Did the NHL intentionally make up for the goalie interference call in the Florida-Boston series?

Did they?

• Total voters

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm the farthest thing from a Boston fan. My stance is the first call Florida scored shouldn't have been ruled a good goal, but this McAvoy shot should indeed have counted.

It's a weird area; I can't recall any goals off my head where Team A crosschecks a player from Team B into the goalie of Team B.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Well it honestly felt like it. That Bennett goal was all the talk after game4 - imagine they call again to Floridas favour.

Now it's "settled" and there's less heat on the reffs.

Ever seen this; a coach cries to the media and it affects the reffing rest of the series .. yeah

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
only one goalie had a chance to reset and make a play

They probably both could’ve been called back. We’ve all seen much less contact be ruled interference.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Boston’s was a good goal, Panther knocked his own goalies stick away. Panthers goal counting is a joke.

Reactions: bov

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Bob had his stick outside blue paint it got hit under normal in front of the net battled.

So you cannot call interference.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bob had his stick outside blue paint it got hit under normal in front of the net battled.

So you cannot call interference.
They were looking at the Bs stick that pushed Bob’s skate and knocked him a bit off balance. The stick drop was irrelevant for the reason you stated.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I figured out the goalie interfernce inconsistencies. The policy in Toronto ia to flips a coin, heads goal and tails no goal.
Do you think they use DOPS coin or do they have their own?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Well it honestly felt like it. That Bennett goal was all the talk after game4 - imagine they call again to Floridas favour.

Now it's "settled" and there's less heat on the reffs.

Ever seen this; a coach cries to the media and it affects the reffing rest of the series .. yeah
Some are more subtle than others. Some coaches just flash gang signs.

Reactions: D Wakaluk

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
It's a weird area; I can't recall any goals off my head where Team A crosschecks a player from Team B into the goalie of Team B.
I'm old enough and remember it happened at least once. The team I root for (Red Wings) won game 7 on exactly the same goal in late 90s. I was young and stupid and thought it is fine if you are on the winning side.

Karma is a bitch though as then I've seen countless clean Holmstrom goals disallowed in the playoffs :)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We had a ref caught on tape managing a game. (Forgot his name)
The league absolutely directs their officials to manage games. So why not manage a series?

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I am half convinced they literally flip a coin to decide on goalie interference challenges.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am looking to forward to all the Boston ref experts who spent the last week crying to show how honest they are about this.
My honest opinion on this one? Yes, there is some super soft contact with the goalies right pad, enough to push his skate back a bit. Bobrovsky then resets and comes out to cut down the angle on a shot and gets beat clean. To me, it's a goal.

The problem is that there is no standard or threshold on these GI calls. The rulings are so all over the place that nobody knows what to expect any more. They'd be better off playing rock paper scissors at center ice and moving on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad