F James Scantlebury - Lac St-Louis Arsenal M15, QM15AAA (2027 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Been following this kid since he made his U15 debut as a 13 year old and scored over a point per game in the small sample size. After checking through my bookmarks on EliteProspects, He seems to be continuing the impressive play at that level so I figured it’s time for a thread.

QMJHL Rights: TBD
QMJHL Draft: 2025

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This is a crazy screenshot.
29FABDF0-39DF-4939-8053-FF8EA03AF5EB.jpeg

czech

Feb 23, 2009
His team is in deep last place in the entire league. However, the player is third in the league in the list of goalscorers (also do not forget that he is a year younger than most of the others). A wide-legged hockey player is constantly trying to break into the zone of a stronger opponent at speed. Often it can be stopped only by infraction. Sometimes rivals foul on Scantlebury as soon as the player left the bench.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
Looks like he is playing for the Bishop Kearney 14U AAA team this season. Thought he would stay in Quebec.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Looks like he is playing for the Bishop Kearney 14U AAA team this season. Thought he would stay in Quebec.
BK is one of the top development schools in the US right now, they’re churning out high CHL draft picks/NTDP players as much as Any other program in North America.

Very smart decision on his and his guardians part.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
BK is one of the top development schools in the US right now, they’re churning out high CHL draft picks/NTDP players as much as Any other program in North America.

Very smart decision on his and his guardians part.
Yeah I know how good Bk is I was just under the impression he would play qm18aaa

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yeah I know how good Bk is I was just under the impression he would play qm18aaa
Probably wasn’t able to find any takers that would give him quality ice - Then if he was given a scholarship to BK, that’s a golden opportunity and helps him with any potential NCAA interest he has going forward.

Me personally, I think it’s a great decision. I’ll be interested to see how he plays with quality teammates this season.

Reactions: clevelandcane

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Boisvert, Morin, Scantlebury... poor QMJHL
I certainly can’t blame the kids for taking this route, as the USHL and NCAA are excellent, but it hasn’t seemed to work out for highly touted Quebec kids to date for whatever reason. See: Cisse, La Starza, Alexis-Legault, Tinling, Mastrodomenico, Bucheler, Mercuri, Rozzi, etc.

Not saying there’s no hope for these guys since many are still quite young, but I would say most have performed below expectations thus far compared to the hype.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I certainly can’t blame the kids for taking this route, as the USHL and NCAA are excellent, but it hasn’t seemed to work out for highly touted Quebec kids to date for whatever reason. See: Cisse, La Starza, Alexis-Legault, Tinling, Mastrodomenico, Bucheler, Mercuri, Rozzi, etc.

Not saying there’s no hope for these guys since many are still quite young, but I would say most have performed below expectations thus far compared to the hype.
The guys you mention are indefinitely weaker than the 3 mentioned.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Scantlebury went 8+6 in 4 games to lead the Labor Day Prime invite in scoring. Next closest was Trevor Daley’s son with 9 pts.

BK went 3-1. Not as strong as last years National Championship squad but still will be a top 10 team.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
Scantlebury went 8+6 in 4 games to lead the Labor Day Prime invite in scoring. Next closest was Trevor Daley’s son with 9 pts.

BK went 3-1. Not as strong as last years National Championship squad but still will be a top 10 team.
7+8 not 8+6

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007

The guys you mention are indefinitely weaker than the 3 mentioned.
Yeah, in hindsight. Several of these players were just as hyped coming out of Bantam and Midget. That’s my point; they didn't (or haven't) panned out as anticipated.

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Big showdown tonight BK Selects vs Shattuck. Shattuck is the better team and should win but Scantlebury has the ability to take over

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
Big showdown tonight BK Selects vs Shattuck. Shattuck is the better team and should win but Scantlebury has the ability to take over
Fitzhenry has that same ability for Shattucks right? Or is Scantlebury better?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Fitzhenry has that same ability for Shattucks right? Or is Scantlebury better?
Similar ability, Fitzhenry has a lot better of a team around him too. Still should be entertaining as Shattuck is a clear #1 in the country vs a good BK team who is top 5-10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad