes a complete non-factor.

I happen to really like Laviolette. But I can't agree with this decision. Shortening the bench like that in the playoffs with series going deep. Can't do that. Also, if a player is effective in the 1st period then he'd be effective in the 2nd and 3rd. Just play the kid and let the team roll along.
100%
Brian Boyle was saying as such on todays episode of the podcast with Mollie & Brooks

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I don't disagree.

I go back to the early 70s. That Parise OT goal loss to the Isles was one to set the tone for decades. Now, I just can't get angry and rant nonsense over a loss.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I respect it. We all lash out. It matters to us.

It's more so the people who, we have a bad loss, and you just know they're coming out of the woodwork. That's not you.
Thanks, man; I appreciate that. I try to not sound like a lunatic LOL.

I don't often post in the game day threads because I don't actually see many Rangers games on TV (I don't have the NHL Centre Ice package); I usually only see them play when they play a Canadian team on a Canadian network. Also, I try to stop myself from posting something I wish I hadn't; trying to stay patient and keep things in perspective. It's a long season with many ups and downs.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad