Confirmed with Link: Eric Staal signed

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
I guess he is this years team version of Jumbo Joe Thornton...a part time player, good locker room presence. Provides depth down the middle, but probably better to not be playing in more than 30-40 games!

Likely L4 C/W, alternating with Cousins / Hornqvist, not considering bumps and bruises. Hopefully significant injuries are kind to the Panthers this year, the CAP situation being what it is; although that has not started out so well!

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What was THE point of this signing?
This team needs DEFENCE not more forwards.

Is Lundell or Luostarinen really sucked so badly Zito had no choice than bring Staal in.
Or am i missing something else?

Edit
I know Ekblad is once again injured so no need to remind it.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
I wonder why they decided to sign him, instead of bringing back Jumbo for another year... What more does he bring to the table ? Hasn't even played in the NHL last season, wasn't convincing in training camp. Or did Thornton not want to play here anymore ? Genuinely curious about that.

Reactions: harv33173

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I wonder why they decided to sign him, instead of bringing back Jumbo for another year... What more does he bring to the table ? Hasn't even played in the NHL last season, wasn't convincing in training camp. Or did Thornton not want to play here anymore ? Genuinely curious about that.
Staal has a history with our new coach. Jumbo doesn't.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad