ESPN Report Blackhawks accused of fraud, breach of contract, sexual harassment

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
It sounds more like a disgruntled employee that was not retained, and that she felt like they didn’t hed her advice about changing the logo and went around her and got the local Indian tribes to support it. If you read the Blackhawks statement, they have to be very confident that they’ve done everything proper or they never would’ve put out that strong with statement. On day 1.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I posted this on the main boards and will here.

In an bit of irony, when the Hawks were all over the news, this lady was accused by an indy blogger/twitterer of using her position (she was with the Blackhawks) to shame someone who accused her colleague (a photographer) of sexual assault. All of whom were indigenous. A bunch of screenshots sharing her convo with the alleged victim.

You can read the details here:

Odd.

"She has gaslighted victims and used cultural shame as retribution to protect Adam. She is not a safe person. She does not believe survivors."

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
It sounds more like a disgruntled employee that was not retained, and that she felt like they didn’t hed her advice about changing the logo and went around her and got the local Indian tribes to support it. If you read the Blackhawks statement, they have to be very confident that they’ve done everything proper or they never would’ve put out that strong with statement. On day 1.
I agree with your assessment of the Blackhawks statement.

According to the article that was posted on the main boards, they knew the lawsuit was coming since 2023. IMO, if they felt that they didn’t have an absolute slam dunk case, they would have settled out of court and tried to keep it out of the media.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ottawa will lose another 1st rounder and we win the 2025 lottery amirite????

laugh-laughing.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm going to find 20 plus posts making these same tired jokes on the main board aren't I?
At least 3 when I read through the thread. :laugh:

I'm actually kinda surprised. Outside of a few boneheaded "Hawks are scumbags." "f*** the Hawks" type of posts, most people on there are actually using their brain when it comes to this incident.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
At least 3 when I read through the thread. :laugh:

I'm actually kinda surprised. Outside of a few boneheaded "Hawks are scumbags." "f*** the Hawks" type of posts, most people on there are actually using their brain when it comes to this incident.
I counted 7 in the first two pages lol. Yeah that thread was surprisingly tame for the main boards.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Just stay away from the main boards. I was reading one of the Toronto game threads and there were legitimately complaining about black people on Canadian TV commercials.

I’d rather hang out with you degenerates any day of the week than those fools. <3

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If the team investigated and found nothing I gotta believe there's nothing because if there was something they would've cut a check in a nanosecond and this would never have been spoken about again.

Saying you're gonna buy land and employ people and not doing it is shitty if it happened but unless you've got it in writing it's not a breach of contract and a team as PR hyper aware as the Hawks are isn't backing out of contractual obligations.

Not gonna say she wasn't harassed because that's really shitty if it happened but I think this lady is fighting an extremely uphill battle.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just stay away from the main boards. I was reading one of the Toronto game threads and there were legitimately complaining about black people on Canadian TV commercials.

I’d rather hang out with you degenerates any day of the week than those fools. <3
It's fruitless. I think I've been trying to convince people to stay away from there for at least a decade at this point. :laugh:

I'll occasionally pop in to read some stuff that looks interesting, but I avoid posting. I only post on the trade/free agency type of boards here and there.

Reactions: Pez68

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Nice hire by Danny Boy.

This franchise needs an actual PR firm. Guilty or innocent, it's clown show after clown show. Beach, Rocky lighting himself on fire, Perry saga, this.

FFS, hire an A team and don't let the rookies make any more non hockey decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Nice hire by Danny Boy.

This franchise needs an actual PR firm. Guilty or innocent, it's clown show after clown show. Beach, Rocky lighting himself on fire, Perry saga, this.

FFS, hire an A team and don't let the rookies make any more non hockey decisions.

Why do people keep bringing up the Perry thing as a strike against the Blackhawks. It is literally exactly what they should have done given the situation. If anything, it should be used as evidence that the organization has changed.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Why do people keep bringing up the Perry thing as a strike against the Blackhawks. It is literally exactly what they should have done given the situation. If anything, it should be used as evidence that the organization has changed.
PR bumbling,

Local media slobbering all over new management for access doesn't mean they handled it well despite the emphatic assertions that they did. The GM never should have been the front man for that Perry mess and it wasn't their first rodeo on social media. It was CYA event, Hawks were sensitive. Perry was never even barred from playing was quickly signed after the settlement.

I'm not arguing they did right or wrong, just that they haven't shown anything that they've really figured out how to clean up after themselves. Bad hire in 2020 by Danny and a stupid disingenuous plan. That part is pretty clear.

I'll wait for the rest to play out before making an opinion on the rest. May be a real case, may be tossed out, I don't know but the Hawks never should have been here regardless.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
PR bumbling,

Local media slobbering all over new management for access doesn't mean they handled it well despite the emphatic assertions that they did. The GM never should have been the front man for that Perry mess and it wasn't their first rodeo on social media. It was CYA event, Hawks were sensitive. Perry was never even barred from playing was quickly signed after the settlement.

I'm not arguing they did right or wrong, just that they haven't shown anything that they've really figured out how to clean up after themselves. Bad hire in 2020 by Danny and a stupid disingenuous plan. That part is pretty clear.

I'll wait for the rest to play out before making an opinion on the rest. May be a real case, may be tossed out, I don't know but the Hawks never should have been here regardless.
If Davidson or higher isn't the guy giving the presser people would be upset the Hawks aren't taking it seriously. They're in a no win spot for awhile.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
If Davidson or higher isn't the guy giving the presser people would be upset the Hawks aren't taking it seriously. They're in a no win spot for awhile.
The president or owner should have been taking that if they were serious.

That's kind of the point about taking it seriously, they have a bunch of newbies making decisions. Hire some pros to make the decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The president or owner should have been taking that if they were serious.

That's kind of the point about taking it seriously, they have a bunch of newbies making decisions. Hire some pros to make the decisions.
Do you think Davidson is out there just winging it? Every pro tells the owner to throw out somebody else to take the heat because that's the job.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
If the Corey Perry thing is upsetting to you then you’re just looking to be upset. That whole situation came out of absolutely nowhere and they handled it as close to perfect as you could expect. Get real.

In 2024 people get upset just for the sake of saying they're upset. Whatever gets the most clicks, likes, follows, pats on the back etc.

We're living in the "everybody gets a trophy" age.

The movie 'Idiocracy' seems like it's a preview of the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad