Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Choice of Reinhart/Verhaeghe, Samoskevich or whoever the hell is our best prospect not named Lundell/Knight, and 2042 First or whenever the hell it is we have a first available

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Lol at calling DeBoer a dinosaur but then being excited for Maurice. :laugh::laugh:
I think Florida went from the 32nd best coach in the NHL to the 16th best. Why would I not be happy? They upgraded significantly. I really hope Ruff gets fired in October so New Jersey can go 23-35-11 the rest of the way and end any talk about AB.

The league f***ed Florida with Q, who is the GOAT, it's unfortunate. Nothing can be done though.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I think Florida went from the 32nd best coach in the NHL to the 16th best. Why would I not be happy? They upgraded significantly. I really hope Ruff gets fired in October so New Jersey can go 23-35-11 the rest of the way and end any talk about AB.

The league f***ed Florida with Q, who is the GOAT, it's unfortunate. Nothing can be done though.
The fact that you think a coach who lead this team to the president's trophy is the 32nd best coach in the league. I know he wasn't the best coach by any means but to call him the worst coach in the league is pure hyperbole.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018

Choice of Reinhart/Verhaeghe, Samoskevich or whoever the hell is our best prospect not named Lundell/Knight, and 2042 First or whenever the hell it is we have a first available

Reinhart is the top 6 forward
Samoskevich can count as the 1st
Let them pick their favorite from the AHL squad (other than Denisenko/Schwindt) as the solid prospect
Give them Duclair as the fourth player.

That should be a very, very competitive offer.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Reinhart is the top 6 forward
Samoskevich can count as the 1st
Let them pick their favorite from the AHL squad (other than Denisenko/Schwindt) as the solid prospect
Give them Duclair as the fourth player.

That should be a very, very competitive offer.
Tkachuk wants 9-10M, so Reinhart's 6.5 + Duclair at 3.0 in LTIR would not work cap wise unless we move Horny

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Actually, you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if Calgary balked at Samoskevich. He's a Connecticut kid who is currently in college. He'll need at least one more year of NCAA hockey, and a third of either NCAA or minors.

You have to wonder. Will he just stay the extra year at Michigan to avoid Calgary? They're already sweating over what Coronato does with Harvard.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Tkachuk wants 9-10M, so Reinhart's 6.5 + Duclair at 3.0 in LTIR would not work cap wise unless we move Horny
Three team sign and trade.
Tkachuk signs for 9.5m x 1y (still RFA).
We cut in some dumpster like Chicago to retain 3m.

Cap neutral.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Three team sign and trade.
Tkachuk signs for 9.5m x 1y (still RFA).
We cut in some dumpster like Chicago to retain 3m.

Cap neutral.
Still not sure if it is right option considering Huberdeau UFA status next year and a possibility of a long-term extension for 9-10M p/y...which is similar to Tkachuk's demands. But Huberdeau would be 30 when his new contract starts

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Still not sure if it is right option considering Huberdeau UFA status next year and a possibility of a long-term extension for 9-10M p/y...which is similar to Tkachuk's demands. But Huberdeau would be 30 when his new contract starts
If we're moving Duclair and Reinhart, we can pay both Huberdeau and Tkachuk $9.5m and Weegar $6m. No more Hornqvist, Yandle, or Darling, and a cap increase means we're getting like $12m in free space next summer.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
If we're moving Duclair and Reinhart, we can pay both Huberdeau and Tkachuk $9.5m and Weegar $6m. No more Hornqvist, Yandle, or Darling, and a cap increase means we're getting like $12m in free space next summer.
I think it's risky to have so many players with huge contracts (especially considering Bob - to move him in 2023 or 2024 we'll need assets, but some of them would go for Tkachuk). Look at the Leafs.
I assume it's more effective in terms of Cup chances to have a bunch of very good and underpaid players than one more star on a reasonable, but still very big contract. With the latter option, you're becoming dependent on one player (and injuries can happen), it's also more difficult to retool if needed and move just one large asset than several lesser ones.
Are you sure that Tkachuk would bring to the team significantly more than Reinhart + Duclair (assuming he would fully recover and return as good as he was) combined in short-term and help Panthers to get closer to the Cup?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
My contention is that you can’t really have two skaters paid $10M… and with the goalie making $10M… I’m gonna say no to Tka.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

you guys were so close when talking about it yesterday!

re-reading those posts, it all seems obvious now doesn't it? :)

Reactions: ScottyMascotty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad