MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Put these bitches away tonight.

8qaifk.gif

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He's done enough to be kept around by the organization and I think he'll be in the starting 6 full time beginning next season.

For now? He's gonna be rusty as all get out and the Carolina crowd is gonna be rockin. If you're going to put him in his first NHL playoff game it had better be one of 7, not one of 6.

Did anyone else forget Chad Ruhwedel was on the roster? I sure did.
I’ll take rusty over dusty all day

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I would like for them to just call the game.

There's been a mission statement for as few penalties as possible since halfway through game 3.
wrong. starting game 4, and 5 Babymour complained that his teams abysmal performance on special teams was losing them the series.... so the officials went from calling 13-16 penalties a game.. to 6...

So the league, instead of calling the plays on the ice.. decides to give the canes a handicap that allows them to get back into the series.

This close to not watching this $hitshow sport anymore.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah I believe so but unless my eyes are deceiving me I've seen Trouba out there way too much on the 2nd unit these playoffs. Seems like both Gus and Trouba have been out there with the 2nd unit. There is zero reason Trouba should be on any pp especially one that is fighting to make it to the final four of the Stanley cup playoffs.
The only times I’ve seen Trouba out have been when the pp is about to end and it’s 2d.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
wrong. starting game 4, and 5 Babymour complained that his teams abysmal performance on special teams was losing them the series.... so the officials went from calling 13-16 penalties a game.. to 6...

So the league, instead of calling the plays on the ice.. decides to give the canes a handicap that allows them to get back into the series.

Ok, but what I said was wrong?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The only times I’ve seen Trouba out have been when the pp is about to end and it’s 2d.
Not sure about that. Last game he got just as much pp time as Fox/Gus albeit I know there wasn't much pp time to go around.
Game 3 he got 2 and half minutes to Gus' 3 minutes. Way too much time.
He should be getting zero time on the pp.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Ok, but what I said was wrong?
you said halfway through game 3...

don't take it personally. i'm on edge right now.

When they closed out this team 2 yrs ago in game 7... it was a brilliant game with Trouba knocking Jarvis into oblivion... scoring from all over the lineup.. and early. They kept their foot on the gas and the Canes' neck the whole game.

I'd like that game tonight please!

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
We don't have a functioning PP2 unit. Gus and Laf are the only players that really belong on that unit. Having Jones in the lineup would give you another puck handler on the blue line, but we have no triggerman. No one who is truly a threat that demands attention. So the canes can play their smothering, high-pressure PK style and we get nothing going. Maybe Othmann can be that guy, if he ever makes the big show.

From a practical perspective, I think you need to leave PP1 out there the whole time.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Depending on your goalie to get 40 saves every game is a tough way to win.

If the Rangers are in front going to the 3rd or in the 3rd and they turtle again, it's the coaching staff's fault.

If Fox was normal Fox, the Rangers would already be preparing for the next round. Sorry @Machinehead, but he is hurt. You don't have to be a doctor to see that.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Win tonight for me boys.

Have my brother in law’s wedding Saturday night. He and all the other groomsmen are NJD fans. Not sure there is enough whiskey at the bar to endure that.

Don’t want to be asking the board if anyone in here is a NJ divorce attorney on Monday.
Haha holy shit talk about nightmare scenario. Praying for you. 🙏🏻

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
If they start to struggle again, I would definitely look to get Laf in there somehow.

Also, play Fox the whole two minutes. I don't care if he's hurt, this is game 6 now.
Gus is good enough on PP2.

Replace Trouba and put Panarin out the entire 2 minutes. He doesn’t kill penalties and is one of the best in the league on the PP.

deploy Fox for only PP1. We can’t burn out our d-men, especially one with an injured knee.

Trouba doesn’t belong out there, despite his goal last game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Yeah this is the thing that is so irritating about the officiating.

"Just let them play" and swallowing the whistles implying it's going to give us the most pure hockey. That's only true if both teams play a clean game.

If you're swallowing the whistle while one team is getting away with 10 penalties and the other team is getting away with 4 penalties a period, you're literally allowing one team to have an unfair advantage over the opponent.

Special teams are a huge part of hockey and taking them out of the game you're changing the sport. Would NBA refs stop calling fouls late in playoff games? Do NFL refs stop calling penalties in playoff games? No. Say what you will about the quality of officiating across sports, but NFL refs will make a penalty call on literally a super bowl deciding play.

NHL refs not calling penalties in the interest of 'fairness' is such a backwards way of thinking. You don't want to call the ticky tack hook in the corner or the rough after the whistle, fine. But penalties that are obvious (too many men, Burns breaking his stick on Mika's back) not being called in favor of game management is ridiculous.

Most importantly though, the PP needs to deliver. They had a PP in the third after Carolina tied it up on a delay of game penalty, you had to know that was all you were getting, and they had a terrible PP with basically no pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad