Prospect Info: C Stephan Halliday (104th Overall)

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
20 year old going to Ohio State for his first year in the fall. Idk what to think on this one, but we have time. He definitely has some tools

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Big (6'4) breakout overager. Just turned 20 last weekend. 2nd in league scoring (35g/95pts).

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Like with Sokolov, if you had drafted him in the 7th in 2020 when he was first eligible you'd be thrilled with his progress.

95 points in 62 games in the USHL is extremely impressive. I liked what I saw from him when I watched him play against the USNTDP. Has talent.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Like with Sokolov, if you had drafted him in the 7th in 2020 when he was first eligible you'd be thrilled with his progress.

95 points in 62 games in the USHL is extremely impressive. I liked what I saw from him when I watched him play against the USNTDP. Has talent.

Do we know why he has waited so long to start at Ohio State? Its not like they are a hockey juggernaut, he should be able to crack the lineup no?

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Here's your UND connection. A long time ago, when he was talked about as a first rounder, he committed to UND. Then he got to juniors and apparently couldn't skate. He struggled, tumbled out of the draft, and he and UND parted ways ( not sure the story there). He then chose OSU and must have improved as he killed the USHL this year.

In the sense that he's good at hockey but not a great skater, not quite a typical Sens pick.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Played with Savoie last year. So..likely seen while scouting Savoie.
As talked about before probably one of the main targets at 7 (Savoie)
Hope this guy is just as good! ;)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Can give you some good info on him.

McKeen's 2022 NHL Draft Guide - It is not that often you see a high-level player spend four years in the USHL. A big and skilled forward, and a former highly touted prospect, Halliday has improved every year in the league, culminating with a dominating breakout performance this season. The Ohio State commit was the USHL’s scoring leader thanks to improvements made to his explosiveness and conditioning. Halliday is also now the USHL’s all-time leading scorer (passing Sean Farrell). In his final year of eligibility, it seems likely that Halliday will finally hear his name called at the draft. He has certainly earned it. You really have to commend Halliday for putting in the work to improve his skating. The improvements made to his first step quickness and his overall agility are extremely noticeable and really helped him to dominate shifts on the regular. Halliday was just an absolute beast at the USHL level this year. His combination of power and skill at the center position is not common on draft day. Ohio State is a really good spot for him too, as he’ll be able to go in there and be an immediate top six forward for them on a quality up and coming team. This is another strong re-entry candidate for this season. - BO

Basically, he really dedicated himself to improving his conditioning (spoke to a few folks about that) and it made a huge difference in his game this year.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Good luck with this kid; a silver spooner with a bad attitude. Originally commited to North Dakota, bailed on that, now going to Ohio State. Hopefully he's grown up, but I doubt it.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Good luck with this kid; a silver spooner with a bad attitude. Originally commited to North Dakota, bailed on that, now going to Ohio State. Hopefully he's grown up, but I doubt it.
Thanks for your concern. I think we'll be ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad