Confirmed with Link: FLA acquires Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov and 5th rounder ('24) from PHI, in exchange for Tippett, 1st rounder ('24, top10 protec.) and 3rd rounder ('23)

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
From the beginning of the season till March 19th, the Panthers were 27th in faceoffs at 47.5%

From the March 20th till now, we are 11th at 52.1%

Huge jump. Likely the Giroux effect. He is 56% since arriving in Florida.

View attachment 527503

Giroux has taken the second most face offs since arriving

However, there is also this

View attachment 527505

he is below 50% in defensive zone draws while Barkov is an incredible 62%

However, Giroux is WTF 75% on power play draws.
It’s all due to picking where you can be on the faceoff for pp’s. On the defensive end, I’m sure the other team chooses to go on his Weak side. But every game is different obviously and he wins majority of the time. It also eases the burden on barkov, letting him take all the faceoff on his strong side

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
lol, @ both papers (herald & sentinel) all of a sudden covering the Panthers again.
It’s been a little over a year since the tv stations found out where FLLive arena is.
they initially thought it was a different arena because they couldn't find BBT or Truist on the map

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Pretty big insult if that's really what you'd offer

Don’t think it was meant as an insult… It was just… Hope that a vétéran like Giroux would sign short-term if he enjoyed it here AND think the best shot at the Cup is here.

We have no money next year… But pretty sure Zito wants to find a way to keep everybody !

Marchment, Giroux, Chiarot…

That’s a lot of supposed big paychecks, for big players… Maybe you can find a way to say Marchment and Giroux on short one-year deals or two (don’t believe two anymore) at 2M, and only pay Chiarot this year… And see the year after who you can fit and what kind of money you have !

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Don’t think it was meant as an insult… It was just… Hope that a vétéran like Giroux would sign short-term if he enjoyed it here AND think the best shot at the Cup is here.

We have no money next year… But pretty sure Zito wants to find a way to keep everybody !

Marchment, Giroux, Chiarot…

That’s a lot of supposed big paychecks, for big players… Maybe you can find a way to say Marchment and Giroux on short one-year deals or two (don’t believe two anymore) at 2M, and only pay Chiarot this year… And see the year after who you can fit and what kind of money you have !

That's just not reality.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
There is no way we can keep him, between, G, March and Chiarot, I would concentrate on March only, His is the more afordable of the 3 of them.
And he is also a high impact player.

Giroux is just and affordable luxury this year, but in a perfect world I would do anything to keep him around.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, Giroux is gonna get paid very well for his services by a team with a better cap situation next season. Hope we can see him off with a Cup, though.

Do agree that Marchment is the guy who needs to be re-signed at all costs. He's only going to get better as he gets stronger on his skates. That's absolutely an area where he can improve, and it's going to make him such a force.

One player that I'm very confident in saying that he's not a fluke.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah, Giroux is gonna get paid very well for his services by a team with a better cap situation next season. Hope we can see him off with a Cup, though.

Do agree that Marchment is the guy who needs to be re-signed at all costs. He's only going to get better as he gets stronger on his skates. That's absolutely an area where he can improve, and it's going to make him such a force.

One player that I'm very confident in saying that he's not a fluke.
Uh, idk about that.

He's one of my favourite players on the team but I'm not sure he can replicate this season, or even come close.

This is the highest point total he's had in every league he's played in. That's absolutely wild, I'm not sure I've ever seen such a case.

Hell, even last year his production and impact on the ice was unexpected. How much more so this year? I think it's more likely he reverts back to his 20-21 production than coming close to his current point total. Which, mind you, is still a good 3rd/4th line player.

I guess we'll see who's right, and I hope it's you.

Reactions: 16Skippy

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Uh, idk about that.

He's one of my favourite players on the team but I'm not sure he can replicate this season, or even come close.

This is the highest point total he's had in every league he's played in. That's absolutely wild, I'm not sure I've ever seen such a case.

Hell, even last year his production and impact on the ice was unexpected. How much more so this year? I think it's more likely he reverts back to his 20-21 production than coming close to his current point total. Which, mind you, is still a good 3rd/4th line player.

I guess we'll see who's right, and I hope it's you.
his development curve looks odd since he got a late start.

his shooting percentage is obviously way higher than at any point in his career but i don't think that means he's a fluke. not on this team at least - he's got a pretty good shot and playing this style results in him often getting the puck in space.

that said, he may never reproduce this production even if he stays and i can easily imagine him flopping if he signs a big contract, e.g. with a rebuilding team that doesn't have the complementary pieces. i just don't think he'll fall off a cliff.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Love it, but I'm more curious to see how he does in the playoffs. His last few playoff appearances were meh, but TBF, most of Philly was meh so it wasn't necessarily on him. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
The lack of scoring in the playoffs has nothing to do with him. The Flyers have been one of the worst coached teams in the league the last 5 years. They can't even successfully coach a regular season PP to mediocrity on a team that had some of the leagues better to best PP players, they sure as hell couldn't do it in the playoffs. And they most definitely weren't capable of getting G any sort of favorable match up in the playoffs.

You will be very happy with the intensity Giroux brings in the playoffs, he is a madman, he just happened to be trapped in an absolute hellhole of an organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad