Confirmed with Link: Chiarot to Detroit (4x $4.75)

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I absolutely hate this signing. I watched him a ton with the Jets (lived in Nunavut while he played in Winnipeg, and they were the only local broadcasts we got).

This guy is not good. At all. He’s a pylon. He will be the slowest player on the ice by a lot. He constantly puts himself out of position to make hits. The term is too long, and the money is too high.
The term and money aren't out there yet unless I'm missing something or you were joking.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I love it.
Big minute guy.
LD.
Plays PK.
EXACTLY what we needed.
Takes some pressure off Seider and Hronek and especially Edvinsson/Johansson.
Also is still somewhat physical. Wish he was a faster skater as the Wings D is not super fast at all

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I'm really curious what the pairings look like here.

Edit: I will say that a Klingberg signing actually makes things clearer, whether or not that actually happens. His mobility makes a lot of sense to hedge against Chiarot and Maata coming in.

Edvinsson - Seider
Chiarot - Klingberg
Maata - Hronek/Lindstrom
Walman - Oesterle

starts to look like an NHL defense.

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
For some perspective, this was Detroit's defense three seasons ago:

DeKeyser-Green
Daley-Hronek
Ericsson-Biega
Cholowski-Bowey

Trending up BIG time.
Exactly. For those worried about contract info, look at the crap that we recently have seen on the ice. Tanking 10 years in a row won't fix anything.

You don't have to love every signing, but you can't argue this won't be a better team to watch this year. Guys will actually be playing roles they should be, and our young stars will have talent around them to make them better and protect them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad