Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Boston where grit goes to die. Bruins just doesn't have the scoring depth to win a 4 round playoff series. Florida is better and at some point, Pasternack will have a game that he is simply unable to be a factor. Scoring depth is where those goals happen matter.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Boston where grit goes to die. Bruins just doesn't have the scoring depth to win a 4 round playoff series. Florida is better and at some point, Pasternack will have a game that he is simply unable to be a factor. Scoring depth is where those goals happen matter.

You act like Pastrnak (notice the spelling) has actually been a factor in the games Boston has won. He hasn't. Boston is winning on almost pure scoring depth. Try watching the games, or at least checking the box score.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You act like Pastrnak (notice the spelling) has actually been a factor in the games Boston has won. He hasn't. Boston is winning on almost pure scoring depth. Try watching the games, or at least checking the box score.

Yeah I was gonna say we are still waiting for Pasta to have a dominant game. He has had games with some production and some games with a lot of chances, but he hasn’t had the big goal game, yet.

Reactions: BB79

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
What happen in round 1.... Did Boston have a free pass!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
O
After more than a decade of cheapshots and DOPS free pass, Marchand knows he's the last person who should be whining.
of course he does but for a team sport that shit can't be tolerated. Can you imagine the outrage if someone was rabbit punched to their temple and knocked the f*** out
in NBA\MLB.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
no need for him to complain about it when the entire Bruins org has spent the last 5 days doing it for him.

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit odd for a guy supposedly in concussion protocol to be giving interviews if he hasn't cleared.

He was able to have a full practice and made available to speak to the media afterwards. Usually that's the green light that he's good to go, unless he has some sort of setback tomorrow. These things don't always follow a linear path.

“He plays hard,” Marchand said. “He’s an extremely physical player, great player for the group. I think he got away with a shot. But I’m not going to complain. S— happens. That’s part of especially playoff hockey. I’ve been on the other side of a lot of plays. I think he got away with one. But that’s part of the game and definitely part of playoff hockey.

“It sucks to be on the other side of it. But that stuff happens. So I’m not going to sit here and complain about it. That’s part of the game. Yeah, I think he got away with one. But it is what it is.”

Marchand has a history of postseason aggression. He made his mark in 2011 by treating Daniel Sedin like a punching bag during the Stanley Cup Final. So Marchand is not one to whine about being on the other end of playoff belligerence.

“People don’t want to say it. But part of the playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team,” Marchand said. “The more guys you take out, the more advantage your team has. People don’t say that. But that’s just a fact of the game. So every time you step on the ice, someone’s trying to hurt someone. That’s just how it goes in the playoffs.

“Any time you can get an advantage on a team, it’s going to help your team win. That’s part of the benefit of having a physical group. That’s why you see teams go the distance with a big D corps and physical teams. It’s why you rarely see teams that are small and skilled go far, because they get hurt.”

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
He was able to have a full practice and made available to speak to the media afterwards. Usually that's the green light that he's good to go, unless he has some sort of setback tomorrow. These things don't always follow a linear path.

“He plays hard,” Marchand said. “He’s an extremely physical player, great player for the group. I think he got away with a shot. But I’m not going to complain. S— happens. That’s part of especially playoff hockey. I’ve been on the other side of a lot of plays. I think he got away with one. But that’s part of the game and definitely part of playoff hockey.

“It sucks to be on the other side of it. But that stuff happens. So I’m not going to sit here and complain about it. That’s part of the game. Yeah, I think he got away with one. But it is what it is.”

Marchand has a history of postseason aggression. He made his mark in 2011 by treating Daniel Sedin like a punching bag during the Stanley Cup Final. So Marchand is not one to whine about being on the other end of playoff belligerence.

“People don’t want to say it. But part of the playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team,” Marchand said. “The more guys you take out, the more advantage your team has. People don’t say that. But that’s just a fact of the game. So every time you step on the ice, someone’s trying to hurt someone. That’s just how it goes in the playoffs.

“Any time you can get an advantage on a team, it’s going to help your team win. That’s part of the benefit of having a physical group. That’s why you see teams go the distance with a big D corps and physical teams. It’s why you rarely see teams that are small and skilled go far, because they get hurt.”

Shots fired at Gryz

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
no need for him to complain about it when the entire Bruins org has spent the last 5 days doing it for him.

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit odd for a guy supposedly in concussion protocol to be giving interviews if he hasn't cleared
I was being partly tongue in cheek about it because it’s been talked about non stop. I think it was more of a face/head injury than concussion if he’s being cleared to be play. I’m not a dr and know nothing about the situation beyond anyone else though.

Just maintenance day I’m guessing?

Reactions: Ratsreign

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I was being partly tongue in cheek about it because it’s been talked about non stop. I think it was more of a face/head injury than concussion if he’s being cleared to be play. I’m not a dr and know nothing about the situation beyond anyone else though.

Just maintenance day I’m guessing?
Yes, those two in their places today wouldn’t be the ones practicing in their spots if they were really going to be out. Imo.

Looks like Mo will be putting Lomberg and Cousins back in

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
dhrT3W0.gif

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_8391.jpeg

Source

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
After more than a decade of cheapshots and DOPS free pass, Marchand knows he's the last person who should be whining.
This is just a weird take, but it doesn't surprise me with you of all people. Guy is farming beets in your head.

He's literally been suspended more than anyone in history. Imagine if your team had guys who would do anything to win? Your team probably wouldn't be the laughing stock of the entire NHL.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad