Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Now someone needs to figure out what Keefe said to Matthews, and what Matthews was saying to Nylander when he was looking his way. Shame there's not a better camera angle.

"Austin, how's your stomach doing? Those hot dogs I fed you were my mother's recipe from 1890"

"Fine coach.."

"Hey Willy, you got a Tums, my stomach feels like crap. Coach gave me bad hot dogs, I told him I didn't want relish too. I think I'm gonna get sick.."
I would trust your mothers 1890 recipe over whats in stores nowadays.

I would like to see Nylander on the Bruins, he at least gets it. Marner is too soft in my eyes.
Nylander runs from physical contact.

He would make Gryz look like Gladiator Maximus on this board.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Where would you even stick him? Sit Beecher?

JVR and Maroon are playing without edgework too :sarcasm:
This is the same reply I gave in the "Justing Brazeau thread.

"Although I really like Maroon and what I feel that he's contributed, I can't believe that he can go on playing each and every game if/when the Bruins advance. I also like Lauko but Maroon (and Braz) bring it.
When Maroon needs a game or two off, I want another physical specimen on the team to make room, and play on the PP. Braz was rally good at it and he's scored a few goals too. I just want another physical option, especially if/when they meet the Panthers"

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Agree but Marner at rock bottom

Toronto retains half and get Mitch to learn from Brad how to be a winner

Maybe Bergy takes him out to the 99 for lunch as well

Marner is Middleton like talent - Donny needs to get out his magic corn
I’m sure Marner could excel under real leadership, but can Toronto retain on his father too? Don’t want any of that Lindrosesque bullshit anywhere near our team.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remember last year when right before game 1 against Florida it came out that the whole team had the flu and that Krejci and Bergy were going to miss a few games?

That's the kind of cursed series Toronto is having now, but I don't feel sympathy for them

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Donny should swoop in get Marner at 50 % retained

Bring him here and let Marshy take him under his wing - show him how to play the right way and what it’s like to be a Bruins

Donny save Mitch !!!!
What's interesting is that none of them have demanded a trade yet. All the first round exits, game 7 embarrassments and losing to Zamboni drivers. They've accepted losing. Reilly and Eichel got out of Buffalo after they figured they couldn't fix it from within and immediately won cups. Have some pride

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

IMG_4702.jpeg

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I know we're all aware of how well Jeremy Swayman has been playing, but these numbers are just too eye-popping...

Swayman over the last two seasons + playoffs vs. the Maple Leafs
  • 7-0
  • 1.27 GAA
  • .959 Sv%
During the same time-frame, ALL OTHER goaltender average stats vs the Maple Leafs
  • 3.47 GAA
  • .891 Sv%

In other words, it has taken the Leafs an average of ~9 shots to score on an average NHL goalie, while it has taken the Leafs an average of ~24 shots to score a goal on Jeremy Swayman.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I know we're all aware of how well Jeremy Swayman has been playing, but these numbers are just too eye-popping...

Swayman over the last two seasons + playoffs vs. the Maple Leafs
  • 7-0
  • 1.27 GAA
  • .959 Sv%
During the same time-frame, ALL OTHER goaltender average stats vs the Maple Leafs
  • 3.47 GAA
  • .891 Sv%

In other words, it has taken the Leafs an average of ~9 shots to score on an average NHL goalie, while it has taken the Leafs an average of ~24 shots to score a goal on Jeremy Swayman.
I am sure everyone here is aware that Swayman thought the Leafs were going to draft him in 2017 as they were the team that talked to him most during his whole draft year. 4th round comes up, they draft Ian Scott, an ok Dub goalie at the time. Bruins draft him one pick after. No clue if this is personal for him, but I would guess he loves beating them just a bit more than the average team.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Everytime I hear someone worship Scotty Bowman I think of this......
It wasn't Bowman who said no to signing him. Orr's family sent a letter to Punch Imlach expressing interest to play for the Leafs. His response? The Maple Leafs do not sign 14 year Olds to contracts. Come and talk to us in a few years. Lucky for us, Bruins had no qualms about signing 14 year Olds. What a different world we would all live in if not for that huge costly mistake by the Leafs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If you think the Leafs will be Screaming for Vengeance.......You've Got Another Thing Coming.

:cool:
As long as the Bruins stay Locked In with All Guns Blazing, then Ram it Down the Leafs throats until Some Heads are Gonna Roll

After Delivering the Goods, the Bruins will move on to round 2, because the Leafs were Never the Heroes in this story. When it's all said and done the Leafs are gonna need a Painkiller when they're Out in the Cold.......then Here Comes the Tears

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Leaf fans are on the ledge waiting to jump. They are clinging to the Bruins record last year where they faltered. The Leafs will come out hard in the next game simply because their season depends on it. Bruins just have to match or better their intensity. The two Sesame Street characters Domi and Bert will put on their side show. Reaves will be Reaves out their intimidating smaller players trying to drag the Bruins into the gutter with him. Hopefully Bruins get some axillary scoring from bottom lines. 🙏

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad