Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think Monty might have saved his job.

Really good effort. Pasta was excellent and I thought Geekie played his best game of the year. Swayman saved the game in the end. But it was an excellent team effort all around.

Late in the third I kept thinking "damn, not scoring on those short handed breakaways might come back to haunt us" but it didn't. They held on for a change.

The hockey gods have decreed that "too many men" is just a Boston thing that will be with us forever apparently.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Understand the idea, but the goalie market is really bad right now. Elite goaltenders are only getting average skaters in return ... after guys like Matt Murray and Adin Hill have won Stanley Cups, the marginal benefit of spending a fortune for an elite goaltender over an average one seems somewhat small ... so teams aren't going to give up elite skaters for an elite goaltender.

It only takes one GM to overreact though.

I’d say there are going to be at least 4 teams who could convince themselves that Ullmark could be the difference between a long playoff run or and early exit or DNQ.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
NHL seemed to “fix” the Bennett GI with the Heinen non call.

As a fan I’ll take it but it just speaks to the overall issue with how the league runs things imo.

Doubt the bruins can win 2 more games playing the same way but at least we are guaranteed 1 more game to watch
Totally agree, it's bullshit game management by the league, would prefer they get both right instead of f*** up one and then have to have a make up call for the other

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
It only takes one GM to overreact though.

I’d say there are going to be at least 4 teams who could convince themselves that Ullmark could be the difference between a long playoff run or and early exit or DNQ.
Edmonton would be great but Ullmark probably says no and it’s not gonna get you anyone meaningful there.

Reactions: Gordoff

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Credit to monty for calling out the diving. Thats something atleast.

Huge game obviously, they still need to finish though, came pretty close to biting them in the ass a few times.

Maybe next games the refs will have those monty clips in mind :help:
Obvious that diving has been brought up behind closed doors it was Lundell who did a 180 and fell like shot after being lightly poked by Pasta game 4 they caught him doing it game 5 vs Coyle and Monty was simply reiterating that he's not the only one doing it

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Obvious that diving has been brought up behind closed doors it was Lundell who did a 180 and fell like shot after being lightly poked by Pasta game 4 they caught him doing it game 5 vs Coyle and Monty was simply reiterating that he's not the only one doing it
Beers on the radio broadcast made a point about the Bruins meeting with the Referee Supervisor and letting them know about the diving especially from Lundell. Beers also said the Kitties met with the Supervisor too, but didn't have any details, don't care either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad