Podcast (Audio) Do the Rangers need Eichel?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Question: If we trade for Eichel, is it a situation where he's really good in the regular season for a year or two and then takes one cross check to the neck or hit from behind in the playoffs and his career is over? I say this as someone who has seen this exact thing play out multiple times in NYR history.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Question: If we trade for Eichel, is it a situation where he's really good in the regular season for a year or two and then takes one cross check to the neck or hit from behind in the playoffs and his career is over? I say this as someone who has seen this exact thing play out multiple times in NYR history.

agreed, I feel like this is an actual reason Buffalo/Adams may be willing to cash out now

Reactions: bernmeister

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Question: If we trade for Eichel, is it a situation where he's really good in the regular season for a year or two and then takes one cross check to the neck or hit from behind in the playoffs and his career is over?
I don't know.

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey

Can’t say I remember many ranger trades where an injury derailed a trade. But that being said your point is valid, the injury and cash (50) has to be considered in the return.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Can’t say I remember many ranger trades where an injury derailed a trade. But that being said your point is valid, the injury and cash (50) has to be considered in the return.
Bure and Lindros come to mind.
Also Ryan Clowe as a rental.

Last edited:

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Bure and Lindros come to mind.

Both players were cooked when the rangers acquired them tho. Id say both players were far more done then eichel at this point as lindros and bure missed time multiple seasons for similar injuries that did them in with the rangers.

Now the issue with eichel certainly is 1 injury to the back is much more likely to derail the career.

Personally i have been on the no train. I always thought eichel was over rated and his stats werent that great but then i looked at them further and they were better then i gave credit. I think my position is the rangers need more goal scoring and i have been a fan of strome and his chemistry with panarin eichel would add about 9 goals more on the low end then strome with the possibility to double stromes production.

I have little issue with the rangers flipping assets because there are so many pieces with very few roster spots up for grabs. Lafrienere and kakko is a no go. I would also want buffalo to retain 2 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad