Proposal: Chicago moving up

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Can't speak for other teams in that range, but I'm pretty sure the Wild would prefer to have #13.
What if they threw in the 34th as well they would move down seven spots get a high 2nd and mid 2nd also gain a solid defensive 4-5 vet rhd and a young struggling player who can come in on a deeper forward core and reclaim his shine as a future top six player while producing on the 3rd line

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What if they threw in the 34th as well they would move down seven spots get a high 2nd and mid 2nd also gain a solid defensive 4-5 vet rhd and a young struggling player who can come in on a deeper forward core and reclaim his shine as a future top six player while producing on the 3rd line
It'd be more tempting with Reichel and Murphy out of it. 20th + 34th + 54th for 13th seems worth considering, but it'd require some pointed opinions about this draft that I don't personally have.

Reichel is interesting, but no more so than prospects that he'd be competing with in Minnesota (like Ohgren). Murphy at $4.4m for 2 more years is probably more of a problem than an asset to the Wild, who already have Faber and Spurgeon and little cap room.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
It'd be more tempting with Reichel and Murphy out of it. 20th + 34th + 54th for 13th seems worth considering, but it'd require some pointed opinions about this draft that I don't personally have.

Reichel is interesting, but no more so than prospects that he'd be competing with in Minnesota (like Ohgren). Murphy at $4.4m for 2 more years is probably more of a problem than an asset to the Wild, who already have Faber and Spurgeon and little cap room.
So take those two players out and add 26th 3rd and 25th 5th

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are you saying that CBH adds 34th oa on top of the original offer? Cause if so, then it's a "yes" to me, as a Wild fan. All depends on who is there at #13, though. If it's Catton, then I am taking him. You can keep Reichel and definitely Murphy.

20th + 34th + 54th for 13oa, is more than fair, though again it depends on who is around at #13.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast and Bazeek

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It depends on the draft and drop ofsin talent.

In 2012 Buff trades 21 and a 2nd in low 40s to CGY for 14. CGY was out of a 2nd

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If the top 12 goes chalk, and I know that I could still get Chernyshov/Hage (obviously unknowable), I'd give good consideration to #20 + 2025 Toronto 1st for #13.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Honestly, Sabres should be all over that.
Of course they would because thats an insane offer!
If the hawks want to jump 10 spots, id consider 20th plus two seconders or 20th and maybe torontos (but I’d take pause onthat second offer depending on who’s available at that time)

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
20th+murphy+reichel+54th to say a team like the wild if a d man is still there

Paying that for a jump up a few spots is overpayment and nonsensical

pick #20, pick#34 (2nd rd), 2025 Toronto 1st and Reichel for a pick in 8-12 range

Trading all that to move to 8-12 range is nonsensical and would be horrific

Even in NFL your not getting anything like that to make such small move up

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Paying that for a jump up a few spots is overpayment and nonsensical

Trading all that to move to 8-12 range is nonsensical and would be horrific

Even in NFL your not getting anything like that to make such small move up
We are talking one of Yakemchuk, Buium, parekh, Dickinson or maybe one of Levshunov or silayev drops if you get into that no.8 -10 spot or you get another high end forward prospect. I could see jersey be willing to move up if you give em mrazek who looked good despite a losing record of he repeats his play he could be the devils starter 20th, 25 2nd, 26 4th and mrazek for 10. Or maybe something to Ottawa for 7th but that would cost throwing in lardis plus the 2nd round picks I also believe they have toronto's 25 1st which could be used to move up or they could use their draft capital and get necas.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I could Buffalo moving down, although they probably only do it if it makes their team better now.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
20th+murphy+reichel+54th to say a team like the wild if a d man is still there

That's such a haul to cough up to move into that range. If Chicago were willing to do something like that...i'd have to imagine Buffalo would come calling. Pick up a Top-4 stay-at-home RHD on a reasonable contract, a 1st round pick that is arguably not that much less valuable depending on where you see the "drop off", and a prospect forward like Reichel who still has plenty of upside himself? That's a no-brainer for their situation imo. But kind of goofy from Chicago.

The OP is referring to moving up from their later draft pick they got from Tampa, not #2OA.

It doesn't really make sense though. If you're Chicago and already have Pick#2...you can get yourself one heck of a defenceman there. Then you don't have to go chasing so much to pick up another forward with upside with that later pick.

Even if you go to move up a little bit from that Tampa pick...it shouldn't cost you that. But either way, should put them in a great spot to pick up another forward to get into the mix, as long as they don't get hyper-fixated on adding size up front or something.

Reactions: wetcoast

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hawks need to stay put if the asking price for 13th oa is 20th + 34th oa. The 34th oa is a premium pick and to move up 7 spots from an already good spot to draft from is rich. 20th + 34th oa should return at-least 10th.

The most likely thing to happen is Hawks package together two of their 50-75 picks + the 34th oa to move up 6-8 spots like they did with Rinzel. Teams that are interested in moving back usually have shallow prospect pools that are offered a slight overpay. Also teams that don't have many picks on draft day like LA Kings and Toronto (sitting at 21st and 23rd oa)

Last edited:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
That's such a haul to cough up to move into that range. If Chicago were willing to do something like that...i'd have to imagine Buffalo would come calling. Pick up a Top-4 stay-at-home RHD on a reasonable contract, a 1st round pick that is arguably not that much less valuable depending on where you see the "drop off", and a prospect forward like Reichel who still has plenty of upside himself? That's a no-brainer for their situation imo. But kind of goofy from Chicago.

It doesn't really make sense though. If you're Chicago and already have Pick#2...you can get yourself one heck of a defenceman there. Then you don't have to go chasing so much to pick up another forward with upside with that later pick.

Even if you go to move up a little bit from that Tampa pick...it shouldn't cost you that. But either way, should put them in a great spot to pick up another forward to get into the mix, as long as they don't get hyper-fixated on adding size up front or something.
I imagine a team like the sens or jersey bites at the idea

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I imagine a team like the sens or jersey bites at the idea

I don't see Noisy Joisy being in on a RHD-based package. They're beyond set there. Between Dougie, Marino, Nemec, and Hughes can play there comfortably as well.

But yeah...the Sens would be another team in addition to Buffalo that i could see jumping on the chance to move back a small handful of spots for that solid but unspectacular RHD, plus a good prospect, plus another piece of significant draft capital.

The real question is just...why would Chicago want to do that? That's so much value to cough up when there's a far more reasonable value-maximizing strategy rolled out right in front of them like a Red Carpet.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I think Levshunov at #2 and the Blackhawks should be able to score a player ranked 15-18 at #20 as other teams ALWAYS pick off the board at the middle of first round…so maybe a winger Trevor Connelly or Liam Greentree is there at #20?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad