GDT: Cesko vs Swiss

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sorry, I actually didn‘t notice it was you who posted it; I had a bit of a tunnel vision at that moment, so to speak. I know you: you‘re a staunch Devils fan and you‘ve always been a supporter of Nico too. Had I seen it was you, I would have known that you were joking. My bad!
All is well, my man.
With the Swiss squad in NJ more of the Swiss fans should root for NJ. It’s bittersweet to watch them play in this tournament.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I'm often on the NJ games threads even though the games time are pretty bad for European lol

So I'm absolutely cheering for NJ
Hischier and Meier started figuring some things out towards the end of the season once Timo started to feel better. If they could stay healthy I expect a nice bounce back season for both of them and the team.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Hischier and Meier started figuring some things out towards the end of the season once Timo started to feel better. If they could stay healthy I expect a nice bounce back season for both of them and the team.

Yeah Timo started to put up a lot of points and goals just after he said that he is feeling better, I expect him to be big next year

It was a though year for him and the team but still managed to have almost 30 goals

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
With the Swiss squad in NJ more of the Swiss fans should root for NJ. It’s bittersweet to watch them play in this tournament.
Well, I have been a Bruins fan since 2003, when I moved there and lived there many years. Simply put, I‘ll be a Bruins fan forever.

But NJ has a sizable spot in my heart because of all the Swiss players there. Plus, to be honest, outside of my Bruins, they‘re the most likable team in the East, in my opinion. Even the fans tend to be nice, even though I noticed that there‘s quite a few with a hatred of the Bruins, which puzzles me because I don‘t think that there is that much history between these two teams, nothing enough to cause that kind of feelings.
I also believe that many Swiss fans must‘ve a bit of a liking for them too, on account again of the Swiss colony there.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Well, I have been a Bruins fan since 2003, when I moved there and lived there many years. Simply put, I‘ll be a Bruins fan forever.

But NJ has a sizable spot in my heart because of all the Swiss players there. Plus, to be honest, outside of my Bruins, they‘re the most likable team in the East, in my opinion. Even the fans tend to be nice, even though I noticed that there‘s quite a few with a hatred of the Bruins, which puzzles me because I don‘t think that there is that much history between these two teams, nothing enough to cause that kind of feelings.
I also believe that many Swiss fans must‘ve a bit of a liking for them too, on account again of the Swiss colony there.
The issue with the Bruins is based on NJ being part of the “tri-state area” along with NYC the surrounding suburbs including the Connecticut shore up to about Bridgeport/New Haven. Many Devils fans are also fans of the Yankees or Knicks or Nets or Jets or Giants and in that capacity will be down on Boston because of the Pats and Celtics and Sox (pronounced “Sawks” by the locals).

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The issue with the Bruins is based on NJ being part of the “tri-state area” along with NYC the surrounding suburbs including the Connecticut shore up to about Bridgeport/New Haven. Many Devils fans are also fans of the Yankees or Knicks or Nets or Jets or Giants and in that capacity will be down on Boston because of the Pats and Celtics and Sox (pronounced “Sawks” by the locals).
Ohhh that‘s why. Yeah I understand. The rivalry Boston / NY (and neighboring areas). Now that‘s a pickle, lol.

As for myself, the funny part is that my first taste of American sports was when I worked a couple of years in NYC in the mid 90s. I saw a few Rangers and Knicks games at MSG. I got to see Gretzky in person, a moment I will cherish forever.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad