OT: Former Pred Talk

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Connor Ingram wins the Masterton trophy.
Good deal. Lanky has been fine but I kinda hated it we bailed on him. But it may turn out to be the best thing that could have happened for his career. He will probably get a good contract somewhere this summer.. edit nvm he got paid last summer

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Matt Duchene and Ryan Suter get to hoist the Cup we should just fold the franchise. Holy shit the thought of it makes me nauseated.
It gets easier to deal with after a while.

Source: I experienced The Former #7 and the subsequent Kings microdynasty. 🤢

"Dr. Voldy. Again we see there is no hockey misery you can possess which I cannot take away."

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If Matt Duchene and Ryan Suter get to hoist the Cup we should just fold the franchise. Holy shit the thought of it makes me nauseated.
TBH, even though I was demonstrably not a big fan of Duchene as a player, I really don't hold any grudge against him. He had a couple rougher seasons with us and I didn't really like his playing style, but he did pretty actively choose to come here and WANT to be here. He came with the best intentions, and it was never his own decision to leave. :dunno:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Suter is the only one that really nauseates me 🤮 I imagine Wild fans aren’t too thrilled either. He is almost balanced by Pavelski who I have grudgingly admired for years. I do hope Trotz is taking notes on how Dallas is a blend of vets and youth…

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Duchene was good. He had a 40+ goal season. Hynes was the main issue with that roster. Paying Duchene to be the player we need on another team is a colossal mistake. We desperately could have used that speed and talent against Vancouver.
Well, we could always pick up another veteran or 2 playing out the string of their careers and keep the crispy kids in the oven.

Reactions: Enoch

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Duchene was good. He had a 40+ goal season. Hynes was the main issue with that roster. Paying Duchene to be the player we need on another team is a colossal mistake. We desperately could have used that speed and talent against Vancouver.
Duchene had a career year under Hynes? :huh: As did Forsberg (up til that point), Josi, and players like Jeannot. Johansen and Granlund both had resurgent seasons. I'm not a Hynes fan by any stretch, and one guy producing well in spite of a coach, ok...but half a team?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Duchene had a career year under Hynes? :huh: As did Forsberg (up til that point), Josi, and players like Jeannot. Johansen and Granlund both had resurgent seasons. I'm not a Hynes fan by any stretch, and one guy producing well in spite of a coach, ok...but half a team?
He also had a career low point per game season under Hynes, 13 points in 34 games

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Suter is the only one that really nauseates me 🤮 I imagine Wild fans aren’t too thrilled either. He is almost balanced by Pavelski who I have grudgingly admired for years. I do hope Trotz is taking notes on how Dallas is a blend of vets and youth…
Well, we could always pick up another veteran or 2 playing out the string of their careers and keep the crispy kids in the oven.
If our youth performed like the kids in the Dallas org there wouldn't be any issue. One of their kids who just turned 22 led the AHL in points .. Bourque. Stankoven tore it up in his 47 AHL games then held his own when called up. Johnston skipped the AHL and put up 20+ in his two NHL seasons. We started the season with six kids age 23 or younger, one performed. Maybe H'Leureux makes the jump after one pro season under his belt ... or Svechkov after his lone pro season in North America ... Kemell is all of 20 years old right now ... Pärssinen is a 23 yr old former 7th rounder who is already bouncing back and forth between leagues .... Shaefer is 20 .... Tomasino doesn't turn 23 until this summer.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
What kind of twilight zone level of WTF is going on in this thread?

People who used to curse the ground Duchene walked on now talking like he’s the second coming of Gretzky? John Hynes was a good coach?

If nothing else this board has some people that post some stuff that will make you just have to laugh at the insanity.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
SHAQ, I’ve always maintained Duchene was worth keeping and Hynes was an abysmal coach.
I just don't really remember that many people crapping on Duchene, it was just noted by most that Trotz was doing it for team reasons so most had to trust Trotz knew something going on we didn't. Problem is now that those winners blew several leads in the playoffs Trotz decision doesn't look all that great.

TBH I don't really see it as much of love/hate for Duchene and more based around the decision Trotz made.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I just don't really remember that many people crapping on Duchene, it was just noted by most that Trotz was doing it for team reasons so most had to trust Trotz knew something going on we didn't. Problem is now that those winners blew several leads in the playoffs Trotz decision doesn't look all that great.

TBH I don't really see it as much of love/hate for Duchene and more based around the decision Trotz made.
Were there people critical of Duchene as a teammate, his attitude, and his demeanor? 🤷‍♂️

There is no doubt he was criticized for his play at times. For his contract. I haven't seen a single player yet that hasn't had the bus driven over him a few times. Which is precisely what a message board with fans expressing opinions is all about.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Were there people critical of Duchene as a teammate, his attitude, and his demeanor? 🤷‍♂️

There is no doubt he was criticized for his play at times. For his contract. I haven't seen a single player yet that hasn't had the bus driven over him a few times. Which is precisely what a message board with fans expressing opinions is all about.
Exactly. Based on his first couple of years he deserved to be driven over and frankly the main question alot of people were asking was whether we were going to see the 40g Duchene going forward or the one we saw for the first couple of seasons?

I mean every players catches flak at times, I mean the talk around here was Ekholm had lost a step prior to being traded, looks pretty good out there to me. None of us are perfect, we are going to get some opinions wrong. If we were that good at it we wouldn't be on a message board, we would be a Scout/GM for an NHL team :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad