Djurgården IF vs Timrå IK

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Now when Timrå has a 2-0 lead in this playoff to stay in the SHL or go back down to Allsvenskan. I can't help feeling a bit happy about Timrå being in the front seat in this playoff now! for obvious reasons, but im still afraid of that Swedish hockey will take a major blow if we don't have any Capital team in our highest league...

Selfish for me i want Timrå IK to win this much closer for me to see top hockey! but on the otherhand I feel we need to have atleast 1 team in our highest league from the capital so the sport wont die out in media etc...

Am i wrong and just plain stupid and have nothing to worry about?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Arguably HV71 is as important for viewership and media exposure. The SHL has been fine without one or two really big teams here and there every season - Leksand, HV71, even Djurgården a few years back. Maybe if there are 5 or 6 really small teams in the SHL the league would feel the difference.

That being said, the league is more fun with Djurgården in it, especially with a good Djurgården. Just not the same with a playoff series Örebro/Rögle/Växjö/Skellefteå as a Färjestad/Djurgården/Frölunda one, but might be a generational thing.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad