Darren Dutchyshen - 1966–2024

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Damn, very sad news. I always liked Darren, seemed like a good person and character. My condolences go out to his family & friends.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
RIP.

TSN’s sports centre was a big part of my after school routine after I stopped watching cartoons for a few years. Dutchie always seemed like a larger than life figure. His humour, on air presence and personality were bar none

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Metastasis Prostate cancer.
Very sad news.
Guys if you have trouble starting or stopping your pee, go see the doctor. A simple blood test to check your PSA can save your life.

Great comment.

it's covered under OHIP with a DR's referral.

It's $35 without.

It's worth $35 to do it every year once you hit 40.

Don't wait until you are in your 50's

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
RIP.

TSN’s sports centre was a big part of my after school routine after I stopped watching cartoons for a few years. Dutchie always seemed like a larger than life figure. His humour, on air presence and personality were bar none

TSN in the 90’s were so much fun, I miss Jim Van Horne’s iconic moustache

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I was lucky enough to get to him know him in a very minor way going to high school with and being buddies with his younger son. An absolute gem of a human, one of those few guys who universally everyone enjoys watching/ listening to in terms of sports media. He will be missed greatly. He became a bit of a local legend in Aurora. If you were lucky you might catch him in the summer at the lcbo in nothing but a tank top and gym shorts looking like a beast and filling one of their little buggies up with booze, the guy was a beauty in every imaginable way. I even had him as a friend on Xbox, you’d see him log on at some grotesque hour of the night when he got home from work and we’d be wasted on the couch just happy to see Dutchy logging on.

Reactions: Peasy and CanMerc

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Metastasis Prostate cancer.
Very sad news.
Guys if you have trouble starting or stopping your pee, go see the doctor. A simple blood test to check your PSA can save your life.
Definitely a good idea. Many of the symptoms can mirror an enlarged prostate which is very common but it never hurts to check especially into your 40s and beyond.

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Definitely a good idea. Many of the symptoms can mirror an enlarged prostate which is very common but it never hurts to check especially into your 40s and beyond.
This is exactly right and in my case it was just that. Regular PSA should be between 0.0-4.0
Above 4 and it is suspicious. Above 10 and it becomes a concern. Mine was at 38.9.
Did all the tests, mri’s, ultrasounds, ct scans PSMA scan and a biopsy.
Turns out my number is normal for me.
This all came from that simple bloodtest that I asked my doctor for because of those symptoms.
Get it done boys.

Reactions: CanMerc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad