Confirmed with Link: Eric Staal signed

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Good for him. I'm guessing we'll send him to the minors once everyone is healthy, but we could use some depth

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He looked toasted in pre season. Hopefully he can win faceoffs

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My concern with this is someone else gets optioned when Ekblad comes back. Why would he sign to play 3 games over the next month and go to the AHL? If it's just to be an extra body over the next month and no one goes down over him, whatever.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
My concern with this is someone else gets optioned when Ekblad comes back. Why would he sign to play 3 games over the next month and go to the AHL? If it's just to be an extra body over the next month and no one goes down over him, whatever.

Still 750k or 500k after taxes to hang out with some of your brothers.
Small change for you wide wallet ☺️

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
19 years later, the guy I wanted in that draft finally signs here.
lol I hear ya... I always wanted Horton.. I was young and back then thought it didn't matter to get a wing vs center.. boy was i wrong . Horton had some pretty great years for bruins tho

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
lol I hear ya... I always wanted Horton.. I was young and back then thought it didn't matter to get a wing vs center.. boy was i wrong . Horton had some pretty great years for bruins tho

I was always wanting a center that could be our Vincent Lecavalier. Big power center etc..
Then again, the team did have Jokinen and Weiss, and Horton's potential to be a scoring wing was intriguing too.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I was always wanting a center that could be our Vincent Lecavalier. Big power center etc..
Then again, the team did have Jokinen and Weiss, and Horton's potential to be a scoring wing was intriguing too.

BTW… Horton was drafted as a center, and there was hope he was gonna be that big number 1 powerforward center, and the floor was big scoring winger…

Loved Horton, think he should have had a monstrous career, but his body couldn’t hold up.

That man was terrifying out of junior…

Reactions: ShootIt

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Seems like they wanted staal no matter what, so they're making the move and dealing with the consequences later.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1666380966577.png

• Wow
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad