Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

That tweet is awesome!

Looks like the theme for the season will be teased at the event. I hope they go a little more mature, darker like the tweet from the team suggests.

I think it’s safe to say that this is the most talented team we have ever iced. I look forward to watching this team take steps towards becoming a contender this season.

what are everyone’s thoughts on the team so far?

BTW…another interesting tidbit. Panarin was asked about Bob the other day. He said something soon the lines that Bob works extremely hard on his skill and his body, and if he feels that even if he had a problem with his elbow, he’d work it out for 45 minutes. I think that confirms what slot of us have suspected for a while now, which is, the problem with Bob is mental. If he can somehow play 5e game more simple, and not overthink everything, it might help his play in net.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I like how the rosterlooks on paper. Now lets go and compete on the ice, and gel as a team with 1 common goal. Everyone needs to play for everyone, a true team effort every night. That's how TB plays and if we do that we will contend with the best of them.

Offense:
Not worried about the offense as Reinheart addition will help with scoring. PP should be what we work on during every practice because losing Yandle who captained the 1st PP unit may hurt us there a bit. If we practice it shouldn't be an issue.

Defense:
Having Ekblad back will help this as well as Weeger continueing his stellar play from last season. I do believe this is our biggest weakness(yes even more than in goal). Forsling's play is great but outside of these 3 I feel like we are hit and miss. If we can somehow add a Dman
through trade during the season to solidify our defense it will be key come playoff time.

Goalie:
Bob I believe will bounce back and have a good season. Knight should have some great games too, maybe even steal us some games. Workload should be split more then you would with a starter/backup. Should be maybe Bob/50, Knight/32 is what I would say. This should keep them both fresh for the playoffs as well.

Expectation:
We are a playoff team on paper, now we need to go out and prove it on the ice. Once in, give it everything you have. Defend every shot, and throw the kitchen sink at opposing goalies. Don't back down but also be smart with not taking stupid penalties. Don't sit back, take the play to opposing teams.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I like how the rosterlooks on paper. Now lets go and compete on the ice, and gel as a team with 1 common goal. Everyone needs to play for everyone, a true team effort every night. That's how TB plays and if we do that we will contend with the best of them.

Offense:
Not worried about the offense as Reinheart addition will help with scoring. PP should be what we work on during every practice because losing Yandle who captained the 1st PP unit may hurt us there a bit. If we practice it shouldn't be an issue.

Defense:
Having Ekblad back will help this as well as Weeger continueing his stellar play from last season. I do believe this is our biggest weakness(yes even more than in goal). Forsling's play is great but outside of these 3 I feel like we are hit and miss. If we can somehow add a Dman
through trade during the season to solidify our defense it will be key come playoff time.

Goalie:
Bob I believe will bounce back and have a good season. Knight should have some great games too, maybe even steal us some games. Workload should be split more then you would with a starter/backup. Should be maybe Bob/50, Knight/32 is what I would say. This should keep them both fresh for the playoffs as well.

Expectation:
We are a playoff team on paper, now we need to go out and prove it on the ice. Once in, give it everything you have. Defend every shot, and throw the kitchen sink at opposing goalies. Don't back down but also be smart with not taking stupid penalties. Don't sit back, take the play to opposing teams.

I agree we SHOULD be a playoff team, but I feel like all bets are off in our division. Some tough opponents and getting home ice advantage will be extremely difficult.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I agree we SHOULD be a playoff team, but I feel like all bets are off in our division. Some tough opponents and getting home ice advantage will be extremely difficult.
Bets are off for home ice and making it out of the 1st round? 100% agree. Making the playoffs should be easy, 2 mediocre teams and 2 of the worst 3 teams in the league are also in the division. I'm not worried about the 5th Metro team.

Florida has the highest Cup odds I've ever seen them have (6th), the problem is 3 of the 5 teams with higher odds are in the division :laugh:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
THE MIDDLE?!

giphy.webp

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Nice. “Work” is way better though. Love Jimmy Eat World.
Me too. But I like their old stuff even more, songs like "Rockstar", "Robot Factory" have more punch and are rockier

Isn't this their goal song?

'Sweetness'

You are right, my bad! I mix those two up all the time because the melody/tunes are so similar!
I can live with them sticking with this song.

Any counter propositions anybody that are original?
Would love me some "Iron Maiden" or "Foo Fighters"

Reactions: Ryuji Yamazaki

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No offense to Jimmy Eat World. I like Sweetness. Jimmy eat world is a punk rock band at the roots, and I do like punk music, but it's been the song for many years now. Time for a change in my opinion.
Maybe the team should look for something with more of a Florida Hispanic vibe in it?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Bets are off for home ice and making it out of the 1st round? 100% agree. Making the playoffs should be easy, 2 mediocre teams and 2 of the worst 3 teams in the league are also in the division. I'm not worried about the 5th Metro team.

Florida has the highest Cup odds I've ever seen them have (6th), the problem is 3 of the 5 teams with higher odds are in the division :laugh:

I don’t get Boston and Toronto having better odds than us. Neither of those teams are better than us.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Maybe the team should look for something with more of a Florida Hispanic vibe in it?
Danza Kuduro was my pick before Sweetness became a regular. Sweetness has been one of my favourites since NHL 03, so I can't really complain.

Bandoleros wouldn't be a bad pick either.

Reactions: Vilam

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

That tweet is awesome!

Looks like the theme for the season will be teased at the event. I hope they go a little more mature, darker like the tweet from the team suggests.

I think it’s safe to say that this is the most talented team we have ever iced. I look forward to watching this team take steps towards becoming a contender this season.

what are everyone’s thoughts on the team so far?

BTW…another interesting tidbit. Panarin was asked about Bob the other day. He said something soon the lines that Bob works extremely hard on his skill and his body, and if he feels that even if he had a problem with his elbow, he’d work it out for 45 minutes. I think that confirms what slot of us have suspected for a while now, which is, the problem with Bob is mental. If he can somehow play 5e game more simple, and not overthink everything, it might help his play in net.

They really should play on the intimidation of the Panther more, about time. I still think we should play Welcome to the Jungle before every power play. The Devils play Van Halen's Running with the Devil right before the Devils take the ice pre game, and they've been doing it for more than 20 years.

Reactions: 5 Hole

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
No offense to Jimmy Eat World. I like Sweetness. Jimmy eat world is a punk rock band at the roots, and I do like punk music, but it's been the song for many years now. Time for a change in my opinion.

Why? How much of a hispanic vibe is there in hockey? Florida isn't Miami. The music in the arena already sucks enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad