GDT: ECSF: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | Unsolved Mysteries :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So sitting here in the parking lots, as opposed to the previous games it looks like the Rangers fans largely stayed away from this one. Maybe 10% of the crowd from the first couple games here

Might be a bit of a boost to the Canes. Who knows

Reactions: Summer Rose

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I like both teams, have a soft spot for Carolina going back to the Whalers days but sorry to say NYR are. Finishing this off tonight. Canes brass will get the two pieces they need in the off season and actually spend some money. I think the Canes are due next year

They've been a cap team consistently since the 19-20 season.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I'm sure the Rangers will come with a better effort tonight. With a few exceptions they looked genuinely disinterested in game 5.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Thank goodness they did not start Wheeler. He was removed from the IR list, some thought he might be in. That would be a pure panic move there, cannot imagine he is anywhere near ready at all.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I feel like the Canes have a really good chance here to do the very rare thing of forcing a game 7 after being down 0-3. Packed barn with a bunch of screaming fans. I expect them to come out flying. Rangers aren't a joke either as I could see them stamp this one out. To say I'm excited for this game would be an understatement.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
d8uIFcN.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Officials are eventually gonna get burned on missing these pucks that come out of the zone, they've been constantly calling them safe and I feel at least 5 or 6 occasions across the 4 series they've been wrong but ultimately no goal got scored on the sequence, someone is gonna bury one 60 seconds after and have it come back

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Officials are eventually gonna get burned on missing these pucks that come out of the zone, they've been constantly calling them safe and I feel at least 5 or 6 occasions across the 4 series they've been wrong but ultimately no goal got scored on the sequence, someone is gonna bury one 60 seconds after and have it come back
They're not calling icing?

Rangers don't want any of this game seven shit it seems
Canes might have another monster third period. Staal looked 15 years younger.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
They're not calling icing?
I thought on that Rangers flurry the puck clearly came over the blue line but they said they kept it in. I've seen several now and a close replay of one in the FLA/BOS series showed it actually did fully come out and Boston probably had possession for close to 45 seconds in the zone after that, would have been a long goal callback if they scored

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I thought on that Rangers flurry the puck clearly came over the blue line but they said they kept it in. I've seen several now and a close replay of one in the FLA/BOS series showed it actually did fully come out and Boston probably had possession for close to 45 seconds in the zone after that, would have been a long goal callback if they scored
OK yes they are lax there. This isn't football. Plus fans hate the goal reviews.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Same story as last game early. NYR seems to be controlling the better zone time but Carolina keeps getting these odd man breakouts. Not sure I'd want to keep giving them all that space.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
How was that not too many men for NYR?

Looked so obvious the player who jumped onto the ice and attempted to play the puck jumped back onto the bench afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad