Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
When I see D's in 2024... I'm very happy that we have Reinbacher. He would be in same tier on my list this year with Leshunov, Buium and Dickinson.
You’ve identified the three top D’s IMO this year, but be honest, DR isn’t above any of those three. He is in the mix for a top 12, but even Silayev is getting picked before because of his mammoth size (moar size scouts won’t keep away). Parehk has like a zillion points so someone is biting. I guess Yakemchuk is below DR but he’s got his minions too :laugh:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Nobody is worried about that? Does he strikes you as a guy who welcomes that kinda of pressure? Any chance our psychologist would have had a different opinion than our hockey guys?
his demeanor reminds me of Carey Price's - i wouldn't read too much into giving the media a coy answer to a question he will hear 1000 times

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nobody is worried about that? Does he strikes you as a guy who welcomes that kinda of pressure? Any chance our psychologist would have had a different opinion than our hockey guys?
No.

Let's see how he does on the ice. That's what will tell the tale.

Now if he had said 'I'm kind of like a God...'

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No.

My point is this.....they bring that psychologist when it's time to interview kids. It has to count for something or else they wouldn't hire him to do that. I just wonder how he scored and if it wasn't enough for them to change their minds if the end result was ''Well, not sure he will fare well in this market''.....

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
No.

kanye-a-god.gif

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah same here. Not everyone is Slafkovsky. Reinbacher seems like a very humble and quiet young man. I don’t think he is unwilling to play under pressure. I just think he is not the kind of guy who likes to make noise and bring the spotlight on him with big statements
His selection last season by the Habs has already brought lots of (some very bad and ugly) light on the kid and his parents. I am confident he will do very well under these sad circumstances.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I mean it's a somewhat self-aware take which is probably a good thing to have in our media environment.

All indications is that management does put a lot of emphasis on the psychological aspects, Hughes has talked about it a few times in interviews, and Bobrov had an interview where he talked a lot about how that "character" type evaluation is really what seperates the players who make it and those who bust.

That said I would assume that character/psychological evaluation is mostly driven by the scouts and not the actual psychologist opinion. The psychologist is probably there to more to catch the red flags and someone like Lecavalier is there to say if this kid handle the pressure evaluation. But's that's just my guess.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
You’ve identified the three top D’s IMO this year, but be honest, DR isn’t above any of those three. He is in the mix for a top 12, but even Silayev is getting picked before because of his mammoth size (moar size scouts won’t keep away). Parehk has like a zillion points so someone is biting. I guess Yakemchuk is below DR but he’s got his minions too :laugh:
Reinbachers DY was just as or more impressive than most the guys you named.

Put him in NCAA w Denver he dominates.

Put Levshunov in the Kloten shitshow this year is he as highly touted ?

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Has anyone here truly watched Reinbacher considerably enough in Laval to give us good feedbacks ?

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
People talk like putting up 0.5 ppg in Swiss league during your draft year is common 😂

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
People talk like putting up 0.5 ppg in Swiss league during your draft year is common 😂
I don’t think he sucks or anything remotely close to that. I think he’ll be a definite top 4 for our team. It’s hard to go by a hypothetical and parachute someone in a different draft and grading him against his “ peers”…

All I’m saying is that the three D identified by KevS are probably going before DR with an outside chance of someone else getting in there because scouts fall in love with other prospects for a variety of reasons.

Am I wrong? Who knows. But I’m certainly not dissing DR here. I just happen to think the three are maybe better prospects.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What are your thoughts?

Same thoughts since he was drafted. He's a great skater and his size with his reach is a problem for attackers. His smarts and poise are on display. He's competitive but not physical. He engages when necessary but doesn't seek to punish people.

Quick reads, quick puck movement, excellent in support offensively. Has a good shot that he needs to use more.

Has some adaptation to do regarding positioning against speed in the neutral zone.

He's a top pair defenseman who will get points from moving the attack forward. Basically he kills plays, gets puck back, identifies the right option quickly or has the poise to wait until the right option opens up. Moves the puck and gets up ice to support the attack.

Minute eating defenseman. Great player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Same thoughts since he was drafted. He's a great skater and his size with his reach is a problem for attackers. His smarts and poise are on display. He's competitive but not physical. He engages when necessary but doesn't seek to punish people.

Quick reads, quick puck movement, excellent in support offensively. Has a good shot that he needs to use more.

Has some adaptation to do regarding positioning against speed in the neutral zone.

He's a top pair defenseman who will get points from moving the attack forward. Basically he kills plays, gets puck back, identifies the right option quickly or has the poise to wait until the right option opens up. Moves the puck and gets up ice to support the attack.

Minute eating defenseman. Great player.

I don't see him as a great skater and I don't know about smarts and poise as he has been very inconsistent over the year so it's hard to say but I didn't see a lot of smarts of poise.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't see him as a great skater and I don't know about smarts and poise as he has been very inconsistent over the year so it's hard to say but I didn't see a lot of smarts of poise.
If Reinbacher was like that I highly doubt Hughes would have taken him 5th. Especially knowing next draft is loaded with first pairing Defensemen. Hughes passed on real good player in Leonard. He must seen a lot in Reinbacher

Reactions: jaffy27

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
wow, still a bitter aftertaste remaining from last years draft around here!

I haven’t seen Reinbacher live yet so it’s stupid to compare him to others in this years draft I’ve not watched live. His chemistry with Hutson seemed to be authentic last year so I’m looking forward to that developing. This kids got all the tools to be a very good D, go Habs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
After playing for the Rocket...............was there a report on his season albeit short, with the Rocket?
Did he adapt to the smaller ice surface as well as needed?
Still early but hopefully this experience will help for next year, whethere with the big club or the Rocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad