Prospect Info: Development Camp ‘23

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Trying to get a hold of my QMJHL source, but Elite Prospects has Frederic Brunet back in the QMJHL for next season as an overager. I had heard he and the Bruins were close to signing. I will double check because now I am curious.

So, Brunet is on Victoriaville Tigres roster for camp. And they did open up an overage spot. However, that's not a 100% guarantee that he will return to the QMJHL. It's totally up to the Bruins.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe in two years we'll have

Lindholm ( 31 ) -- McAvoy ( 27 )

Lohrei ( 24 ) -- Carlo ( 28 )

Brunet ( 21 ) -- Mast ( 22 )
That's a large dcorps. Would be a lovely thing to see. I think Brunet is the prospect that I'm most excited to follow. He seems to have so much going for him, it's interesting to see from a 5th rounder

It's refreshing to see them slowly getting away from the Rafalski types, as much as I appreciate what they bring, we definitely could have used more muscle in the PO.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Camp Invites, AHL Contracts

Ryan Kirwan, full disclosure, I have a thing for that old Green Bay team he was on along with Lohrei and Schmaltz, that said he preformed well,good size,skatings average, hands average showed good hockey IQ he's the type of College Free Agent that I like, solid role player that can do a bit of everything and help with depth,worth an AHL contract? Sure

Owen Pederson is a big boy, unfortunately skating holds him back, otherwise he'll have a decent career in the minors, hands and shot are very good, he liked to mix it up in positional drills,good motor,efforts there, he just needs to find a step,I suspect he'll be up and down from Maine to start

Ethan Ritchie ,very impressive camp, + skater, moves the puck like the little guys do, vision, touch,IQ were all in display this week, absolutely should have been drafted by someone, our gain
I might be misreading the situation but there's no way he doesn't start in Providence
if I am he's the next Ryan Button...

Blake Smith, 6'4 211 18 years old that plays left D and plays it well, nice feet for a big dude, won lots of 1v1 battles, impressive recovery speed, strong work along the boards, unfortunately he has no offense,like zero, nada, zilch,nil nevertheless his defense alone should have gotten him drafted

Hlib Artsatbanov, excellent showing by the young Ukrainian, extremely quick and positionally sound, not the biggest goalie out there and needs to fill out but that will happen over time, wasn't drafted by any league in their import draft that I know of, interesting 🤔

Finally Derek Mullahy, showed really well this week, makes me wonder why he hasn't gotten more starts for Harvard , technically solid, on the smaller size but there's plenty of successful NCAA goalies that are his size ,hopefully wins the starter job this season

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Ryan Kirwan, full disclosure, I have a thing for that old Green Bay team he was on along with Lohrei and Schmaltz, that said he preformed well,good size,skatings average, hands average showed good hockey IQ he's the type of College Free Agent that I like, solid role player that can do a bit of everything and help with depth,worth an AHL contract? Sure

Owen Pederson is a big boy, unfortunately skating holds him back, otherwise he'll have a decent career in the minors, hands and shot are very good, he liked to mix it up in positional drills,good motor,efforts there, he just needs to find a step,I suspect he'll be up and down from Maine to start

Ethan Ritchie ,very impressive camp, + skater, moves the puck like the little guys do, vision, touch,IQ were all in display this week, absolutely should have been drafted by someone, our gain
I might be misreading the situation but there's no way he doesn't start in Providence

Blake Smith, 6'4 211 18 years old that plays left D and plays it well, nice feet for a big dude, won lots of 1v1 battles, impressive recovery speed, strong work along the boards, unfortunately he has no offense,like zero, nada, zilch,nil nevertheless his defense alone should have gotten him drafted

Hlib Artsatbanov, excellent showing by the young Ukrainian, extremely quick and positionally sound, not the biggest goalie out there and needs to fill out but that will happen over time, wasn't drafted by any league in their import draft that I know of, interesting 🤔

Finally Derek Mullahy, showed really well this week, makes me wonder why he hasn't gotten more starts for Harvard , technically solid, on the smaller size but there's plenty of successful NCAA goalies that are his size ,hopefully wins the starter job this season
I really liked Pedersen, Ritchie and Artsatbanov.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Very impressed with the invites but not surprising they have a half dozen who have played in the NHL including Iafallo who just got dealt for PLD, Hathaway, Tanev

Ritchie & the Ukraine goalie look like keepers to me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can tell you Ritchie had 4 offers. He chose the Bruins for two reasons, first being he likes the way they develop defenseman
I have felt they develop defensemen the way Steelers linebackers and Dodgers pitching

Glad this is what players think

Congrats to Sweeney and his staff for getting to this point with prospects

Reactions: BronxBruin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
2023 Draft picks

Mamouth Kristian Kostadinski had himself quite the week. After being mortified by his lack of mobility and questioning the "upside" at what looked to be a wasted pick I watched him play vs his peers and changed my tune.
He's well schooled on how to defend, doesn't unnecessarily chase, knows where to go, is physical and clears the crease with ease, he was a vacuum cleaner any time they tried to attack his side and his skating became noticeably better from Monday to Friday, he's a very long term project that just turned 18, everything that's a flaw is fixable

Casper Nassen who is an overager by 1 year showed a bit more polish than many of his peers, another one I was initially skeptical about with his foot work but once the sessions changed from skating around cones to more game like situations he shined a bit more, first couple of steps are heavy but he's a powerful skater, big dude with soft hands and a lethal shot,deadly in tight,now the interesting part is where will he play next year,he doesn't start College till 2024,hopefully ends up in North America sooner than later

Ryan Walsh is a double overager who had a decent camp, effort and motor looked fine, sneaky shot, was responsible defensively , I still have questions about his skating, not sure if there's much upside if any? Some of my peers thought he had a strong camp
I'll track him at Cornell this year and we'll see

Beckett Hendrickson,just a solid prospect who had a very strong camp, a typical well trained NTDP player, I was impressed with his hands/vision combo, + shot, high IQ who looks to be on a similar path like Andre Gasseau, extra year in the USHL should do wonders for his offensive game, the one negative I have with him is he's very light

Chris Pelosi, Dude is a dirt dog, always in the middle of the action, hunts the puck relentlessly, max effort, forced turnovers all week, you notice him when he's on the ice, never backs down, skating was slightly above average , hands/shot are good but I think there's room for improvement , hell of a pick!

I'll cover the invites next
Love the Pelosi pick - Sweens has upgraded the scouting staff the 2-3 years and when you see gems like Poitras, Pelosi, Locmelis and a high end camp invite like Ritchie that’s impressive

Unfortunately the regular season isn’t that important but if it was the Bruins since Keith Gretzky departed in august of 2016 the Bruins own the best record in hockey and have several prospects like Lysell & Lohrei knocking at the door

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Love the Pelosi pick - Sweens has upgraded the scouting staff the 2-3 years and when you see gems like Poitras, Pelosi, Locmelis and a high end camp invite like Ritchie that’s impressive

Unfortunately the regular season isn’t that important but if it was the Bruins since Keith Gretzky departed in august of 2016 the Bruins own the best record in hockey and have several prospects like Lysell & Lohrei knocking at the door

Awesome, good to know. I have pick 84 in our draft. If he's there I expect a good offer for the pick to be offered on the back deck.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Awesome, good to know. I have pick 84 in our draft. If he's there I expect a good offer for the pick to be offered on the back deck.
Your boy Good Adam says he sucks or was it the guys watching him are fan boys or all of above

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can’t trade D after dealing Schmidt

Pelosi 4-5 years away

Peart close

I’ll give you my next 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad